Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,927
Default

I see them in Atlanta daily
prex8390 is offline  
Old 08-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: CRJ CA
Posts: 1,870
Default

MSP as well.
zondaracer is offline  
Old 08-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place
Posts: 1,660
Default

All the cities I listed are random cities the 190 doesnít do often. ATL, RDU, MSP, IAH, etc are all regulars.
mainlineAF is offline  
Old 11-21-2019, 04:03 AM   #14  
Line Holder
 
Battlinbear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 2 Fan **** Can
Posts: 82
Default

So if I am reading this new bid correctly in regards to the 6 190 capt vacancies. It says they will be awarded to the most jr PHL qualified fos. So thatís at least 3 airbus guys who are getting it. Proof they screwed this up last year when they selected only the 190 fos to be captains. Does everyone else read it like that?
Battlinbear is offline  
Old 11-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlinbear View Post
So if I am reading this new bid correctly in regards to the 6 190 capt vacancies. It says they will be awarded to the most jr PHL qualified fos. So thatís at least 3 airbus guys who are getting it. Proof they screwed this up last year when they selected only the 190 fos to be captains. Does everyone else read it like that?
Iím pretty sure the bottom PHL guys were all E190 pilots at the time of the last forced upgrades. PHL320 has since become more junior.
flydc is offline  
Old 11-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #16  
Line Holder
 
Battlinbear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 2 Fan **** Can
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydc View Post
Iím pretty sure the bottom PHL guys were all E190 pilots at the time of the last forced upgrades. PHL320 has since become more junior.
ah yes, I do believe that was the case. No one was getting into philly as a NH back in nov 2017. I do feel bad that some of these guys are going to headed straight back to training and locked for 2 years. plus they lose their ability to unlock for 1st upgrade after 6 months. Hopefully APA and AA steps up and gets these guys/gals something lucrative. Unfortunately, itís probably going to be same as last time.
Battlinbear is offline  
Old 11-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Posts: 395
Default

Yeah, about $235 an hour should do it...
TankerDriver is offline  
Old 11-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerDriver View Post
Yeah, about $235 an hour should do it...
Deltaís A220-100 (109 seats) rate is currently $262.84, B717 is $255.57. Assuming they get only a 3% raise for 2020, they will be at $271/263 respectively for small narrowbodies.

E190 pay has been artificially held down in this industry for a few reasons. 1) Itís the same type as a regional, and in some countries is flown as a regional. 2) the launch customer, jetblue, set the bar low and the industry has struggled to negotiate it higher, largely because at most outfits itís a ghost rate because the plane doesnít exist, and therefore not much negotiating capital has been expended on it.

JetBlueís E190 rates are $211, going to $216 in 2020 and $220 in $221. JetBlueís A220-100 rates are $237/$242 next year and 2021 (though jetblue is supposedly only getting -300s, I just threw that out for comparison).

All this to say Iíd like to think you guys could negotiate $240 an hour for the 190..thatís 10% below DLís ďin useĒ (so not counting their ghost E190 rate) small narrowbodies for 2020 (assuming a 3% raise from their current 2019 rates). Iíd think it wouldnít cost the company a lot since itís going away and itís such a small fleet anyway.

Anyway, good luck.
jamesholzhauer is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 10:00 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesholzhauer View Post
Deltaís A220-100 (109 seats) rate is currently $262.84, B717 is $255.57. Assuming they get only a 3% raise for 2020, they will be at $271/263 respectively for small narrowbodies.



E190 pay has been artificially held down in this industry for a few reasons. 1) Itís the same type as a regional, and in some countries is flown as a regional. 2) the launch customer, jetblue, set the bar low and the industry has struggled to negotiate it higher, largely because at most outfits itís a ghost rate because the plane doesnít exist, and therefore not much negotiating capital has been expended on it.



JetBlueís E190 rates are $211, going to $216 in 2020 and $220 in $221. JetBlueís A220-100 rates are $237/$242 next year and 2021 (though jetblue is supposedly only getting -300s, I just threw that out for comparison).



All this to say Iíd like to think you guys could negotiate $240 an hour for the 190..thatís 10% below DLís ďin useĒ (so not counting their ghost E190 rate) small narrowbodies for 2020 (assuming a 3% raise from their current 2019 rates). Iíd think it wouldnít cost the company a lot since itís going away and itís such a small fleet anyway.



Anyway, good luck.
Good info. In any event, fixing the payscales would most definitely fix their manning issues and drive the jet senior as it is definitely the hidden gem for a lot of people local to PHL. They are about to force upgrade 6 more FO's as of this last vacancy announcement. Apparently they have been saying this airplane is "going away" for almost a decade now. Their answer to the Group 1 sized aircraft is to buy used 319's.
TankerDriver is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerDriver View Post
Their answer to the Group 1 sized aircraft is to buy used 319's.
I like that answer.
DarinFred is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E190 CA vs A320 FO seekingblue JetBlue 84 11-27-2019 09:03 AM
JAL to launch long-haul LCC in 2020 Typhoonpilot Foreign 9 03-04-2019 06:05 AM
Aeromexico Connect E190 report - wow ShyGuy Safety 4 02-28-2019 02:00 PM
JB launches fleet review - bye bye E190? David Puddy JetBlue 523 07-10-2018 07:12 AM
PHL E190 skinny TankerDriver American 67 07-04-2017 01:22 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:34 AM.