View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:30 AM
tennesseeflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default Trip Revisions anyone ?

So, I did a makeup on this trip up to XXX ............... d/h on the backend, plans to go see the Indy 500 race on Sunday ................... we get to XXX and notification to call CRS, guess what ....................... you are operating XXX from XXX to XXX to XXX, revised trip. My FO had noticed the night before while checking his J/S on that same flight back to the planet ................... that he and I were both listed as operating the trip !!! We discussed it momentarily before departing the planet during wee hours of the morning, but my suspicions were running really high, I told him that I bet there was a plan to make us operate the trip the entire sequence, back to the planet ........................ sure enough, that is what happened. I understand that CRS can revise ANY trip in the system, but do they understand that they were gambling the dice on either of us possibly not being able to finish this trip due to fatigue or whatever else might have cropped up ? Why did J/S control know about this and the CRS not tell us ??? Has anyone else out there had a similar event ? Thanks to our CBA, they have the power to revise ..........................and we approved it.
Lesson learned and noted.