Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : STL AMEs (SMH)

BaalsAdvocate
02-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to share a little info about a STL AME. *M...* Been going here for years. Went last week. Asked, as usual, to fax a copy to crew records. "Of course," was the reply. Several days later... Chief Pilot calling saying I've de-qualified because of medical. Called Dr office. "Oh we don't do that. We don't fax medical records. That's illegal." Thanks Doc. I'll be sure to spread the word. (Doh!):mad:

turbinepic
02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
I have had a very similar experience!

HighFlight
02-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Illegal? No, no, no Doc. In fact, most medical facilities ONLY want to fax things. It is seen as a "more secure" transmission method than email. Heck, that's how a ME sends stuff to the FAA!!

Just wanted to share a little info about a STL AME. *M...* Been going here for years. Went last week. Asked, as usual, to fax a copy to crew records. "Of course," was the reply. Several days later... Chief Pilot calling saying I've de-qualified because of medical. Called Dr office. "Oh we don't do that. We don't fax medical records. That's illegal." Thanks Doc. I'll be sure to spread the word. (Doh!):mad:

Day4mx
02-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Actually there may be something to this. My AME explained it to me regarding duplicates. Apparently it's a new issue applying to ames and an issue regarding multiple copies of your med cert.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1