Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > American
AA plane eats runway lights in vegas >

AA plane eats runway lights in vegas

Notices

AA plane eats runway lights in vegas

Old 10-02-2021, 01:25 PM
  #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 70
Default AA plane eats runway lights in vegas

https://youtu.be/Ix99lCkIMtg

How did they manage to do that AND takeoff? Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that carpet dance.
FAR121 is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 01:27 PM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,001
Default

Probably was one of their unvax pilots


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Av8rPHX is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 01:44 PM
  #3  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 2,959
Default

Originally Posted by FAR121 View Post
https://youtu.be/Ix99lCkIMtg

How did they manage to do that AND takeoff? Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that carpet dance.
Well at least they were experienced enough to not have to use standard ICAO RT phraseology.
Thats for student pilots, we all know that.
Good thing they had at least 1000hrs turbojet PIC and a degree before they got hired.
*smh*
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 01:50 PM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 572
Default

Not saying it was part of the cause here, but it has always amazed me that an airport as big & busy as KLAS can somehow get away with having virtually NO taxiway edge lights! ****?
Smokey23 is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 03:30 PM
  #5  
Used to Get Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: CRJ-200
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by Av8rPHX View Post
Probably was one of their unvax pilots


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You beat me to it! Bravo!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
iceman21 is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 03:56 PM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 552
Default

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Well at least they were experienced enough to not have to use standard ICAO RT phraseology.
Thats for student pilots, we all know that.
Good thing they had at least 1000hrs turbojet PIC and a degree before they got hired.
*smh*
What was non-standard? The "see ya"? Jeez man.
ACEssXfer is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 04:01 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2021
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by ACEssXfer View Post
What was non-standard? The "see ya"? Jeez man.
Ya, the FO is a tool.

The misleading part of this video is that the runway does not have CL lights that were working. They saw the edge lights and thought they were the CL lights. Really could have happened to a lot of crews, especially when we are all used to seeing CL lighting.
FlyGuy2021 is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 04:05 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
biigD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,261
Default

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Good thing they had at least 1000hrs turbojet PIC and a degree before they got hired.
*smh*
The butthurt is *strong* with this one!
biigD is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 04:32 PM
  #9  
Corrado
 
TorqueWrench's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Position: Flying and fixing cars
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by biigD View Post
The butthurt is *strong* with this one!
Yeah no one takes him seriously. Itís a shame people bother responding to him. Keeps him coming back.
TorqueWrench is offline  
Old 10-02-2021, 04:34 PM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,080
Default

Originally Posted by FlyGuy2021 View Post
Ya, the FO is a tool.

The misleading part of this video is that the runway does not have CL lights that were working. They saw the edge lights and thought they were the CL lights. Really could have happened to a lot of crews, especially when we are all used to seeing CL lighting.
Too lazy to go get my iPad, but I'm pretty sure there's a note about the lighting in the company pages. So apparently the lighting issue is serious enough to be known.

Anecdotally, last year when I requaled we did a scenario in Vegas and the ckam asked " what's weird about Vegas?

I had never been, the captain says " the lighting" or something to that effect.
FlyyGuyy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SKMarz
Safety
23
12-18-2020 08:08 PM
4V14T0R
Safety
36
01-23-2019 01:50 PM
Huck
Cargo
10
11-23-2010 05:04 AM
Boeingguy
Major
10
12-17-2005 09:27 AM
Gordon C
Hangar Talk
2
07-30-2005 08:48 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread