Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Expected Pay Raise?

mcartier713
03-30-2017, 08:18 PM
So here is the quick and the dirty... I've been with my company for the past 4 years, in which I've been the senior-most Westwind captain; and for the last 12 months I've been the senior-most Lear 45 captain. So I'm a dual rated/current captain.

2 years ago, we bought a G-IV and I've been humbly waiting my turn. I'm finally going to school here in a few weeks.

So my question is, should I expect a raise with getting my IV type? If so, with no prior PIC experience (but quite a bit of SIC) in the IV, what is a reasonable number to expect and/or negotiate for? Something commensurate with ProPilot survey captain salaries? Co-pilot? Low? Average? High?

Thanks in advance.

BPWI
03-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Need more info.....
91, 135? What area of the US are you in? Do you have any other G4 departments within about 120mi to compare? Most of us can formulate a block of low/middle/high with these variables.

mcartier713
03-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Need more info.....
91, 135? What area of the US are you in? Do you have any other G4 departments within about 120mi to compare? Most of us can formulate a block of low/middle/high with these variables.

91, Midwest... I have an idea what the other two IV drivers are making, I'm just not sure if I should expect the same, or close to the same. Does a PIC type translate to captain pay? I guess that's my real question.

beech1980
04-01-2017, 04:52 AM
91, Midwest... I have an idea what the other two IV drivers are making, I'm just not sure if I should expect the same, or close to the same. Does a PIC type translate to captain pay? I guess that's my real question.

In the 121 world. Yes. In 91. Depends on the department and what them deem is fit. If you are signing the logbook on the flight you are PIC

BoilerUP
04-01-2017, 06:14 AM
In the 121 world. Yes.

Wut? I fly 121, have a PIC type, and I'm not making Captain pay or wearing four stripes.

My opinion is the OP should be compensated as a NBAA Jet IV Captain. Even being new to the airplane, he isn't new to the operation and compensation should be commensurate with the largest airframe flown.

beech1980
04-01-2017, 11:36 AM
I guess it may have been a little confusing. Log book signer gets the pay 💰

Vital Signs
04-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Depends how badly they want to keep you, and how badly you want to stay.

Count Dracula
04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
If you are employed by one of those Unicorn [emoji882] Departments, your [emoji383]is in the works....[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk