Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

UAL T38 Phlyer
03-08-2017, 05:03 AM
I just changed residences for the first time in 20 years. I updated my address with the FAA site this morning, and thought I had to request a replacement certificate.

But then I saw it specifically said you don't have to get a replacement.

Do I have that right? Not worried about the two bucks; just wondered if one was in limbo waiting for a replacement certificate in the mail.

JohnBurke
03-08-2017, 07:01 AM
I just changed residences for the first time in 20 years. I updated my address with the FAA site this morning, and thought I had to request a replacement certificate.

But then I saw it specifically said you don't have to get a replacement.

Do I have that right? Not worried about the two bucks; just wondered if one was in limbo waiting for a replacement certificate in the mail.

You do not need a new certificate. I've had a lot of address changes, but new certificates only when adding ratings, or when the transition went from paper to plastic.

It's a good idea to record your submission of the address change with a screen shot or print, just so you have the record of having done so, but isn't required. You can certainly get a new certificate sent for a couple of bucks, but you don't have to.

UAL T38 Phlyer
03-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks...I figured that was the right answer.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1