View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Frozen Ronin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!
Question Discussion: Loading disabled passengers

Trying to carefully approach this subject, with regulations and liability in mind. Where we operate, there is no other option but flying on Part 135 aircraft or snow machine for travel (currently). There is a growing elder population, that while otherwise healthy, are becoming less mobile, requiring help if not complete hand loading into a seat. Aircraft operated in our region are 206, 207, 208 and PA-31, for reference.

Question is for those with experience dealing with the liability of carrying, handling, loading these passengers, in concern with PIC regulatory issues, legal liability and such. I'm looking for first hand stories and experiences. We haven't had any issues, and I don't suspect we will. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues, what they were, and maybe what your local policy concerning immobile, invalid or otherwise impaired passengers are.

Really interested in hearing your experiences. I know there are lots of opinions out there, and I would appreciate those answering to notice I haven't voiced an opinion on the matter.

Thanks!
Ronin