Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : K4 Hiring 100-130 pilots in 2017

HercDriver130
02-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Those numbers are from the CPs office.

K4 will be at the WIA conference in Florida this week. The CP, Dir of Trng and two line pilots will be in Attendance as long as some other company personnel. For the near future all new hire's should be going to the -400. Again, info from the CPs office is 2-4 more -400s coming this year. Pay rates listed in APC profile section are correct with a 5% raise coming in DEC. 16 day rotations, and most guys are getting home a day or so early.....YMMV>

They appear to be planning classes of 8 thru the year, with a few months having two classes. There "might" be some hiring into the 767 late in the year.

Atlas Shrugged
02-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Well, there goes all those cheap pilots Atlas was planning on...

Rama
02-26-2017, 07:50 AM
You'll get them when you guys buy out Connie.

Atlas Shrugged
02-26-2017, 07:57 AM

Can you imagine what a cluster that would be?

Never say never for sure. ;)

727C47
02-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Good on K4 , taking their rightful place as the best 747 / 767
ACMI in the biz, not perfect, but better than their rivals, Good on ya !!!

Tenacvols
02-27-2017, 06:54 PM

Won't happen, the amalgamated contract would actually raise Atlas's rates not decrease them. No incentive for Purchase to purchase K-4...

CargoPirate
02-28-2017, 12:31 AM
Won't happen, the amalgamated contract would actually raise Atlas's rates not decrease them. No incentive for Purchase to purchase K-4...

The rates would go up but all the work rules would go out the window.

JTwift
02-28-2017, 03:29 AM
This company is still half the month on, half off?

HercDriver130
02-28-2017, 10:30 AM
16 on......14/15 off

Scraggly Heron
03-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Curious--does K4 have a gateway program similar to Atlas, or would one need to plan on commuting?

goinaround
03-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Curious--does K4 have a gateway program similar to Atlas, or would one need to plan on commuting?

Surely you can't be serious......

East Aspen Dash
03-02-2017, 10:05 AM

You will be based on your couch in the lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atpcliff
03-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Kalitta is Home Based. It is MUCH better than Atlas' Pilot Bases AND Gateway Travel system.

badtransam97
03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
What are realistic flight times people are getting hired with? Do they give full, or any credit for helo time?

Scraggly Heron
03-03-2017, 05:39 AM
Surely you can't be serious......

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley

:D

Mr Rumbold
03-03-2017, 07:59 AM
Kalitta is Home Based. It is MUCH better than Atlas' Pilot Bases AND Gateway Travel system.

Where is a good place to live that would reduce commute time?
Because I make $hit at a regional, I stay with family instead of keeping a place of my own;; therefore, I could move to wherever--
But I dont want to move to say, Tampa, and spend the better part of a day being gateway commuted to Anchorage- Id rather live there.

HercDriver130
03-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Typical starting points for a K4 trip are.... CVG and JFK.......but occasionally it could be anywhere... I just started this pattern in TUS... though it was suppose to start in JFK. The most difficult commute for our guys are west coasters going to CVG and JFK with early report times on day one. Other than that.... its really not that bad... plus remember...it might be a bit of your time late on day ZERO, but its THEIR money and their is no pressure. Flight is late, its scheduling problem. flight is cancelled.. no worries it will get worked out. True home basing which we still have at K4 is a huge perk for us.

To clarify.. we do not have Gateway travel with crew bases like Atlas. Technically YIP Is your base but its not really a factor. When you go to work, it will be to where they need you on their dime, with NO imputed income on tickets or hotels.

East Aspen Dash
03-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Typical starting points for a K4 trip are.... CVG and JFK.......but occasionally it could be anywhere... I just started this pattern in TUS... though it was suppose to start in JFK. The most difficult commute for our guys are west coasters going to CVG and JFK with early report times on day one. Other than that.... its really not that bad... plus remember...it might be a bit of your time late on day ZERO, but its THEIR money and their is no pressure. Flight is late, its scheduling problem. flight is cancelled.. no worries it will get worked out. True home basing which we still have at K4 is a huge perk for us.

To clarify.. we do not have Gateway travel with crew bases like Atlas. Technically YIP Is your base but its not really a factor. When you go to work, it will be to where they need you on their dime, with NO imputed income on tickets or hotels.

Herc missed that although it is considered a commute, it is positive space and you are paid deadhead pay to and from home. So it is vastly different from hitching a ride to EWR to sit around all day in the crew room because 22.95 an hour is woefully inadequate to buy anything let alone a hotel room. It alleviates a ton of stress. Your work day begins at your home airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HercDriver130
03-05-2017, 01:03 AM
yep... forgot to mention you credit pay hours to and from work on our "commute".... thanks EAD

badtransam97
03-06-2017, 03:41 AM
Are they helo time friendly there? I meet the mins if I get credit for RW time. Guess I should just apply and start updating resume with them often, and see what happens!?

HercDriver130
03-07-2017, 12:18 AM
i dont think they will credit ALL of your helo time ... but I am not sure. Probably depends on how much fixed wing time and what it was in.

Rawhide16
03-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm a local guy that lives 15 mins from YIP but haven't heard a peep from them. 2900 total time, 2200 PIC, 2100 turbine, 1500 TPIC...mostly F-16 time with about 600 King-Air. I'm guessing I'm not competitive and that they probably want some long-haul experience. Any suggestions or advice?

Whiplash6
03-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm a local guy that lives 15 mins from YIP but haven't heard a peep from them. 2900 total time, 2200 PIC, 2100 turbine, 1500 TPIC...mostly F-16 time with about 600 King-Air. I'm guessing I'm not competitive and that they probably want some long-haul experience. Any suggestions or advice?

Yes, apply somewhere else. Kalitta, really? You have f-16 time. Just email Delta and tell them you're ready for your interview.

Rawhide16
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Yes, apply somewhere else. Kalitta, really? You have f-16 time. Just email Delta and tell them you're ready for your interview.

I wish it were that easy. I've had my apps out at DAL, UAL, AAL, SWA, FedEx, UPS, Atlas, Spirit, and Kalitta since October with internals at most of them and nothing. Also had my app reviewed by Checked and Set to make sure it was squared away. I start at a regional in less than a month.

Whiplash6
03-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I wish it were that easy. I've had my apps out at all the bigs since October and nothing. I start at a regional in less than a month.

I hear you man. A full 4 months can feel like an eternity. Try 7 years.....

Get the Part 121 time and start beating the Legacy interviews off with a stick. Meanwhile, the rest of us will fly the acmi widebodies for next to nothing.

Rawhide16
03-07-2017, 04:15 PM

Get the Part 121 time and start beating the Legacy interviews off with a stick. Meanwhile, the rest of us will fly the acmi widebodies for next to nothing.

I understand that my wait is short compared to many others. Patience is a virtue that I lack. Didn't K4 just get a new contract with significantly higher pay?

Whiplash6
03-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I understand that my wait is short compared to many others. Patience is a virtue that I lack. Didn't K4 just get a new contract with significantly higher pay?

Yes. They did. I just think you need 6 months of part 121 time and you can get an interview anywhere. Just based on odd hiring practices. Good luck in RJ training.

sherpster
03-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Damn, that was spot on. 4 months is an eternity for a fighter guy!

overcast
03-10-2017, 11:39 PM
What are upgrade times running at? Used to see you guys at the sim and hotel in YIP.

HercDriver130
03-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Recently awarded 24 CA upgrades on the -400. The most junior of those will be about 6 years when they train. Moving beyond this group its only a handful of guys until we start upgrading guys hired in 2014.

HercDriver130
03-23-2017, 03:52 AM
Just an update. Company is still interviewing what appears to be 12 each month... and running a new hire class of 8 each month. Recently had a guy on OE, resign to go to UPS... can't fault him for that. If what the CP stated in Jan/Feb holds true I would expect them to keep this pace most of the year.. their might be a slight slow down at some point to push thru the CAs upgrades we have waiting in the wings.

Cylinderpop
03-28-2017, 01:59 PM
Any more job fair appearances planned for K4 in the near future? And how low of hours are guys getting the call now with the new contract?

HercDriver130
03-29-2017, 02:42 AM
Thats the million dollar question ..... we hire our fair share of Military guys here and they tend to be on the low side of hours TT wise....i am guess the average non mil guy here is probably in the 4-5000 range with variances to that. Certainly there was a flood of nearly 800-900 new resume's after the CBA was signed in DEC. You can't win if you dont play.

Cylinderpop
03-29-2017, 04:28 AM
True that... The results sometimes look like a lottery but that's everywhere right now. Thanks

Thats the million dollar question ..... we hire our fair share of Military guys here and they tend to be on the low side of hours TT wise....i am guess the average non mil guy here is probably in the 4-5000 range with variances to that. Certainly there was a flood of nearly 800-900 new resume's after the CBA was signed in DEC. You can't win if you dont play.