View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:21 PM
determined2fly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Chair Flying

Originally Posted by RJMFlyboi View Post
Hey guys,

To answer the first question, I got raked over the coals by my flight school. Obviously in retrospect I was a moron and wish I could have done it a ton of different ways, but I didn't and looking back and regretting what I've done won't help me. I can only learn and move on.

Also as far as PTF goes, it's already in the past and I'm not looking to do it again. The only real reason I did it was because it got me access to more money to get my commercial licenses.

As far as bankruptcy goes, the reason I was able to get that much in loans was because my parents co-signed the loans (and no they aren't rich at all).

Honestly I'm doing everything I can. Getting my four year degree, looking for work else where to pay the bills, however I don't want to give up. I absolutely love flying and think it's utterly amazing some people (hopefully me in the future!) get paid to do it!

I know it's not going to be easy at all, but this is obviously my burden and I know I can do it. I am just looking for advice and perhaps creative ways of getting to where I want to go. I hope that you guys might have some advice (other than giving up turning around and running for it). There's no turning around for me financially or for flying. I simply love it and won't give it up.

Thank you for your guys time! I appreciate the feedback.

Also my main question was, given my situation, would you (recruiters out there) still hold it against me that I did a PTF gig? I hope that people in your position can see that lack of knowledge/guidance/experience may be able to see the position I'm in. Worse comes to worse, I'll get my instructors ratings and get another job or two on the side, but I won't give up flying!

Thanks and take care all!
If your ever in Phoenix give me a holler...least I can do is buy you a drink!