Thread: Upgrade Times
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
jets2brasil

Smile Live for the moment...

Originally Posted by launchpad
I personally wouldn't worry about upgrade times...especially in today's environment.....the upgrade times will change quickly depending on growth, attrition and equipment.....just pick the airline that lives where you want to live, and that you would feel comfortable staying at for a while should the industry not turn around.....picking a good company has become more important than picking a company that will let you get to your ultimate career goals quickly.....
Could'nt agree more... I work for Skywest and love the job. It took me 4 years to upgrade, but the last class guys with 13 months in the company were awarded classes. PIC is important for one day the industry will turn around and you may want to go somewhere else, but it's important not to lose sight of what you are doing, providing a service to the public, and if you enjoy what you do, you'll do that so much better and without being bitter, which unfortunetly so many pilots do.
We all expect to make good money and have good schedules as pilots, but ultimately we fly because we love planes, so, pick the airline you want to fly for, that's close to your home and enjoy.
Good luck,
Fabio.