Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Smoke Toliet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: CRJ, A320
Posts: 204
Default New Uniform Help

Trying to do the online ordering but I only see a captain jacket available to order...I need a FO jacket. And I don't see my hat size available. Anyone else run into this problem? Guess I'll just have to call M&H.
Smoke Toliet is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Battlinbear21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Default

Thatís exactly what you need to do. Good news itís not required right now. Also, if anyone needs new shirts (the AA ones) please DM Iíll ship you 6 still in plastic. Neck is 17.5 slim fit. Iíve lost about 30 lbs since dec so Iíd look like a bum. Does anyone care if we wear different brands? Iím sure I could Send them back. But, rather just give them to a fellow pilot if they need/want them.
Battlinbear21 is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PRS Guitars's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 F/O
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlinbear21 View Post
Thatís exactly what you need to do. Good news itís not required right now. Also, if anyone needs new shirts (the AA ones) please DM Iíll ship you 6 still in plastic. Neck is 17.5 slim fit. Iíve lost about 30 lbs since dec so Iíd look like a bum. Does anyone care if we wear different brands? Iím sure I could Send them back. But, rather just give them to a fellow pilot if they need/want them.
No one will know if you wear a different brand. With all of the changes, we are going to be a pretty hodgepodge group for awhile. The M&H shirts are basic pilot shirts. The cut is terrible, Iím going to keep wearing the old shirt until I decide to spring for some more A Cut Above shirts.
PRS Guitars is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
EMBFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 2,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Toliet View Post
Trying to do the online ordering but I only see a captain jacket available to order...I need a FO jacket. And I don't see my hat size available. Anyone else run into this problem? Guess I'll just have to call M&H.
You select Captain or FO at checkout. Add all the items to the cart and then it'll give you the option to select your status at the end.

And for those who just say they'll wear the TwinHill, please stop. Seriously, please stop. You're hurting others. You may not have a reaction to it, but others do.
EMBFlyer is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 08:52 AM   #5  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS Guitars View Post
No one will know if you wear a different brand. With all of the changes, we are going to be a pretty hodgepodge group for awhile. The M&H shirts are basic pilot shirts. The cut is terrible, Iím going to keep wearing the old shirt until I decide to spring for some more A Cut Above shirts.
What size shirts?
Al Czervik is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Name User's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
You select Captain or FO at checkout. Add all the items to the cart and then it'll give you the option to select your status at the end.

And for those who just say they'll wear the TwinHill, please stop. Seriously, please stop. You're hurting others. You may not have a reaction to it, but others do.
The company has bent over backwards to appease these claims. They switched suppliers SEVERAL times including using Aramark, a country wide producer of uniforms with millions of wearers.

I'm sorry but at this point people are just piling on the bandwagon, especially the FA group, but many of the CnR crowd as well. "Yeah I have sinus issues it must be the clothes".

The entire thing has gotten completely out of control. There are people with genuine issues but they will have issues with any clothing produced.

I ran into an FA that used to be a buyer for a uniform CO back twenty years ago, they said they saw the same reactions in a small % of people as well. This stuff hasn't changed and nothing from M&H is going to be different.

News flash M&H are all produced overseas as well. We traded a well made, high quality uniform (TH) for off the rack Kmart specials. The M&H stuff is so cheap my blazer button fell off my second DAY on OE. No one at US wore their pants, they were absolute crap and waaaay overpriced.

In a year or two no one will be wearing their pants, it'll all be off th rack stuff from somewhere like Kohl's, who charges $30 for an "almost perfect match" vs $75 for M&H.

And before you say this is different, I've worn M&H since 2005, same crappy, overpriced stuff.

TH was vastly superior yet the squeaky minority wins another one.
Name User is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Name User's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,520
Default

For those looking for shirts, Crew Outfitters in DFW is clearing out all their old stock $33 shirts for $9.99. I bought a bunch of tailored/fitted ones with eyelets. The M&H shirts are OK in smaller sizes (I wear size 15) but still really boxy. I kept mine in their plastic and hope to swap them out when they offer a fitted version.
Name User is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Chuckie's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Have gun, will travel
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlinbear21 View Post
Thatís exactly what you need to do. Good news itís not required right now. Also, if anyone needs new shirts (the AA ones) please DM Iíll ship you 6 still in plastic. Neck is 17.5 slim fit. Iíve lost about 30 lbs since dec so Iíd look like a bum. Does anyone care if we wear different brands? Iím sure I could Send them back. But, rather just give them to a fellow pilot if they need/want them.
PM Sent!
Chuckie is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PRS Guitars's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 F/O
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
You select Captain or FO at checkout. Add all the items to the cart and then it'll give you the option to select your status at the end.

And for those who just say they'll wear the TwinHill, please stop. Seriously, please stop. You're hurting others. You may not have a reaction to it, but others do.
Iíll stop wearing TH when the company sends me an M&H uniform that fits. Literally not one thing fits, which is to be expected when they donít do a fitting. Iíll send it all back, and in six months get a new set that may or may not fit...then rinse and repeat.
PRS Guitars is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
EMBFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B737 FO
Posts: 2,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name User View Post
The company has bent over backwards to appease these claims. They switched suppliers SEVERAL times including using Aramark, a country wide producer of uniforms with millions of wearers.

I'm sorry but at this point people are just piling on the bandwagon, especially the FA group, but many of the CnR crowd as well. "Yeah I have sinus issues it must be the clothes".

The entire thing has gotten completely out of control. There are people with genuine issues but they will have issues with any clothing produced.

I ran into an FA that used to be a buyer for a uniform CO back twenty years ago, they said they saw the same reactions in a small % of people as well. This stuff hasn't changed and nothing from M&H is going to be different.

News flash M&H are all produced overseas as well. We traded a well made, high quality uniform (TH) for off the rack Kmart specials. The M&H stuff is so cheap my blazer button fell off my second DAY on OE. No one at US wore their pants, they were absolute crap and waaaay overpriced.

In a year or two no one will be wearing their pants, it'll all be off th rack stuff from somewhere like Kohl's, who charges $30 for an "almost perfect match" vs $75 for M&H.

And before you say this is different, I've worn M&H since 2005, same crappy, overpriced stuff.

TH was vastly superior yet the squeaky minority wins another one.
Feel better?

Say what you will. You can call me an f'ing liar (just do it to my face, first). I don't care what you believe or that I'm being a cry baby. I had a genuine reaction to the TwinHill uniform.

I was itchy, broke out in red rashes and had upper respiratory issues. They all seemed to disappear (and rather quickly in the case of the upper respiratory stuff) when I wasn't around the uniform. Now, when I fly with guys in the TH stuff, I get stuffy in the cockpit and it clears out when I'm not around it.

Bravo to you for not reacting. I'm proud. I really am. In fact, you should get a Chairman's Award for that. I reacted and I don't need some a-hole telling me it's all in my head. I'm not a crazy flight attendant or some rambling fool on C&R. It was real and it happened. I have not had any reactions with the M&H stuff.

I'm glad you like your yoga pants.
EMBFlyer is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Known Crewmember Uniform Restriction olly Cargo 15 06-23-2011 12:45 PM
For Sale...An Old Pilot's Uniform SpyGlass Hangar Talk 21 11-05-2008 04:49 PM
Uniform Poll Newty Regional 75 08-07-2008 11:20 PM
Navy Blue/US Airways Express style uniform items for sale BoilerUP The Boneyard 4 02-08-2008 02:05 PM
Delta Pilot Puts Uniform Up For Sale at Ebay FlyerJosh Flight Schools and Training 2 11-01-2005 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:18 AM.