Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #291  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LabDad06's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tring View Post
...RAH is just gonna make it reciprocal by making AA OAL...
You're going to tell an AA pilot that they're OAL on a plane that says AA on it?
LabDad06 is offline  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:11 PM   #292  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabDad06 View Post
I'm new to this thread and have only read a few posts. If I'm understanding this correctly, Republic will give Delta, United, and American priority on SOME of their flights - only involving their own metal? But... they want priority on ALL Delta, ALL United, and ALL American flights (mainline)? And they think it is unfair if they don't get priority on ALL flights? Is that about right or do I have it wrong?
pretty much sums it up. It’s basically MSNBC level whining and crying and claiming their being treated unfairly. Guess the “no child left behind” generation has finally got old enough to fly for a regional airline
coodrough568 is offline  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #293  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tring's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coodrough568 View Post
pretty much sums it up. It’s basically MSNBC level whining and crying and claiming their being treated unfairly. Guess the “no child left behind” generation has finally got old enough to fly for a regional airline

Says the person that literally adds no substance to the discussion, just some inflammatory emotional Twitter style rant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tring is offline  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:27 PM   #294  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Tring's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabDad06 View Post
You're going to tell an AA pilot that they're OAL on a plane that says AA on it?

No, just the 3 or 4 AE planes we operate that have Republic livery on it /s/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tring is offline  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #295  
Covfefe
 
BeatNavy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,099
Default

OAL (B6) guy here…just curious, if I’m jumpseating on an AA metal flight that has B6 code, should a republic guy get priority on that AA jumpseat over me? This proposed change sounds like that would be the case.
BeatNavy is online now  
Old 05-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #296  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
OAL (B6) guy here…just curious, if I’m jumpseating on an AA metal flight that has B6 code, should a republic guy get priority on that AA jumpseat over me? This proposed change sounds like that would be the case.
don’t be mistaken, there has been no change nor will there ever be
coodrough568 is offline  
Old 05-04-2021, 01:13 AM   #297  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JohnnyBekkestad's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: EMB175 CA
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabDad06 View Post
I'm new to this thread and have only read a few posts. If I'm understanding this correctly, Republic will give Delta, United, and American priority on SOME of their flights - only involving their own metal? But... they want priority on ALL Delta, ALL United, and ALL American flights (mainline)? And they think it is unfair if they don't get priority on ALL flights? Is that about right or do I have it wrong?
No, not exactly.

RAH pilots wants priority over offline pilots to the jumpseat only. They do not want any kind of priority of AA pilots nor do they want priority of any wholly owned pilot.
They have this agreement with United and Delta already. The problem that occurs is that a RAH pilot could be flying an AA trip and and then try to get home after the end of the trip to be bumped of the jumpseat by any pilot with CASS just because they happened to check in before him. It might as well been a mountain air pilot. Who’s never done a single flight for AA.
JohnnyBekkestad is online now  
Old 05-04-2021, 03:18 AM   #298  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Guppydriver95's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBekkestad View Post
No, not exactly.

RAH pilots wants priority over offline pilots to the jumpseat only. They do not want any kind of priority of AA pilots nor do they want priority of any wholly owned pilot.
They have this agreement with United and Delta already. The problem that occurs is that a RAH pilot could be flying an AA trip and and then try to get home after the end of the trip to be bumped of the jumpseat by any pilot with CASS just because they happened to check in before him. It might as well been a mountain air pilot. Who’s never done a single flight for AA.
don’t think that’s correct. I’m UA, and since we don’t own our feed, it’s broken down by “exclusive” or “non exclusive”. Since RAH is a non exclusive carrier for UAL, they go behind the exclusive carriers as far as Jumpseat priority.
Guppydriver95 is offline  
Old 05-04-2021, 04:25 AM   #299  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sanicom3205's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
OAL (B6) guy here…just curious, if I’m jumpseating on an AA metal flight that has B6 code, should a republic guy get priority on that AA jumpseat over me? This proposed change sounds like that would be the case.
Yes, that is what would happen. APA is against this, and after the third time the RAH guys contacted them they started ignoring them. How many times can you have the same conversation? So RAH pilots didn’t like the answer they got from our union the first three times, and didn’t like that they were ignored when they kept asking the same question. For the record, answering a question once is all that’s required. Asking the same question over and over again and not getting an answer on the third time isn’t getting ignored.

So after being “ignored”, teamsters went straight to our management. Class act. I don’t think you have anything to worry about, we won’t let this through and if they want to start yet another p!ssingmatch then so be it.
sanicom3205 is offline  
Old 05-04-2021, 04:42 AM   #300  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captive apple's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
don’t think that’s correct. I’m UA, and since we don’t own our feed, it’s broken down by “exclusive” or “non exclusive”. Since RAH is a non exclusive carrier for UAL, they go behind the exclusive carriers as far as Jumpseat priority.
You get the Delta deal without actually owning anything. *exclusive*=WO in this scenario as presented.
captive apple is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not a smart move Al Czervik Republic Airways 500 10-20-2019 06:47 AM
USAir Jumpseat Listing Scheduler LeineLodge American 55 12-16-2013 02:21 PM
Delta Jumpseat Husker4Life Major 8 01-31-2013 07:00 AM
Poor jumpseat etiquette Big3win Major 203 04-16-2009 09:07 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:31 PM.