View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:00 PM
APC225
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Mr. ****** rudely responded that the bag was going to be gate checked and would not be allowed on the aircraft.
The best response I remember to an agent even hinting at some attitude was a long time ago. The captain simply returned to the person-who-controls-the-brakes position, and every time the agent came and asked "are you ready to push" replied "have you done your job yet by doing what I asked you to do?" or something to that affect.

He never raised his voice, didn't break a sweat, didn't engage in any discussion, and never came out of his role as the sole determiner of whether the aircraft moved.

The agent was absolutely incensed to the point of nearly stroking out, but understood, with this captain, the plane wasn't moving. After a couple of these terse exchanges, the agent complied and the captain "allowed" the door to be closed. It was a long time ago but I seem to remember that you could hear cursing coming from the jetway during the push.

I guess today the agent would get security to arrest him for holding the passengers hostage and then win Employee of the Quarter. As Dylan said, "Things Have Changed."

Last edited by APC225; 04-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.