Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Stabilized
04-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Hi, I have a ticket for the OBAP career fair in August 4 months from now. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Spring career fair today in Las Vegas that HAL was attending.

Does anyone know if Hawaiian Airlines will have recruiters at any other events between now and OBAP in August and if so when/where?

Also, several airlines are starting to host their own free career expos, hosting potential candidates at their company training centers (SWA, DAL, FedEx). Has anyone heard of Hawaiian Airlines doing this in the past or planning to do so in 2017-18? Are there any other places/events to connect with Hawaiian pilot recruiters?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Stabilized
04-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Also, would anyone who spoke to the Hawaiian Airlines recruiters at the OBAP April 2017 career fair today mind sharing any of the information you learned about upcoming HAL's hiring plans, next application windows, etc...now that the interview spots may be filled up through August 2017 from candidates selected from the February requisition. Thanks.

Stabilized
05-15-2017, 01:20 PM
...So far, it sounds like OBAP in August is the next fair HAL is attending to the best of my knowledge...

Hawaii808
05-16-2017, 01:52 PM
That's a long way to travel for a career fair. Has HAL done other career fairs? Where can we find out if they will be at other career fairs? Website?

Riverside
05-17-2017, 04:24 AM
That's a long way to travel for a career fair. Has HAL done other career fairs? Where can we find out if they will be at other career fairs? Website?
Yes, they have. Job fairs have been nice enough to advertise who's attending.

Stabilized
05-18-2017, 01:30 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it looks like Hawaiian attended/attending 4 in 2017: NGPA in Palm Springs January, Women in Aviation in Orlando in March, OBAP Spring in Las Vegas in April and OBAP Summer in Orlando in August.

Pomaika'i

Hawaii808
05-20-2017, 04:19 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it looks like Hawaiian attended/attending 4 in 2017: NGPA in Palm Springs January, Women in Aviation in Orlando in March, OBAP Spring in Las Vegas in April and OBAP Summer in Orlando in August.

Pomaika'i

Thanks for the info. Looks like I may have to make the trek to Orlando. 😖 Fun times!!

Stabilized
05-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I may have to make the trek to Orlando. 😖 Fun times!!
No Problem, Hawaii808! Will you be coming over from Hawaii? I'm in the western part of the Mainland currently...i"ll see you there. This will be my first career fair (it seems like they're almost a necessity nowadays) ...I hear it sells out well before the event and tickets have been on sale since March.

P56C
05-20-2017, 06:05 PM
No Problem, Hawaii808! Will you be coming over from Hawaii? I'm in the western part of the Mainland currently...i"ll see you there. This will be my first career fair (it seems like they're almost a necessity nowadays) ...I hear it sells out well before the event and tickets have been on sale since March.
It will be my first one too, other than assuming a very crowded conference center (?), I have no idea what to expect. Coming from the West also.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Stabilized
05-21-2017, 01:14 PM
It will be my first one too, other than assuming a very crowded conference center (?), I have no idea what to expect. Coming from the West also.

👍👍. I hear interview suit, bring resumes for the companies you meet with. I'm not sure if OBAP pre-registers time slots to meet with Hawaiian reps or if you just wait in line at their booth over the 2 days.?.

P56C
05-21-2017, 10:31 PM
👍👍. I hear interview suit, bring resumes for the companies you meet with. I'm not sure if OBAP pre-registers time slots to meet with Hawaiian reps or if you just wait in line at their booth over the 2 days.?.
I don't think that they will be scheduling appointments this year. From their faq's: "Registered attendees will be given a priority access number based on the date and time that you register for the event. More detailed information about the process will be sent to registered attendees closer to the event via email, the OBAP website and social channels."

Stabilized
05-22-2017, 08:50 AM
I don't think that they will be scheduling appointments this year. From their faq's: "Registered attendees will be given a priority access number based on the date and time that you register for the event. More detailed information about the process will be sent to registered attendees closer to the event via email, the OBAP website and social channels."

Good to know! Thanks for the info P56C!

Hawaii808
05-22-2017, 06:13 PM

I've never been to a career fair either. I don't even own a suit. 😂

Stabilized
05-22-2017, 07:59 PM
I've never been to a career fair either. I don't even own a suit. 😂
You better head to the Men's Wearhouse for $123.45 suit special! 😜

Hawaii808
08-09-2017, 06:33 AM
So who's at OBAP?

305FLYBRO
08-16-2017, 03:52 PM
So who's at OBAP?

I was there. I wonder if I spoke with you at the HAL booth?

Hawaii808
08-16-2017, 05:19 PM
I was there. I wonder if I spoke with you at the HAL booth?

Probably. If we went to college together then we did!
Edit: saw you're military still. Wasn't me you talked to. 😎

CaptainDooley
08-19-2017, 08:23 PM
what did they says about future hiring?

Hawaii808
08-21-2017, 05:19 PM
what did they says about future hiring?

Expect a January application window.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1