Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : How do spoilers work ?

N1000
02-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Can anyone of you please explain me in detail the work of spoiler at down , armed , flight detente and up position ?

navigatro
02-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Spoiler alert!

This is going to be moved to the technical section.

FMGEC
02-17-2017, 08:07 PM
They change the airflow over the back end of the car to give more downforce in the corners. NASCAR

Or- they do absolutely nothing, and just are there for looks...like on a Honda Civc

zondaracer
02-17-2017, 08:08 PM
I read this article that said "spoiler" and it turned out that it gave away the ending of the movie. I got upset after that.

N1000
02-17-2017, 11:28 PM
I mean what are the functions of up armed , flight detent and down marks of spoiler lever ?

HwkrPlt
02-18-2017, 03:58 AM
They go up and make noise.

disco inferno
02-18-2017, 04:43 AM
It makes the plane go Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
https://media.giphy.com/media/rdma0nDFZMR32/giphy.gif

Bilsch
02-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Can anyone of you please explain me in detail the work of spoiler at down , armed , flight detente and up position ?

Google (http://Www.google.com)

Marlin
02-18-2017, 06:58 AM
At the risk of looking like a moron .
.. down... stowed
... armed... will extend ground and flt spoilers(~60*) upon rejected takeoff or landing
Flt... will extend flt spoilers in the air.. (~35*)something less than armed, and not the ground spoilers
Up... fully deployed on the ground only, moves there automatically if armed and landing or RTO

Left Handed
02-18-2017, 09:24 AM
.. down... stowed
... armed... will extend ground and flt spoilers(~60*) upon rejected takeoff or landing
Flt... will extend flt spoilers in the air.. (~35*)something less than armed, and not the ground spoilers
Up... fully deployed on the ground only, moves there automatically if armed and landing or RTO

Well, you sure spoiled this thread😄

blastoff
02-21-2017, 02:33 PM
.. down... stowed
Up... fully deployed on the ground only, moves there automatically if armed and landing or RTOKilljoy.....