Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : dui mid east carriers

soakingpilot
03-19-2017, 07:13 AM
Got a DUI 15 years ago. Clean record since, currently working for a regional for 2 years.

I want to apply to the mid east carriers Qatar, THY, Emirates, Fly Dubai, Etihad ... Questions are..

1. no chance or chance ( looking for actual knowledge not speculation please )
2. report on application or no?

Thanks.

captjns
03-19-2017, 07:49 AM
Got a DUI 15 years ago. Clean record since, currently working for a regional for 2 years.

I want to apply to the mid east carriers Qatar, THY, Emirates, Fly Dubai, Etihad ... Questions are..

1. no chance or chance ( looking for actual knowledge not speculation please )
2. report on application or no?

Thanks.

Look at PPrune (Middle East) for an answer to your question.

soakingpilot
03-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Yeah im posting on there to just covering all angles.

NYC Pilot
03-21-2017, 08:49 PM
You can get hired, do not disclose your dui to these companies. Foreign airlines have very different background checks and it would be very hard for them to find out about an old dui.

NEDude
03-22-2017, 02:59 AM
You can get hired, do not disclose your dui to these companies. Foreign airlines have very different background checks and it would be very hard for them to find out about an old dui.

Most will ask for a criminal records report from your home country. The big question is whether they will require an FBI report, or if a local police report will suffice. The FBI report will most likely have your DUI if you were fingerprinted. If you now live in a different jurisdiction than where the DUI occurred, and a local police report will work, then you might be okay. I have seen some carriers want the FBI, and some have said just a local police report will work. Both times I got a local report, it specifically stated that the records check only covered their jurisdiction and that it was done off of an official ID like a drivers license or passport. The FBI check is done off of fingerprints and states that no arrest records were matched to your fingerprints.

soakingpilot
03-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Yeah but you have to apply first and then that so... eh seems like i may be kinda sunk. sux cause if i cant get out of the usa gotta quit flying alltogether.

Lucky8888
03-29-2017, 06:03 PM
The other "little" challenge will be answering the infamous question on the application: "Have you ever been arrested?" Good luck.