Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Cummins

Md5drivr
02-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Anyone have any insights into Cummins flight department?

galaxy flyer
02-21-2017, 02:59 PM
It's in Columbus, IN.

Ok, three G280s and a ERJ 135 shuttle.

GF

Indyjetav8er
03-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Good people work there.

Edit. Great people work there. Pay is low for industry but high for area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convair5800
03-06-2017, 03:49 AM
Good people work there.

Edit. Great people work there. Pay is low for industry but high for area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How low is "low" for the industry? What do they offer a first year FO?

Thx
CV

galaxy flyer
03-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Instead of questions without answers; how 'bout sending a resume and see if they call for an interview. If they give you an offer, counter and see what they say. Before all that, decide if you want to work there and live in Columbus, IN. Nice town, Cummings is a huge part of the social scene there, interesting buildings

GF

velosnow
03-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Don't know much about Cummins flight department, but my bro lives in Columbus and really likes it. The downtown continues to be rejuvenated with new restaurants, coffee shops and the like. Affordable living plus great trails just west in Brown County plus Hoosier National Forest to play in.

crbnftprnt
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
I lived in Columbus for 3 years. It's a relatively affluent and upscale town compared to others of its size in Indiana. Indiana University (Bloomington) is 35 miles away. My knowledge of the Cummins flight department is obsolete by 40 years, but the company itself is known to be very employee-friendly.

zippinbye
03-08-2017, 06:58 PM
It's in Columbus, IN.

Ok, three G280s and a ERJ 135 shuttle.

GF

Equipped with high pressure common rail kerosene injection? If any of their Diesel engine quality filters into the flight department, it ought to be a good operation!