View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by jagplt View Post
If you have the code to let you access the company downloads. So far it's a $20 app with no use other than the airports that it came with.
This was from a 1/23/11 MD-11 Standards Comm Update:
Originally Posted by MD-11 Comm Update
2. LIDO and the iPad: Well, they've finally done it....there is a LIDO app available on the App Store in iTunes. (If this is "greek" to you, then a) skip this section, or b) ask your kids what it means....if they're over the age of 2, they will be able to give you a complete history lesson (ha).

Here's my take on it:

--The concept is way cool...it holds tremendous promise to transform the iPad even further into a valuable work tool.

--This is version 1.0; it looks to me to be only a "test of concept", as it has only 4 airports in it's database....and none of them is MEM.

--It doesn't have access to any RAR/CRAR/COM/NAV/etc.

--It cost $19.99. Please don't waste 20 bucks on this one.

Version 1.1 is due out in a couple of weeks. It is supposed to have access to the worldwide database, all RAR stuff, and....to each individual airline's data. I know we are working very hard to get the price to be...FREE...and to insure access to all the LIDO data that "we" use. Remember...this is not a FDX product; we can't just tell them what to do and how to do it.

I'll let you know more info as I get it. We are all very interested in this concept.