View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

The policy of canceling both legs and canceling GT is all to save money and take the burden off of scheduling/crew control. This last one is a cost savings too.

The savings really add up over time. Consider the following.

- Deviators never get more than than someone on schedule
- Deviators usually get less because GTs are canceled. *
- Deviators cost less during disruptions because they are not pay protected *
- Those on schedule get more bank when ticket prices climb or on last minute xtra pairings that don't qualify for the low accepted fare for that flight *

* Big savings from deviators that are unachievable from those that stay on Schedule. Has nothing to do with reliability or "backups". If money is worth more than time to you, stay on schedule. I don't think the company will give this up willingly.

IF you can't make it and they DON'T have a service failure because they successfully covered the trip, you won't get a letter in your file. Maybe it's might not get a letter if you don't make a habit of it. Is this what you mean by "might be reasonable"? I don't think the deviator keeps the bank when you are positioning when the problems occur.

I never us the word "reasonable" to describe deviation or accepted fares. They feed it just enough to keep us deviating as much as possible.

Last edited by Gunter; 05-06-2011 at 02:41 PM.