Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Flight to Paris- Le Mans Race

livinthedream89
02-21-2017, 01:11 PM
I got some great tips on here for my last trip to Europe, hoping for some more help.

Trying to plan a trip to Le Mans for el jefe (6/16-6/18). I'm realizing that the Paris air show is that weekend too, so that kind of makes it more difficult.

Which airport would you recommend for a flight to Paris? CDG doesn't accept GA aircraft (from what I read).

Any other tips? I've heard the French authorities like to do their safety ramp checks so we're ready for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mink
02-21-2017, 01:47 PM
LFPB is where Ive been several times with corporate jets. But during airshow weekend, that's gonna be difficult. LFPO might be an option. Are you working with a planner / handler? If so, ask them what they recommend.

galaxy flyer
02-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Try Tours, it's not far from LeMans. Easy to town, several hotels, handling was good some years ago. I wasn't there for the race, tho. Pontoise is another option, nearer to Paris.

GF

galaxy flyer
02-21-2017, 01:49 PM
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_02_FEB_2017/FRANCE/AIRAC-2017-02-02/html/index-fr-FR.html

Pontoise is an option, northwest of Paris. If you're going just to the race, Tours would work

LFPT in the French AIP is above. Customs could be an issue unless an internal flight.
GF

Falcondrivr
02-28-2017, 03:38 AM
If it's just for the race, Le Mans is a 2 hour drive from Paris with no traffic. Pick a closer airport.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1