Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
ducdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Chief ice fetcher!
Posts: 71
Default Taking a voluntary leave

Got a friend who is right on the cut off for furlough and has a job offer at a corporate flight department. Is there a provision in the AA union contract to take a leave of absence?
Outside of whatís currently available for bidding.
ducdriver is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
texaspilot76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdriver View Post
Got a friend who is right on the cut off for furlough and has a job offer at a corporate flight department. Is there a provision in the AA union contract to take a leave of absence?
Outside of whatís currently available for bidding.
Even if he gets granted a leave, per the contract, he would have to get permission from the company to do any outside flying. If furloughed, then there is no restriction. But on leave, permission is required.
texaspilot76 is online now  
Old 05-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #3  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdriver View Post
Got a friend who is right on the cut off for furlough and has a job offer at a corporate flight department. Is there a provision in the AA union contract to take a leave of absence?
Outside of whatís currently available for bidding.
whereís the cutoff for a furlough?

asking for a friend.
Al Czervik is online now  
Old 05-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
bababouey's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
whereís the cutoff for a furlough?

asking for a friend.

If you have to ask, you didnít make the cutoff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bababouey is online now  
Old 05-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
bigscrillywilli's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
whereís the cutoff for a furlough?

asking for a friend.
Hahahaha love it
bigscrillywilli is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 07:00 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sumwherelse's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
Even if he gets granted a leave, per the contract, he would have to get permission from the company to do any outside flying. If furloughed, then there is no restriction. But on leave, permission is required.
pretty sure this isnít correct?
sumwherelse is offline  
Old 05-12-2020, 08:13 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
texaspilot76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 1,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwherelse View Post
pretty sure this isnít correct?
Section 11, B. 7:
A pilot on leave shall not, without prior written permission of the Company, engage in aviation employment, and in no case shall engage in employment, the nature of which may bring discredit upon the Company.
texaspilot76 is online now  
Old 05-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #8  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
ducdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Chief ice fetcher!
Posts: 71
Default

Thanks for the responses so far. Heís right around 11k I believe. So fairly close given the projected numbers. I want to hire him into the flight department I manage so we are trying to figure out if there any personal leave type options he can take. The airline I was at many moons ago had these options built into the contract.
ducdriver is offline  
Old 05-13-2020, 12:48 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ACEssXfer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdriver View Post
Thanks for the responses so far. Heís right around 11k I believe. So fairly close given the projected numbers. I want to hire him into the flight department I manage so we are trying to figure out if there any personal leave type options he can take. The airline I was at many moons ago had these options built into the contract.
I donít think your friend understands the projected numbers.
ACEssXfer is online now  
Old 05-13-2020, 04:29 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AllYourBaseAreB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 128
Default

Doesnít sound bright in general
AllYourBaseAreB is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 199088 Today 02:51 AM
Who's taking the paid leave? OffAtTango Republic Airways 39 04-07-2020 05:45 PM
Anyone else having issues with mil leave? Tina1z United 4 12-16-2016 01:04 PM
What sick leave oughta look like.... Heaney Delta 37 10-26-2016 07:04 AM
New sick leave language DoubleTrouble Major 12 05-25-2012 09:06 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:11 PM.