Notices

Red redder reddest

Old 03-24-2019, 07:46 AM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
seafeye's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Hot tub for now
Posts: 1,203
Default Red redder reddest

Ok. I need the cliff notes for trading a redder than red trip. I have lite Sabre but might need some ideas on how to get out of those red eye trips. If possible.

Thx
seafeye is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 AM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place
Posts: 1,820
Default

3 options.

1-TTS
2-TTOT (via litesabre or regular sabre)
3- post it for drop

Easiest way to do TTOT is go into Sabre in APA app then HI, HISEQ, N4TL. That brings up all the currently legal trips you can trade for.
mainlineAF is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM
  #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,747
Default

Keep checking. I think litesabre will keep submitting automatically. But I've used the APA app successfully to do it. Someone told me the best time to do it too, I think it was like 2am-6am IIRC.
Name User is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 08:57 AM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 269
Default

Iíve had some success with TTS when TTOT gives me the redder than red BS.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airlinegypsy is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 AM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Arado 234's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,502
Default

Did you know that at Frontier you can drop unrestricted down to 60 hours?

Here you get redder bs. What a joke!
Arado 234 is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 10:03 AM
  #6  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 243
Default

Just call in sick. That way you get rid of the trip and still get paid.
Floobs is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 11:02 AM
  #7  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by Arado 234 View Post
Did you know that at Frontier you can drop unrestricted down to 60 hours?

Here you get redder bs. What a joke!
That would be sweet. Id do that every month. 11 days a work is about right for me
AAfng is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:41 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
Keep checking. I think litesabre will keep submitting automatically. But I've used the APA app successfully to do it. Someone told me the best time to do it too, I think it was like 2am-6am IIRC.
I donít want to sound factual without legit proof to show but I think that 2-6 sounds plausible. I have noticed (in the very rare cases I had decent sequences) a few of my trips be green in that window then be red about 7AM. I also try to use all three systems concurrently to drop or trade....I just have to constantly remind myself that whatever I adjust in one I must adjust in the others. It gets to be a pain but I like to imagine it increases my odds
OVBIII is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 02:19 PM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Buzzlightyear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 569
Default

For anybody else perusing these halls contemplating AA be forewarned the company has nearly locked down the schedule so there is little to no flexibility. If you are top 20% with a weekday day trip or possibly a two day you MIGHT be able to drop. If youíre like the rest of the 80% working weekends or partial weekends itís not going to happen.

To add insult to injury to trade a trip that is undesirable for an equally undesirable trip but possibly on a different day that trip needs to be on a day with worse staffing. Canít even trade for an equally bad trip on an equally bad staffing day. Red/redder.

Still looking for that culture change.
Buzzlightyear is offline  
Old 03-24-2019, 06:09 PM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA
Posts: 207
Default

Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
3 options.

1-TTS
2-TTOT (via litesabre or regular sabre)
3- post it for drop

Easiest way to do TTOT is go into Sabre in APA app then HI, HISEQ, N4TL. That brings up all the currently legal trips you can trade for.
I apologize for this question as I am new, but whatís TTS?
Machwon is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sailor
Spirit
14117
10-09-2015 07:55 AM
FlyJSH
Safety
5
02-22-2015 06:23 AM
CaptainCarl
Hangar Talk
5
07-12-2010 09:57 PM
Puppyz
Hangar Talk
0
12-18-2006 12:39 PM
SWAjet
Major
0
04-21-2005 03:44 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread