View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by FedElta View Post
Hey Carl,

I generally agree with your opinions, however you have become a master of understatement on this issue. A 3% pay raise was only one facet of the TA....
I have a number of FDX buds and I've been reading every thread associated with your TA that is now a contract. I've never said that the 3% pay raise was the only facet of the TA. I've said it's the only positive part that I know of. 4A2B is virtually the same, etc. If you think there are many other positive facets of it, then I'm sure you're happy now.

which is hopefully a bridge to a full contract once the new flight/duty regs are known.
Hope all you want, but exactly why would management care to give you a new contract? You just agreed to one. One with a 3% pay raise. Your next contract will have to follow the normal Section 6/RLA/NMB process. How ever many years that process takes, you'll be working for those years for 3% more than you're making right now.

You do FedEx pilots a great disservice when you imply that a 3% raise was the only item gained.
I'm not implying it...I'm saying it. IMO, you agreed to the foreign domiciles, and keeping 4A2B etc, for 3%. Many, many other FDX pilots agree with that assessment - so I'm not sure I'm doing a disservice to all FDX pilots.

Fedex pilots hotly debated the merits of this TA....and the membership decided the outcome via memrat.....not via Alpa national in your thinly veiled reference.
Again, I don't thinly veil anything. The majority voted this in...that is indisputable. But FDX ALPA (with the financial and expert resources of ALPA national) put forth a tremendous sales pitch via a series of road shows. Not a fact statement - a sales pitch. That is what I hope we can avoid at Delta when our time comes. My hope is that we can get this failed "union" of ours to just give us the facts, instead of sales pitches and scare tactics to vote YES.

I think you are better than this.....-1, Carl.

BG
I'm never better than when I'm voicing my fact based opinions.

Carl