View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Shrek
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by strfyr51 View Post
Well Dude?
I just read the preliminary NTSB report Yesterday, and Guess what?
No SMOKE!! And they have the Blowers. the SDCU, the Sensors, and the DFDR. Basically they said the load shedding both electrical any Hydraulic by droppingthe RAT were un-necessary with no visual evidence of smoke in the cockpit OR Cabin. and the load shed causes the CVR to be unpowered. (Which I can Guarantee they'll address!!) The Airbus Rep whom I've NEVER Met until last Friday is Camped out in the Flight safety office. So offhand? I'd say they're going to hang that poor captain out to DRY. (just my opinion though) I think you might want to rethnk your statement previously since I MIGHT actually know what I'm talking about.
And I Might actually KNOW the systems. (as well or BETTER than You, as MOST Airbus Controllers at ANY airline would.) I also Know that Had that Captain called before doing the "Johnny Ramjet" thing?? A VERY GOOD and HIGHLY Experienced Airbus Controller on duty would have Helped him. And? Of the 5 Fleet controllers on duty that morning? 3 were FULLY qualified Airbus Controllers so there's NO WAY he couldn't have gotten some "Good Scoop". Especially since ALL we DO is help Pilots and bring EVERY GUN to bear on whatever problem they might have. Why would you NOT get us in the loop? Your focus is and should be on the passengers and Crew, Our focus is on getting the PILOTS and the Airplane in theground Safely! We can replace Parts! We CAN'T replace Pilots!
Sure they can - they have been doing it since emerging from Bankruptcy