Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : OSM (NAI Crew source) Ads?!?

Endir1001
02-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Am I the only one seeing advertisements for OSM, the company doing the hiring for pilots for NAI?

Perhaps a petition to the forum to Deny NAI is in order?

Ohlsan
02-20-2017, 05:45 PM
I don't see them, but I believe the ads are placed based on your previous searches. So basically if you have been googling couches your gonna have couch ads.

Endir1001
02-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Maybe for the banner type ads, but these are embedded. Along with other aviation ads for republic and go jet and PSA..

Probe
02-20-2017, 10:20 PM
I don't see them, but I believe the ads are placed based on your previous searches. So basically if you have been googling couches your gonna have couch ads.

Is that why all I have is male enhancement and enlargement ads?

Probe
02-20-2017, 10:20 PM
I thought somebody hacked my laptop camera.

Csy Mon
02-21-2017, 01:10 AM
I see an ad for Sea Ray boats on top of this page and 2 ads for leasing a Rolls Royce car.
Looks like they have the wrong guy, no Rolls for me in the foreseeable
Future, but been thinking about a boat..:cool:

trip
02-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Adblocker, unless your looking for friendly Chinese lady...

Csy Mon
02-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Adblocker, unless your looking for friendly Chinese lady...

An app for iPads?

Trying to quit friendly Chinese ladies so that should not be a problem.

trip
02-21-2017, 12:44 PM
An app for iPads?

I use Opera browser on my desktop, for my old ipad Dolphin browser has an adblocker. Probably more options but these were free.

ItnStln
03-04-2017, 10:35 AM
An app for iPads?

It's an extension for Google Chrome, and other browsers. However, there is Adblock Browser (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adblock-browser/id1015653330?mt=8) which works for both Android and iOS.

ItnStln
03-04-2017, 10:36 AM
I use Opera browser on my desktop, for my old ipad Dolphin browser has an adblocker. Probably more options but these were free.

I haven't used Opera for a while. Is the adblock built in, or do you have to download an extension? If it's an extension, which do you use?

trip
03-06-2017, 06:20 AM
I haven't used Opera for a while. Is the adblock built in, or do you have to download an extension? If it's an extension, which do you use?

Built in, I'm not at my desktop right now but I think it's just a tick box to turn it on.

Cazadores
03-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Would it be better to click on the ad, don't they have to pay for clicks? I don't know, seems like that was a tactic used in political campaigns before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ItnStln
03-06-2017, 07:22 AM
Built in, I'm not at my desktop right now but I think it's just a tick box to turn it on.
Awesome, thanks! I'll have to give it a try again.

ItnStln
03-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Would it be better to click on the ad, don't they have to pay for clicks? I don't know, seems like that was a tactic used in political campaigns before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some sites get money from clicking on advertisements. If that's the case here, then yes they'd pay for clicks and APC would get money. Certain types of websites use this tactic to gain money, and it's why I use Adblock Plus in Chrome, and Adblock Browser on my Android and iOS devices.

nmarconato
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Hey! Yes, that's most likely retargeting, they are not a direct advertiser.

That being said, I can certainly blacklist them from the site. Can you elaborate, provide more reasoning for me to blacklist them from the Community? Thank you.

Nick