Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Allegiant application

disco inferno
04-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Fire away with the questions.

hyde
04-29-2017, 12:26 PM
What does it mean if HR sent me a thank you but no thank you email?

JustWatching
04-30-2017, 05:49 AM
What does it mean if HR sent me a thank you but no thank you email?

It means you must really suck!!!

No... it actually may mean nothing. Plenty of people have gotten a TBNT email only to get an interview invite days later. Go figure....

GearOperator
05-10-2017, 07:31 PM
I have received an email to complete the online interview. Before I do so, how junior is SFB, FLL, PGD, and CVG? are candidates able to hold those bases out of training? and how long is reserve expected to be?

Any talks or chances of a DTW base? highly unlikely but just curious.

I currently have a very tough decision to make of choosing Allegiant and move to base or stay at a regional and be at home in DTW.

jegermeister
05-11-2017, 05:14 AM
I have received an email to complete the online interview. Before I do so, how junior is SFB, FLL, PGD, and CVG? are candidates able to hold those bases out of training? and how long is reserve expected to be?

SFB you can hold out of training. Movement within the base will be slow. The best opportunity for movement is at the newer bases.

PGD is probably your next best option. With CVG and FLL to follow.

Reserve is a moving target. Upgrades are currently at about 1.5 years if you're willing to move around. That will go up for someone hired now. Growth is slowing for the Airbus transition, attrition has slowed since the signing of the contract, and there are senior F/O's waiting to hold Airbus captain in their base. I would guess reserve will run about a year for a new hire now. Although it varies by base. Some senior F/O's bid it during the slow months to avoid working. Reserve here is unlike reserve at your regional. You are home every night, have 12 days off a month, and can go above 72 hours by picking up a trip on your off days.

Any talks or chances of a DTW base? highly unlikely but just curious

I don't believe DTW is even on the radar for a base. Even if it were, it'd be a while before it would go from announcement to opening. In the mean time you'd be commuting. This is a great job if you live in base. I wouldn't plan on commuting as a long term plan.

I currently have a very tough decision to make of choosing Allegiant and move to base or stay at a regional and be at home in DTW.

I would recommend passing on Allegiant if you want to stay in DTW. Delta would be a much better choice. If Allegiant is your goal and moving to a base is an option, then it would be good fit.

Be honest with yourself about what you want. Those that are here that want to leave are those that want bigger jets, more money, etc.

tom11011
05-11-2017, 07:10 AM
SFB you can hold out of training. Movement within the base will be slow. The best opportunity for movement is at the newer bases.

PGD is probably your next best option. With CVG and FLL to follow.

Reserve is a moving target. Upgrades are currently at about 1.5 years if you're willing to move around. That will go up for someone hired now. Growth is slowing for the Airbus transition, attrition has slowed since the signing of the contract, and there are senior F/O's waiting to hold Airbus captain in their base. I would guess reserve will run about a year for a new hire now. Although it varies by base. Some senior F/O's bid it during the slow months to avoid working. Reserve here is unlike reserve at your regional. You are home every night, have 12 days off a month, and can go above 72 hours by picking up a trip on your off days.

I don't believe DTW is even on the radar for a base. Even if it were, it'd be a while before it would go from announcement to opening. In the mean time you'd be commuting. This is a great job if you live in base. I wouldn't plan on commuting as a long term plan.

I would recommend passing on Allegiant if you want to stay in DTW. Delta would be a much better choice. If Allegiant is your goal and moving to a base is an option, then it would be good fit.

Be honest with yourself about what you want. Those that are here that want to leave are those that want bigger jets, more money, etc.

I'll have to agree with all that as well.

During our town hall meetings, the company brings up all the time which cities are possible bases all the time. DTW has never been one of them that I recall.

My advice to anyone thinking about coming to Allegiant is to think about what you really want. You are not going to get rich here. But if it is quality of life you seek and would like to live in one of the bases and be home each night, this might be the place for you. To take advantage of Allegiant's greatest benefit, don't commute. Otherwise there is no reason to come here unless you see it as a stepping stone.

PotatoChip
05-11-2017, 07:30 AM
What's the likelihood of AVL staying a base for the future?
I'd highly consider that but worry about it closing.

BlueSkiesAhead
05-11-2017, 09:13 AM
SFB you can hold out of training. Movement within the base will be slow.

Should probably add that this only applies to the MD-80. If you get the Airbus it will be quite a bit longer to get into SFB. Current trend seems to be around a year. I believe the most junior award I saw last was an October 2016 new hire, and the staffing date was for September 2017.

FLYMIA
05-16-2017, 05:46 AM
I submitted my application about three weeks ago. Does anyone know if it should say received or submitted when you log into your profile? It shows my application and the date but doesn't say if it was successfully completed. I don't think I missed anything when I went through it. I guess I'm just bummed that I haven't heard anything. I was expecting at least a try again email but just crickets.

FLYMIA
05-19-2017, 05:18 PM
I got the TBNT email today. Does anyone know if there's a certain waiting period before I should re apply? The email didn't specify. Guess I'll just keep trying! I plan on going to OBAP in August so that might help. 4K TTL 1k Tpic.

Beretta01
05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
I got the TBNT email today. Does anyone know if there's a certain waiting period before I should re apply? The email didn't specify. Guess I'll just keep trying! I plan on going to OBAP in August so that might help. 4K TTL 1k Tpic.

I know many people who got the TBNT and are working here now. The job fair should help tremendously, keep at it!

Tsanford134
05-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Anyone know when the window will open back up?

Desert Sky
05-25-2017, 03:08 PM
The window is open indefinitely.

https://rn22.ultipro.com/ALL1015/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*D43003AAC126050A

westwind1
06-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Hello there,
what are some competitive requirements to get a call from Allegiant?
I currently have:

2700TT
1200 Turbine SIC
2 TR
121/135/91 experience
No CFI. No degree

Thanks

Alex

ecam
06-03-2017, 09:01 AM
I was told directly from a friend in recruiting that currently, competitive applicants here have 4000-7000 hours total and 1500+ jet PIC, 4 year degree, and 135/121 experience.

westwind1
06-03-2017, 10:17 AM
I was told directly from a friend in recruiting that currently, competitive applicants here have 4000-7000 hours total and 1500+ jet PIC, 4 year degree, and 135/121 experience.

Wow
Definitely not was I was expecting to hear.
Thank you for sharing this info.

Alex

Wayfarer 515
06-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Those quals would also land you a job at any legacy, FedEx, or UPS.

disco inferno
06-04-2017, 02:56 PM
The other airlines mentioned require lots of time in hotels. Allegiant has much better QOL in my experience.
By all means, go with whatever floats your boat.

sqwkvfr
06-04-2017, 04:28 PM

.......and?

KC135
06-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Some of us here had multiple offers from your list.

ecam
06-05-2017, 07:57 AM

Not bad for your first post!

Yes, they would. That's the point. A lot has changed at allegiant in the last year, and this isn't some **** carrier where people go when they can't get hired anywhere else. It's actually the best job I've ever had, and with the new contract, it's hard to beat. Most of the pilots here are very happy. Recruiting knows this. I also heard we have thousands of applications on file.

Beretta01
06-05-2017, 11:05 AM
this isn't some **** carrier where people go when they can't get hired anywhere else. It's actually the best job I've ever had, and with the new contract, it's hard to beat. Most of the pilots here are very happy. Recruiting knows this. I also heard we have thousands of applications on file.

Agreed. When you consider our pay with how few hours we are away from base, I believe we have nearly every other carrier beat.

It always makes me laugh a little when people come on this forum and think G4 should be honored to hire them....

dutch rudder
06-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Agreed. When you consider our pay with how few hours we are away from base, I believe we have nearly every other carrier beat.

It always makes me laugh a little when people come on this forum and think G4 should be honored to hire them....

When people ask about G4, I reply, "on work days I get 3 meals a day with the wife and kids!" Nuff said.

wilco811
06-07-2017, 08:35 AM

Best job I've ever had! This place is awesome. All my other apps have been expunged a long time ago. Amazing QOL here!!

jetprop420
06-09-2017, 12:20 PM
So you're telling me there's "a chance"? A friend of mine received an obvious TBNT only a few days after applying. I received this about 2 weeks after applying.

We've reviewed your background and qualifications for a role of First Officer and while we believe you are well on your way to fitting the bill, we'd like to hold your application for future new hire classes. Over the next few months, you may receive communication form our recruiting team regarding hiring events, meet and greets and/or next steps of your application. Please don't forget to periodically update your resume or application on file so we can continue to explore opportunities for you to join our team. We hope that being transparent in communicating this time-frame, you'll maintain interest in joining our team.

ecam
06-09-2017, 12:23 PM
So you're telling me there's "a chance"? A friend of mine received an obvious TBNT only a few days after applying. I received this about 2 weeks after applying.

We've reviewed your background and qualifications for a role of First Officer and while we believe you are well on your way to fitting the bill, we'd like to hold your application for future new hire classes. Over the next few months, you may receive communication form our recruiting team regarding hiring events, meet and greets and/or next steps of your application. Please don't forget to periodically update your resume or application on file so we can continue to explore opportunities for you to join our team. We hope that being transparent in communicating this time-frame, you'll maintain interest in joining our team.

Definitely try to meet the recruiting team at the next job fair or meet & greet.

pilotwife32
06-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Best job I've ever had! This place is awesome. All my other apps have been expunged a long time ago. Amazing QOL here!!

If my husband wasn't so damn happy with our QOL here, I would have read this quote as sarcasm. :D

Captainbfv
06-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Hello there,

what are some competitive requirements to get a call from Allegiant?

I currently have:

2700TT

1200 Turbine SIC

2 TR

121/135/91 experience

No CFI. No degree

Thanks

Alex

You don't meet the mins, you're not competitive. Nonetheless If you really wanna work here meet the mins at least and then apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hyde
06-13-2017, 08:07 PM
It's free to apply. Good luck

FlewNavy
06-19-2017, 12:52 PM

I got that email and I didn't even finish the application beyond the resume and basic info. I didn't have time to start entering the 10 year job history. The next morning....the "we'll hold your info" email...

Pilot145
06-20-2017, 02:18 PM
I recently had a video interview and phone interview and then got this email.................

Thank you again for your interest in our First Officer openings. We appreciate the time you have taken to present your interest and qualifications.
After careful review of your resume and work history, we are sorry to say that you haven't been selected to move forward in the interview process at this time. We base our decisions on many factors, and while you haven't been chosen today, we do welcome you to continue to update your resume on file for future consideration.

I then went to a meet and greet. Anyone go through the same steps and finally get an interview?

ecam
06-21-2017, 07:58 AM
We have people working here that have gotten that email. We have people who got that email while in initial ground school, lol. Keep trying if you really want to work here. With yesterday's announcements, we are going to need a lot of pilots.

The Unsub
06-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Just got the TBNT email today after attending a meet and greet last week. Over 9k total time, clean record, college degree, and live about 30 mins from SFB. Don't know exactly what you they are looking for but best of luck to all at have applied.

ecam
06-21-2017, 09:50 AM
Just got the TBNT email today after attending a meet and greet last week. Over 9k total time, clean record, college degree, and live about 30 mins from SFB. Don't know exactly what you they are looking for but best of luck to all at have applied.

What did you talk about at the meet and greet?

The Unsub
06-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Talked about their anticipated growth in SFB, my aviation background, and how I thought I would be a good fit. They seemed to be looking for people who didn't have to commute and wanted to make Allegiant the last stop of their aviation career.

ecam
06-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Talked about their anticipated growth in SFB, my aviation background, and how I thought I would be a good fit. They seemed to be looking for people who didn't have to commute and wanted to make Allegiant the last stop of their aviation career.

Why would you commute if you live in SFB?
Surely you didn't express your desire to work for a legacy at a meet and greet?

Not an attack, just trying to understand this hiring process where even inside recommendations don't get people a chance anymore.

But it's been well publicized that Allegiant is looking for pilots who want to make this place a career, and who understand and agree with our unique business model.

The Unsub
06-21-2017, 10:12 AM
No I expressed my desire to never commute from MCO again. I told them Allegiant was my first choice since I would eventually hold SFB. I told them I would be a lifer and the thought of being home every night outweighed my desire to go to a legacy carrier. I told them the quality of life Allegiant offers to being home based was what I was looking for the most.

ecam
06-21-2017, 10:17 AM
How odd. I'd suggest keep trying. Rumor is that those TBNT emails are auto generated, and not even the recruiters can say why some get them, then get an interview offer the next week. Which happens regularly.

GearOperator
06-21-2017, 12:07 PM
How odd. I'd suggest keep trying. Rumor is that those TBNT emails are auto generated, and not even the recruiters can say why some get them, then get an interview offer the next week. Which happens regularly.

I got through the second phase of the application with the Skype interviews, and got the TBNT email. I hope the rumor is true...I am now super ready for Allegiant and ready to move to base.

MEMpilot
06-23-2017, 09:43 PM
I just completed the video questionnaire, and my friend who is a recent hire asked "Did you complete the FMC CBT yet?"

I don't think I received an email for this. Does this come later?

Boeing7
06-24-2017, 03:17 AM
I just completed the video questionnaire, and my friend who is a recent hire asked "Did you complete the FMC CBT yet?"

Out of curiosity did you attend a meet and greet? Has anyone else who attended the recent meet heard anything back yet?

ecam
06-24-2017, 08:55 AM

Yes, they will send it to you, probably if you get an interview invite in LAS. Don't sweat that, it's easy. Just watch the videos, take some basic notes, and answer the questions. They want to see you can handle online training, because that's basically our entire training program.

MEMpilot
06-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Out of curiosity did you attend a meet and greet? Has anyone else who attended the recent meet heard anything back yet?

I didn't attend, just applied online.

MEMpilot
06-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Yes, they will send it to you, probably if you get an interview invite in LAS. Don't sweat that, it's easy. Just watch the videos, take some basic notes, and answer the questions. They want to see you can handle online training, because that's basically our entire training program.

Okay great, thanks! Just concerned if I missed an important email, possibly in the junk folder.

Much appreciated

CAirBear
06-24-2017, 04:14 PM

Yes. You should get it in a day or two.

AZPilotMike
07-01-2017, 05:52 AM
So reading the minimums required, are they truly sticking to the 3000 TT rule or are people with less getting hired?

Beretta01
07-01-2017, 06:54 AM
So reading the minimums required, are they truly sticking to the 3000 TT rule or are people with less getting hired?

People with less than 3000TT who are well qualified and attended job fairs/meet and greets have been hired recently.

Filipinoflyer
07-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Allegiant ever had guys come in even without 121 time? Moslty 135 and 91.

Thank you

Beretta01
07-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Allegiant ever had guys come in even without 121 time? Moslty 135 and 91.

Thank you

Absolutely....I think 121 is a little more competitive, but there are plenty of 135 guys/gals here as well.

NewGuy01
07-07-2017, 02:57 PM
I attended the M&G at ORD May 5. I did the video interview but then got the TBNT letter after that.

I've got 5K TT. Primarily 91/135 but I jumped to a regional for 121. I will apply again early next year.

What is the deal with OAK? I hear it is a 1 aircraft base? What is the likely hood of OAK being around long term? Will I be able to hold OAK right away if hired into the airbus? Will I get the airbus if I request it? Or are aircraft assigned without input?

See any issues with my plan to reapply?

Thanks!

FreshWater
07-07-2017, 03:35 PM
I attended the M&G at ORD May 5. I did the video interview but then got the TBNT letter after that.

I've got 5K TT. Primarily 91/135 but I jumped to a regional for 121. I will apply again early next year.

What is the deal with OAK? I hear it is a 1 aircraft base? What is the likely hood of OAK being around long term? Will I be able to hold OAK right away if hired into the airbus? Will I get the airbus if I request it? Or are aircraft assigned without input?

Thanks!

If any g4 base has less than 4 planes; rent. Your other questions are subject to complete randomness.

ecam
07-07-2017, 04:59 PM

Thanks!

I would suggest you do a little more research on the company before your next interview.

IfItAintBoeing
07-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Are any ex military guys getting hired with hours below minimums? If so, any idea how low?

labbats
07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Are any ex military guys getting hired with hours below minimums? If so, any idea how low?

Odd screen name to apply for a soon-to-be all Airbus fleet.

skydisaster
07-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Thanks!

I highly suggest sitting down with your favorite beverage and reading the entire Allegiant Air thread. It has some dated information in it, but it will give you an excellent idea of the background of Allegiant plus answers to a lot of the questions that you ask.

With that being said, the airplane assignments offered in each class is purely at the discretion of the companies needs at the moment. It may be all AB, all MD80 or a mixture of the two. You bid for the airplane and available base assignments by seniority within your class. Your seniority in your class is determined by the last four digits of your social security number with the lowest number being the highest seniority.

OAK is a very junior base, however there is no guarantee that it will be offered in every class. If you don't get it in the first bid, you get an opportunity every month to bid from that months list of available bases. However, are bids are about 6 months in advance (in July, we are bidding for December base vacancies) so if you don't get the base you want initially, you will spend at least 2-3 months after training in your initial base award before moving on.

If you are awarded the MD80 at this point, you will be pretty much LAS or SFB until those bases transition over the next two years.

Hou757
07-08-2017, 08:30 PM
What are some rumored new bases?

Desert Sky
07-08-2017, 11:58 PM
What are some rumored new bases?
I wouldn't doubt AUS will be one in the next year.

ecam
07-10-2017, 06:45 AM
I highly suggest sitting down with your favorite beverage and reading the entire Allegiant Air thread. It has some dated information in it, but it will give you an excellent idea of the background of Allegiant plus answers to a lot of the questions that you ask.

VERY good advice.

I just don't understand the level of laziness here. When I went to interview, I DID sit down with several cold beverages and read this whole thing. all of my questions were answered. Put forth the effort, people. That's something this company really looks for in hiring. Don't go do the video with the usual boring canned answers. A TBNT will quickly follow. Be prepared to intelligently describe how you think you will fit into this company with its unique business model, and why it interests you (why you want to work here, as opposed to other airlines). If you can't do that, or are too lazy to try, spirit is hiring…

And for the love of all that is holy, don't let on that you're just using this as a stepping stone to the big 3! Several candidates have done so lately. ("Great opportunity to improve my skills and make myself more marketable"). DUH

livetofly2123
07-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, I follow this thread pretty often and just wanted to ask a quick question. I know it states 3000 total time is a requirement and just wondering if anyone with less time has gotten hired recently. I have around 2530 and just made captain at my regional airline. I will have an internal in the next month or so. Is there still a chance to get hired with these times and if so how much would the job fair at OBAP help?

livetofly2123
07-14-2017, 01:06 PM
Hey guys first of all for those that replied previously thank you. I was just wondering if there is a reference site of some sort that list all upcoming Job fairs for Allegiant. I am aware of OBAP and I plan on going to that one, but I realized a little to late they had one today with aero crew solutions. I am new to the job fair thing but would really like to make Allegiant my home long term.

sjflyer
07-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Hey guys first of all for those that replied previously thank you. I was just wondering if there is a reference site of some sort that list all upcoming Job fairs for Allegiant. I am aware of OBAP and I plan on going to that one, but I realized a little to late they had one today with aero crew solutions. I am new to the job fair thing but would really like to make Allegiant my home long term.

Upcoming Recruiting Events

OBAP Convention and Career Expo
August 9th-11th
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Aero Crew Solutions Pilot Job Fair
Friday September 15
LAS
Tuscany Suites and Casino
11AM-4PM

Ging
07-22-2017, 04:35 AM
I wouldn't doubt AUS will be one in the next year.

Any guesses on when that would be and how senior it'll be? I'm living in PIE now, how long until I could hold a line in PIE? Where is the junior CA base now?

Beretta01
07-22-2017, 05:09 AM
Any guesses on when that would be and how senior it'll be? I'm living in PIE now, how long until I could hold a line in PIE? Where is the junior CA base now?

Well over a year to hold a pure flying line in PIE. Just to get awarded PIE could be upwards of 6-9 months. Most junior AB CA just was awarded to a 12/2015 hire in OAK. SFB MD80 CA is down to a 4/2016 hire.

Ging
07-22-2017, 05:28 AM
Well over a year to hold a pure flying line in PIE. Just to get awarded PIE could be upwards of 6-9 months. Most junior AB CA just was awarded to a 12/2015 hire in OAK. SFB MD80 CA is down to a 4/2016 hire.

Do you think the AB upgrades will stay under 2 years for a while? I thought the new contract was preventing attrition.

Beretta01
07-22-2017, 05:42 AM
Do you think the AB upgrades will stay under 2 years for a while? I thought the new contract was preventing attrition.

I think system upgrades will continue to be below 2yrs(base by base, upgrade times vary tremendously due to nearly everyone living in base and not moving around a lot). We weren't really supposed to grow very much during the fleet transition, yet we are still adding routes/overnights that requires substantial growth....we were recently provided with a projected headcount forecast (base by base) that shows growth throughout 2018 in most of the major bases.

Ging
07-22-2017, 05:41 PM

Are guys asking to get on the mad dog for the quicker upgrade or they just don't want to fly the AB? One of my concerns about going to Allegiant is getting assigned the 80.

greeka
07-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Actually the last upgrade in OAK was 1/2016 on the bus, just awarded.

livetofly2123
07-23-2017, 11:52 AM

August 9th-11th

Friday September 15
LAS
11AM-4PM

Thanks for the info. I will be going to OBAP and hopefully that will get me through. If not I will try again in September. I'm still on the low side of hours and I believe that is my current problem. I have only 2550, but am currently gaining pic time as a captain. Would love to get job here and hopefully make it a lifelong career.

Captainbfv
07-24-2017, 04:56 AM
Are guys asking to get on the mad dog for the quicker upgrade or they just don't want to fly the AB? One of my concerns about going to Allegiant is getting assigned the 80.

Then don't come here or even bother applying

Ging
07-27-2017, 07:04 AM
It's a one year seat lock right? So if I get assigned the 80 in training but live in a AB only base I need to wait a year to swap?

skydisaster
07-27-2017, 07:06 AM
It's a one year seat lock right? So if I get assigned the 80 in training but live in a AB only base I need to wait a year to swap?

It's 2 years, but yes.

Beretta01
07-27-2017, 07:42 AM

Just to be clear: it's an equipment lock, unless you upgrade.....you just can't switch equipment as an FO for two years.

JustWatching
07-27-2017, 08:23 AM
It's 2 years, but yes.

Unless you get a base that transitions, so.... if you're going to get the 80 and want an Airbus, bid SFB.

Beretta01
07-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Unless you get a base that transitions, so.... if you're going to get the 80 and want an Airbus, bid SFB.

Yes, but I think we can all agree that any 80 new hires today are only going to be LAS/SFB....and everything will be Bus before their 2 year mark(or their upgrade) anyways.

Ging
07-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Yes, but I think we can all agree that any 80 new hires today are only going to be LAS/SFB....and everything will be Bus before their 2 year mark(or their upgrade) anyways.

Which bases are most guys getting straight out of training? I live in pie now and I realize it 6-8 months to get that.

Captainbfv
07-30-2017, 03:54 PM

2 years unless you get involuntarily displaced. Which at this point if you end up on the 80. Which you most likely will... you'll ride the 80 until the end (at least 18 months)

Octagon
08-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Does recency of when you talked with a recruiter come into play? Obviously a year plus would be to long but I talked with them back in April and am only now in a position to accept something if they were to offer.

crxpilot
08-06-2017, 03:24 PM
I didnt know Allegiant had a flow thru agreement with Ameriflight. Who else do they have flow thru agreements with?

https://w3.ameriflight.com/pilot-opportunities/

https://w3.ameriflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/FAPA.aero-Pilot-Page-Image-2.jpg

greeka
08-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Ging with all the 80 guy in training from PIE and retuning in the fall it may be a bit longer? There are a lot of senior FO going no were!

JustWatching
08-08-2017, 06:58 AM
I didnt know Allegiant had a flow thru agreement with Ameriflight. Who else do they have flow thru agreements with?

https://w3.ameriflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/FAPA.aero-Pilot-Page-Image-2.jpg

Only these guys and Grand Canyon. Very difficult to actually flow and only a handful of guys have.

ecam
08-08-2017, 08:18 AM

I'd gladly welcome some seasoned Brakillya pilots who actually know how to fly and handle emergencies over a bunch of Riddle RJ kids who have warmed a seat for the last 8 years. Especially with upgrade going so junior here.

ecam
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I should qualify that statement. I meant basic stick and rudder skills and instrument skills. RJ pilots are great systems managers, but tend to lack in these areas.

Bombinha
08-08-2017, 12:32 PM

August 9th-11th

Friday September 15
LAS
11AM-4PM

Any other one after these dates? OBAP is already sold out
What about bringing the resume personally in LAS out of these dates???

Octagon
08-08-2017, 02:03 PM

I was wondering that myself, could you get an appointment to come in?

livetofly2123
08-08-2017, 06:44 PM
I submitted an application on 7/16 and it was kicked back with a no thank you. I believe it was due to total time since I only have 2550. I will be attending OBAP in a couple days.

My question is do you resubmit your application?

Do you make updates to the application?

I know you can edit your profile and in return make changes but I'm not sure if thats the way it works.

ecam
08-09-2017, 07:25 AM

I was wondering that myself, could you get an appointment to come in?

No, you can't walk a resume in. Go to the LAS meet and greet on 9/15.

Octagon
08-10-2017, 02:40 PM
I have a friend at Allegiant who just wrote me a letter of recommendation, Is there a place on the application to attach it? I just went though to update it and I'm not seeing one.

wilco811
08-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I have a friend at Allegiant who just wrote me a letter of recommendation, Is there a place on the application to attach it? I just went though to update it and I'm not seeing one.

There is a link on our company website that your friend can send your internal recommendation directly to our recruiters. Just in case he isn't aware of that. It's been so long since I applied but when I applied there was only a question asking if I knew someone at allegiant. If you're not seeing something on the app there probably isn't one. Just make sure to have your friend submit via the company website and bring a printed copy with you to the interview.

Octagon
08-10-2017, 04:07 PM
There is a link on our company website that your friend can send your internal recommendation directly to our recruiters. Just in case he isn't aware of that. It's been so long since I applied but when I applied there was only a question asking if I knew someone at allegiant. If you're not seeing something on the app there probably isn't one. Just make sure to have your friend submit via the company website and bring a printed copy with you to the interview.

Thanks Ill let him know. I did see that where you submit your resume had a note about adding other documents, so I added it into that. But Ill ask him to do that as well. Thanks for the info.

Bombinha
08-10-2017, 10:52 PM

Tried to answer you back on pvt but i couldn't . I never said i wasn't going because of my birthday.
I am having a different problem. I mentioned my birthday because it would be a nice gift.

arkmm
08-11-2017, 03:42 AM
I should qualify that statement. I meant basic stick and rudder skills and instrument skills. RJ pilots are great systems managers, but tend to lack in these areas.

I've got about 3000 hours in an RJ and now I'm captain at the only 121 seaplane operation and we don't have an autopilot. So I have lots of experience in both worlds. I've been trying for over a year to get an interview here. I'll keep trying because I don't want to go back to 4 day trips. Being home every night is so nice.

Bombinha
08-11-2017, 12:37 PM
I've got about 3000 hours in an RJ and now I'm captain at the only 121 seaplane operation and we don't have an autopilot. So I have lots of experience in both worlds. I've been trying for over a year to get an interview here. I'll keep trying because I don't want to go back to 4 day trips. Being home every night is so nice.

I've been trying to put my foot there for almost 3 years too and I do have over 13k total time but i guess they Think I am not serious about going to fly for them.
It would be the best job ever for me.

PotatoChip
08-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Spoke with Allegiant at OBAP.
I asked if they would know why I would have received the TBNT email only six days after submitting my application. I handed him my resume, and he said, "Oh, I don't know, I've only been here three months."
He looked about 24.

Way to be Allegiant....

grnclvrs
08-12-2017, 07:55 AM
I asked if they would know why I would have received the TBNT email only six days after submitting my application. I handed him my resume, and he said, "Oh, I don't know, I've only been here three months."
He looked about 24.

Way to be Allegiant....

Sounds like the weeder did a good job.

JustWatching
08-12-2017, 08:08 AM
He looked about 24.

Way to be Allegiant....

Sounds like you should have gotten the TBNT email the same day.

KC135
08-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Sounds like the weeder did a good job.

Sounds like you should have gotten the TBNT email the same day.

Haha, agreed.

PotatoChip
08-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Cool. Keep on keeping on.
I would be happy to be there.
Last job fair I went to with Allegiant was Sun n Fun, where they had a dispatcher and a mechanic working the pilot hiring booth...

dutch rudder
08-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Last job fair I went to with Allegiant was Sun n Fun, where they had a dispatcher and a mechanic working the pilot hiring booth...

Itís not a ďpilot hiringĒ booth. Dispatchers and mechanics arenít sent to hire pilots. They are sent to answer your questions, collect your resume, and quickly evaluate your appearance/attitude. Your resume is labeled higher priority because you showed initiative. Interns, HR, and other non-pilot employees do this job all the time. And by the sound of it, they are doing it well.

You may have shot yourself in the foot if the 3-month guy is on here. Nice work.

PotatoChip
08-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Itís not a ďpilot hiringĒ booth. Dispatchers and mechanics arenít sent to hire pilots. They are sent to answer your questions, collect your resume, and quickly evaluate your appearance/attitude. Your resume is labeled higher priority because you showed initiative. Interns, HR, and other non-pilot employees do this job all the time. And by the sound of it, they are doing it well.

You may have shot yourself in the foot if the 3-month guy is on here. Nice work.

It's not a pilot hiring booth? Well, I sure have to say that that is strange considering that it's a booth at a pilot hiring career fair. And what questions can dispatchers and mechanics answer about working at Allegiant as a pilot?? I can tell you the answer to that, not much. I went to the booth at sun n fun and asked them several questions related to flying and the company and they continually just said that they had no idea. What's the point?

And for what it's worth, every other airline sends pilots alongside of HR to these events.

dutch rudder
08-12-2017, 01:16 PM
It's not a pilot hiring booth? Well, I sure have to say that that is strange considering that it's a booth at a pilot hiring career fair. And what questions can dispatchers and mechanics answer about working at Allegiant as a pilot?? I can tell you the answer to that, not much. I went to the booth at sun n fun and asked them several questions related to flying and the company and they continually just said that they had no idea. What's the point?

And for what it's worth, every other airline sends pilots alongside of HR to these events.

So, mechanics and dispatchers were hiring pilots there?

JustWatching
08-12-2017, 01:34 PM

I call complete BS to this. I know which pilots and HR attend the career fairs. I see the pictures on Linkedn. There are always pilots and always an HR member of the flight ops recruiting team.

CAirBear
08-12-2017, 01:49 PM

Dude, just stop. Seriously. You are doing yourself zero favors here. Sorry you had what you felt was a bad experience at Sun n Fun at our booth.

I'm pretty sure there were pilots there. Sun n Fun is dead smack in the middle between both PIE and SFB. For all you know you could have come to the booth when they were on break. Did that ever cross your mind?

PotatoChip
08-12-2017, 01:59 PM
So, mechanics and dispatchers were hiring pilots there?

At Sun n Fun they were there to provide pilot hiring info.
It's a pilot Career Fair.

PotatoChip
08-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Dude, just stop. Seriously. You are doing yourself zero favors here. Sorry you had what you felt was a bad experience at Sun n Fun at our booth.

I'm pretty sure there were pilots there. Sun n Fun is dead smack in the middle between both PIE and SFB. For all you know you could have come to the booth when they were on break. Did that ever cross your mind?

Understood.
I'm reporting on exactly what I saw. I'm not trying to troll. I was just as shocked. They were the only two people at the booth for over two hours. I have have absolutely no reason to lie about it. A friend of mine who was with me lives in Sanford. He was excited to talk with them. They could answer about 20% of his questions.

You can be "pretty sure" there were pilots there. I was actually there. There weren't. I just don't get it.

dutch rudder
08-12-2017, 03:03 PM

That's a no.

KC135
08-12-2017, 04:46 PM
So you went to 2 job fairs and publicly bashed a company that you're trying to work for. HR and pilot recruiters read these forums and it won't be hard for them to link you since you posted the exact dialog you had at OBAP. I'm speechless at this point...

livetofly2123
08-14-2017, 12:36 AM
Is there a meet and greet on Sept 15?
Is this the Aero Crew solutions that was mentioned earlier?
Is there a way to see all upcoming company scheduled job fair/meet and greets?
I also went to OBAP and visited with Allegiant. Actually Allegiant is the only company I visited. I would very much so love to work for you guys.
I currently have around 2600 hours, but if god willing I will continue to come to all of the Allegiant job fairs until I get the call.

wilco811
08-14-2017, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=livetofly2123;2410235]Is there a meet and greet on Sept 15?
Is this the Aero Crew solutions that was mentioned earlier?
Is there a way to see all upcoming company scheduled job fair/meet and greets?
I also went to OBAP and visited with Allegiant. Actually Allegiant is the only company I visited. I would very much so love to work for you guys.
I currently have around 2600 hours, but if god willing I will continue to come to all of the Allegiant job fairs until I get the call

Our company posts upcoming recruitment events on the company website. The next one we will be attending is Friday Sept 15th @ Tuscany Suites and Casino 11am to 4pm. Good luck,

LostMedic
08-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Same her I have been applying for over a year. I will just keep trying and not giving up. If you really want it give it all you can, and leave nothing on the table. Good luck to all of us...

ecam
08-15-2017, 07:35 AM
He looked about 24.

Way to be Allegiant....

Understood.
I'm reporting on exactly what I saw. I'm not trying to troll. I was just as shocked. They were the only two people at the booth for over two hours. I have have absolutely no reason to lie about it. A friend of mine who was with me lives in Sanford. He was excited to talk with them. They could answer about 20% of his questions.

You can be "pretty sure" there were pilots there. I was actually there. There weren't. I just don't get it.

The trolling is strong with this one! If you have no respect for Allegiant, then why bother talking to them at OBAP AND Sun&Fun? I'm calling you out on that one. Maybe you're just bitter for getting shot down?

It's a small company. People involved with hiring lurk here. You clearly never wanted to, but you destroyed any chance you had. You released more than enough info to show exactly who you are, and it's kind of dumb to burn bridges in this industry.

Good luck at UPS and SWA. I'm sure their recruiters will be looking out for you too.

PotatoChip
08-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Nothing I said was incorrect. I tried twice to get solid info from them. Both times I was very disappointed. I haven't spoken maliciously or slandered the company in any way. I had very positive experiences at UPS, SW, FedEx, Alaska and even a couple regionals that I spoke with for the sake of conversation and general info. I have no ill will towards Allegiant, just shocked at their job fair attendances. I expected more.

ecam
08-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Way to be Allegiant....

Please. You made fun of Allegiant recruiting in 5 different posts.

Most of our pilots really love their job, despite the BS that comes out of LAS. There's no other airline like it, and it's truly the best kept secret in aviation. Those that aren't happy here quickly move on. So, yeah, we take it personally when someone who doesn't even work here starts throwing rocks because they don't like the way a table was run at an event. Sounds like one of those who won't be happy here and sit in the right seat whining all day. No one wants to hear that.

As others have said, you're probably not a good fit here. Recruiting is actually pretty good at picking pilots that are.

Good luck, I hope you are hired somewhere soon. Things are bad over there where you're at with the recent announcement. I feel for them.

PotatoChip
08-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Please. You made fun of Allegiant recruiting in 5 different posts.

Most of our pilots really love their job, despite the BS that comes out of LAS. There's no other airline like it, and it's truly the best kept secret in aviation. Those that aren't happy here quickly move on. So, yeah, we take it personally when someone who doesn't even work here starts throwing rocks because they don't like the way a table was run at an event. Sounds like one of those who won't be happy here and sit in the right seat whining all day. No one wants to hear that.

As others have said, you're probably not a good fit here. Recruiting is actually pretty good at picking pilots that are.

Good luck, I hope you are hired somewhere soon. Things are bad over there where you're at with the recent announcement. I feel for them.

Made fun of Allegiant recruiting? I pointed out what I saw. Those weren't jokes. It was disappointing, not funny.

Everybody takes everything so personally these days. I get that folks want to defend their airline, but what I do find comical is acting like sending mechanics to a PILOT HIRING job fair makes sense. Or someone who has been on property for three months and can't answer HIRING questions. That's not me "making fun" of recruiting. It's embarrassing.

Would you send line pilots to a Career Fair for ticket agents? Of course not! Walk up to any other booth and you saw pilots in uniform, and perhaps HR reps.

Honestly, I hope y'all enjoy your time there. It seemed like a good gig. Not much else I can say.

ysslah
08-15-2017, 10:44 AM
I'd gladly welcome some seasoned Brakillya pilots who actually know how to fly and handle emergencies over a bunch of Riddle RJ kids who have warmed a seat for the last 8 years. Especially with upgrade going so junior here.

Funny enough, My opinion is exactly the opposite of yours. Some of those 135 cargo guys are very weak on 121 regs and turbojet performance. Things pilots spent 5+ years in the right seat of RJ wouldn't even need to think about. Those are more pertinent to your day to day operation. And even around G4, day to day normal operation is way more common than an catastrophic emergency. That said, there are good pilots and weak pilots from every background.

labbats
08-15-2017, 02:51 PM
Agreed.

Ameriflight pilots already at Allegiant run from very good to very bad. Where you were before this has little to do with what it takes to be a good pilot.

LostMedic
08-18-2017, 01:58 PM
Personally been trying to get in there for over a year. How much does a True Refferal help any way? If I have to go to Ameriflight for two years to get there so be it. Our regional is kind of falling apart at the seams this second. Lot of good guys but to big of a schedule and not enough pilots to fly it.

That and survival on low pay with three small children does not help...

flyingmau5
08-18-2017, 05:32 PM
I applied at the beginning of this month and my app status has been showing "Being Reviewed" for the last two weeks. Is that good or bad? :confused:

mkfmbos
08-19-2017, 03:57 AM
I submitted my application online and got a fix it email, but then crickets. Does anyone have a similar experience? How do I know if I fixed what was missing?

flyingmau5
08-19-2017, 02:04 PM
I submitted my application online and got a fix it email, but then crickets. Does anyone have a similar experience? How do I know if I fixed what was missing?

When did you submit you app?

mkfmbos
08-19-2017, 08:06 PM
When did you submit you app?

August 4th. It actually said it was incomplete There wasn't even anything to correct. After I re-submitted there was no follow up. I'm going to the fair on the 15th and just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row.

mkfmbos
08-20-2017, 12:21 AM
I applied at the beginning of this month and my app status has been showing "Being Reviewed" for the last two weeks. Is that good or bad? :confused:

Mine is blank, so I'd say good.

Octagon
08-23-2017, 11:46 AM

I applied there in 2014 and just recently reapplied. The one from 2014 says "In Process" so dont know what that really means

Beretta01
08-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I applied there in 2014 and just recently reapplied. The one from 2014 says "In Process" so dont know what that really means

Mine says the same thing.....and I work here, lol.

Opteryx
08-23-2017, 02:02 PM
I assume the list of domiciles on the APC Allegiant page is accurate. My question is about the Allegiant interactive route map - https://www.allegiantair.com/interactive-routemap -

It shows the orange dots - I guess those are major 'hubs' but not necessarily domiciles... so is there some sort of relation? What would be the QOL for someone who lives at VPS?

skydisaster
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
I assume the list of domiciles on the APC Allegiant page is accurate. My question is about the Allegiant interactive route map - https://www.allegiantair.com/interactive-routemap -

It shows the orange dots - I guess those are major 'hubs' but not necessarily domiciles... so is there some sort of relation? What would be the QOL for someone who lives at VPS?

To understand the Allegiant route map, you have to understand the Allegiant business model. The model is to take passengers from small town USA to vacation destinations. The orange dots are the vacation destinations. Airplanes (and crews) are based at the vacation destinations and fly out to the small towns and back. The limitation to that has been that there is only so much ramp space at the vacation destination, so in the larger small towns that feed multiple vacation destinations, Allegiant has opened small bases (usually 1-2 airplanes). These are locations like AVL, CVG, etc.
Many of the vacation destinations (like AUS and San Juan) are not big enough to be a base yet so they are served by other bases.

VPS and MYR are seasonal vacation destinations and are staffed with crews and airplanes that have been TDY'd from other bases. I suspect VPS will become permanent soon, but it is not yet a permanent base.

Opteryx
08-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Thanks - that was helpful.

Octagon
08-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Mine says the same thing.....and I work here, lol.

I must have a lot of seniority saved up then,ha

ecam
08-23-2017, 08:21 PM
I know I say this a lot, but it really can't be stressed enough. If you want to work here, it's imperative that you research and understand our business model, and be prepared to discuss it intelligently in any interviews you may get. This is not a regular airline, and they aren't looking for pilots who applied everywhere and plan to take the first offer, or just want to get a type and move up to the legacy carriers. They are looking for people who fit. And they can afford to be picky, because right now, we have thousands of applications on file, compared to the hundreds at this time last year.

Bombinha
08-25-2017, 01:59 PM

Hey, sorry, I just forgot to thank you for all the tips you gave me. Thank you very much I really appreciated it

westwind1
08-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Hey, sorry, I just forgot to thank you for all the tips you gave me. Thank you very much I really appreciated it

Where can I find info about the meet and great?

grnclvrs
08-26-2017, 04:42 AM

Friday September 15
LAS
11AM-4PM

crxpilot
08-26-2017, 05:11 AM

Honestly, LITERALLY 2 CLICKS from this forum you can find that information (you dont even have to type a web address or google it).
Oh....and can someone tell me which base is junior, which is senior, cause I am sure its not in the last 14 pages of this very thread......

KC135
08-26-2017, 08:54 AM
Honestly, LITERALLY 2 CLICKS from this forum you can find that information (you dont even have to type a web address or google it).
Oh....and can someone tell me which base is junior, which is senior, cause I am sure its not in the last 14 pages of this very thread......

That was so helpful. Just giving the job fair answer would have been about 1/3 the effort you typed up but you sure schooled him. :rolleyes:

Beretta01
08-26-2017, 09:49 AM
That was so helpful. Just giving the job fair answer would have been about 1/3 the effort you typed up but you sure schooled him. :rolleyes:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing....unreal.

westwind1
08-26-2017, 04:02 PM

Must be a joy to fly with him/her...

westwind1
08-26-2017, 04:03 PM
... helpful my friend.
What I was asking it's how to keep up with the current and future meet and greet.
Example: Spirirt post them on LinkedIn.

westwind1
08-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Friday September 15
LAS
11AM-4PM
Thanks a lot!

KODI3
08-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Any guesses as when one can reapply after rcving:

Thanks for taking the time to apply for our open position FIRST OFFICER . We spent a lot of time reviewing all of our applications and while the decision was difficult, at this time we have decided to move forward with another candidate.

Luckily, this doesn't have to mean goodbye. We consistently update our careers page and hope that you find another position that interests you.

We hope that as you continue your search, you keep us in mind.

Take Care,
The Allegiant Talent Acquisition Team

flyingmau5
08-30-2017, 06:04 PM

Thanks for taking the time to apply for our open position FIRST OFFICER . We spent a lot of time reviewing all of our applications and while the decision was difficult, at this time we have decided to move forward with another candidate.

Luckily, this doesn't have to mean goodbye. We consistently update our careers page and hope that you find another position that interests you.

Take Care,

When did you apply?

At least you got an email. I applied back in the beginning of August and haven't got anything yet. Last status update I saw was "under review." I checked again just now and it's blank under status...

ecam
08-30-2017, 07:16 PM

Take Care,

That looks generic and auto generated. I would say reapply immediately. (Assuming you do meet the published minimums).

KODI3
08-31-2017, 02:05 AM
Had been applying for at least 5 years. Updated resume and cover letter download last month. Unfortunately, couldn't figure out how to remove 2 older versions of resume/cover letter from 2012 and 2014. Not sure if their response was to my latest download. Hopefully, they viewed my most up to date one. Will go to site and do another update. Anyone know how to remove previous resume when you do monthly updates?

cf105
08-31-2017, 09:35 AM
Been search the job page and cannot find any opening for FO. Was it just removed? Was interested to start an application but it seems closed.
Anyone has a link?

Beretta01
08-31-2017, 09:46 AM
Been search the job page and cannot find any opening for FO. Was it just removed? Was interested to start an application but it seems closed.
Anyone has a link?

Interesting, I can't find it either.....

HansenT
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Interesting, I can't find it either.....

Still there when searching:
https://rn22.ultipro.com/ALL1015/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*40C997D0DE734D0B

Harry Tasker
08-31-2017, 12:21 PM
Looks like it's back up. I did check earlier and was not listed.

Pilot145
08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
The first officer position is still posted. My question is about the requisition number next to the job posting. I filled out the app on 8/29 and noticed today that the job posting for First Officer has a new requisition number. Do you need to fill out or update your app every time there is a new requisition number?

Riverside
08-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Has anyone ever asked why there are no northeast bases?

skydisaster
08-31-2017, 05:16 PM

If you haven't noticed, Allegiant's business model is to take people from underserved markets to vacation destinations. The bases are typically located at the vacation destination and the out stations are the underserved markets. There is not a lot that is underserved about the Northeast and a vacation destination at the same time.

labbats
09-01-2017, 03:40 AM

Run the numbers on deice Type 1 and 4 for three Airbus two or three times a week every winter. Now eliminate that by having a base further South.

Beretta01
09-01-2017, 04:18 AM
Run the numbers on deice Type 1 and 4 for three Airbus two or three times a week every winter. Now eliminate that by having a base further South.

Lol, if we're doing turns there, aren't we using the same amount of fluid(if not more, turning around after coming through the icing conditions)?

labbats
09-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Not as much as if you spend the night every night. Even just frost and Type 1 deice would add up.

GunSlngnAv8ter
09-01-2017, 08:58 AM
The first officer position is still posted. My question is about the requisition number next to the job posting. I filled out the app on 8/29 and noticed today that the job posting for First Officer has a new requisition number. Do you need to fill out or update your app every time there is a new requisition number?
Possibly, ask at a Job fair. There were some goofy things with the application when I was getting hired.

Jefferson
09-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Filled out the online application last week and just got the video interview email. What can I expect in the video interview? TMAAT? WWYD? or what?

GunSlngnAv8ter
09-01-2017, 12:35 PM
I don't remember, but you'll read the question and have several recorded attempts if you want.

ecam
09-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Filled out the online application last week and just got the video interview email. What can I expect in the video interview? TMAAT? WWYD? or what?

Dress for success, and make sure you have a good internet connection in a quiet place. I won't give you the questions verbatim, but be prepared to intelligently discuss our unique business model, our company values, and how you think you'll fit in here. Be honest about past FAA issues or check ride failures. Above all, relax and be yourself. They are looking for people who will be a good fit, and intend to be here long term.

Jefferson
09-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Dress for success, and make sure you have a good internet connection in a quiet place. I won't give you the questions verbatim, but be prepared to intelligently discuss our unique business model, our company values, and how you think you'll fit in here. Be honest about past FAA issues or check ride failures. Above all, relax and be yourself. They are looking for people who will be a good fit, and intend to be here long term.

Thanks! Solid answer

ecam
09-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Rumor going around that hiring is going to slow down. The last class was huge, and the next class is supposed to be one of the largest ever. Then minimal or no hiring until early next year.

Last year, the training department got extremely bogged down over the holidays, and fall new hires were taking 6 months to go through, with long breaks. Not very efficient. Turns out, senior instructors, APDs, and LCAs take vacation during the holidays! Go figure! It's hard to cram lots of people through with little instructor availability.

We've also had turnover in the recruitment office, one of the recruiters left the company, and they are looking for a replacement.

So bottom line, if you want to work here, and get an arbitrary rejection (computer dump), or hear nothing but crickets, be patient and keep trying. Long term, we are still looking at massive growth if 1/2 of what upper management is saying comes true.

LoFly
09-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Rumor going around that hiring is going to slow down. The last class was huge, and the next class is supposed to be one of the largest ever. Then minimal or no hiring until early next year.

Last year, the training department got extremely bogged down over the holidays, and fall new hires were taking 6 months to go through, with long breaks. Not very efficient. Turns out, senior instructors, APDs, and LCAs take vacation during the holidays! Go figure! It's hard to cram lots of people through with little instructor availability.

We've also had turnover in the recruitment office, one of the recruiters left the company, and they are looking for a replacement.

So bottom line, if you want to work here, and get an arbitrary rejection (computer dump), or hear nothing but crickets, be patient and keep trying. Long term, we are still looking at massive growth if 1/2 of what upper management is saying comes true.

I've recently heard 240 new hires in the next 12 months. Already confirmed classes for Sept 11th, Oct 16th, Nov 6th and Dec 11th.

ecam
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
I've recently heard 240 new hires in the next 12 months. Already confirmed classes for Sept 11th, Oct 16th, Nov 6th and Dec 11th.

Guess your sources are better than mine. Hope training is going well.

LoFly
09-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Guess your sources are better than mine. Hope training is going well.

Thanks! So far really well, ride in 10 days

Pilot145
09-03-2017, 04:15 PM
I received the TBNT email about two months ago after doing a video and phone interview. Do I need to wait 6 months to reapply or should I keep applying every time there is a new requisition number? The TBNT email only stated that I should keep my resume updated for future consideration.

hyde
09-04-2017, 04:36 AM

So is 240 new hires growth or attrition? Total number on the seniority list seems to pretty much remain the same

akulahunter
09-04-2017, 06:04 AM
So is 240 new hires growth or attrition? Total number on the seniority list seems to pretty much remain the same

I won't comment on total list numbers, but I will say that I was hired late last year and there have been less than 30 pilots leave who were senior to me (average of about 3 a month). So attrition isn't high... Who knows though, maybe it will pick up.

skydisaster
09-04-2017, 06:05 AM

Its growth. For the last six months, we have lost about 2 a month off of the seniority list. Most of those have been off of the bottom.

deltajuliet
09-04-2017, 07:50 AM
To understand the Allegiant route map, you have to understand the Allegiant business model. The model is to take passengers from small town USA to vacation destinations. The orange dots are the vacation destinations. Airplanes (and crews) are based at the vacation destinations and fly out to the small towns and back. The limitation to that has been that there is only so much ramp space at the vacation destination, so in the larger small towns that feed multiple vacation destinations, Allegiant has opened small bases (usually 1-2 airplanes). These are locations like AVL, CVG, etc.
Many of the vacation destinations (like AUS and San Juan) are not big enough to be a base yet so they are served by other bases.

VPS and MYR are seasonal vacation destinations and are staffed with crews and airplanes that have been TDY'd from other bases. I suspect VPS will become permanent soon, but it is not yet a permanent base.

Out of curiosity, has RFD ever been discussed as a small Northern base?

CAirBear
09-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Out of curiosity, has RFD ever been discussed as a small Northern base?

Yes. Seems like RFD, BLV, MCI, DSM and ICT have been mentioned at some point or another. However, Management are like kids in a candy store. I pay no attention to it anymore.

It does appear we are heading towards having a lot of bases with 1-2 aircraft. They just announced IND for next spring. Once the transition is done and maybe have even added some additional planes, you may see more and more of the strong "outstation" markets, that consistently do well, be potential bases.

HansenT
09-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Applied to last FO listing and that one is "Being reviewed". Uploaded a current resume but the system will not allow me to remove the old one so it looks weird having 2 there. I emailed the HR department from the website address to ask about that and am waiting a response. While I was waiting, I decided to apply for the new FO listing and it seemed to carry over all my information from the last one. Hope I didn't jack up the system by doing that. We will see.

HansenT
09-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Applied to last FO listing and that one is "Being reviewed". Uploaded a current resume but the system will not allow me to remove the old one so it looks weird having 2 there. I emailed the HR department from the website address to ask about that and am waiting a response. While I was waiting, I decided to apply for the new FO listing and it seemed to carry over all my information from the last one. Hope I didn't jack up the system by doing that. We will see.

UPDATE: got an email back today saying they already merged my stuff and the old resume was removed. I'm in the list waiting to be reviewed. :) Glad I got a warm body reply.

Jefferson
09-06-2017, 08:17 AM
So,
The morning after I did the video interview, I got an email that said "incomplete application"

Anyone have any thoughts about that one?

HansenT
09-06-2017, 04:31 PM
UPDATE: got an email back today saying they already merged my stuff and the old resume was removed. I'm in the list waiting to be reviewed. :) Glad I got a warm body reply.

Just got the TBNT email 😩 Oh well. Next time. I thought 5100 hours TT of which 3500 turbine PIC would be enough. Maybe it's a lack of 121 time.

livetofly2123
09-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Are we supposed to reapply to each new listing or just simply update our current application? My application is currently showing blank. I received the thanks no thanks email previously. I am a low time Captain and have not yet reached 3000 hours. I did attend OBAP and will be attending the next meet and greet on the 15th. I also have an internal.

Long story short I am under the minimums, but still doing my very best to get a job here.

Question will the Cheif pilot be there on the 15th for the meet and greet?

Thanks in advance.

Tsanford134
09-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Anyone getting calls without going to job fairs?

LoFly
09-12-2017, 04:50 PM

Me, and I don't think any of my 13 ppl class went to any m&g. Things have changed recently tho, I've been told the number of applications spiked in the last few months so going to one will help for sure.

LostMedic
09-16-2017, 04:46 AM
Due to operational difficulties. I can't make any of these meet and greets. I have internal referrals, but I applied over a month ago and I have gotten nothing. So I am guessing the meet and greet would help, just can't make them.

So yeah, that kind of sucks, but what you going to do. I refuse to call in sick, unless I am, so yeah probably should have.

Jefferson
09-16-2017, 02:07 PM
After the video interview, what happened next? Schedule Vegas face to face, online personality assessment, or did anyone get a chief pilot phone call?

RunningB
09-17-2017, 03:59 AM
After the video interview, what happened next? Schedule Vegas face to face, online personality assessment, or did anyone get a chief pilot phone call?

All of the above within about 4 or 5 days of the video interview

westwind1
09-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Is there anyway to delete the old resume on the application? I would like to update my app but I can't upload no more resume...

HansenT
09-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Is there anyway to delete the old resume on the application? I would like to update my app but I can't upload no more resume...

Before I got the TBNT email, I emailed HR and someone responded within 1 day and removed my old resume for me which left the new one current.

CMeFly
09-21-2017, 07:19 PM

I never went to a job fair. I completed the app online. Within 3 weeks I received the invitation for the video interview. 2 days after I submitted the video, I got the invite to Las Vegas. I interviewed yesterday and start on Oct 9. 4 of us interviewed and were hired. We all are regional Captains. I have 7800 TT, 250 Turbine PIC.

Keep trying. They really like candidates who show a lot of interest. I would reapply every time the job code changes for the First Officer position. Good luck! Allegiant is a good opportunity and the pilots I talked to at the training center were happy to be there.

CMeFly
09-21-2017, 07:23 PM
So,
The morning after I did the video interview, I got an email that said "incomplete application"

Anyone have any thoughts about that one?

That is a good thing. The same thing happened to me. I found a page that I either missed or was added after I completed the app initially. I completed the blank page and received the interview invitation the same day.

sdsaab
09-21-2017, 07:52 PM
2 days after I submitted the video, I got the invite to Las Vegas.

I submitted the video interview 2 weeks ago but have not heard back. Has anyone else waited this long? I've read on a few other threads that the typical response is 7-10 days. Should I contact HR to follow up?

Thanks, the anticipation is intense!

Bombinha
09-29-2017, 06:13 AM

Crickets aren't so bad of a sound.

Capt Ruby Pubes
10-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Anyone know the hiring outlook? I just got an email saying ďyour application has been put on hold for future new hire classesĒ and to keep updating my stuff.

LoFly
10-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Anyone know the hiring outlook? I just got an email saying ďyour application has been put on hold for future new hire classesĒ and to keep updating my stuff.

The company just announced that the MD80-Airbus transition, which completion was projected to be late 2019, got pushed up to next June.
Thant means 25ish pilots will have to go through training every month, I'm not saying hiring will stop but it will probably slow down.
Some guys here have been with Allegiant much longer than me, they can probably give a better prediction.

grnclvrs
10-05-2017, 10:00 AM
The company just announced that the MD80-Airbus transition, which completion was projected to be late 2019, got pushed up to next June.
Thant means 25ish pilots will have to go through training every month, I'm not saying hiring will stop but it will probably slow down.
Some guys here have been with Allegiant much longer than me, they can probably give a better prediction.

The transition is still 2019. Only LAS got moved up to June, 2018.

LoFly
10-05-2017, 10:30 AM
The transition is still 2019. Only LAS got moved up to June, 2018.

oh so the timeline on G4connect is not for the full transition. got it

ecam
10-05-2017, 10:51 AM
We have stopped hiring because training is swamped and still have many pilots in the pipeline. Most likely going to start using a pool like almost every other airline. Expect hiring to ramp back up in 2018. But yes, today's announcement may push that back.

AeroCrewSolut
10-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Allegiant Air just signed up to attend the Aero Crew Solutions FREE virtual pilot job fair on Friday, November 17th. You can message, audio, or video conference with a recruiter live. To find out more information, visit aerocrewsolutions.vfairs.com

If you have any questions about the free event send us a PM or email.

Capt Ruby Pubes
10-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Allegiant Air just signed up to attend the Aero Crew Solutions FREE virtual pilot job fair on Friday, November 17th. You can message, audio, or video conference with a recruiter live. To find out more information, visit aerocrewsolutions.vfairs.com

Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

CptGSXR
10-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Are there any current Allegiant pilots that I could PM, for a specific question? Thanks.

CAirBear
10-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Are there any current Allegiant pilots that I could PM, for a specific question? Thanks.

Sure man.

Filler

CptGSXR
10-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Sure man.

Filler

Great, Thanks. Sent

JustWatching
10-06-2017, 07:19 PM
We have stopped hiring because training is swamped and still have many pilots in the pipeline. Most likely going to start using a pool like almost every other airline. Expect hiring to ramp back up in 2018. But yes, today's announcement may push that back.

We have not stopped hiring. Your sources, whoever they are, are feeding you made up info.

Beretta01
10-07-2017, 01:22 AM
We have not stopped hiring. Your sources, whoever they are, are feeding you made up info.

Yep, exactly. Not sure where this rumor started...

akulahunter
10-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Didn't we just start a class of 17, with planned classes the next the months?

ecam
10-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Okay. I could be wrong. We'll see.

I just love how APC always becomes a manhood measuring contest where every keyboard warrior just has to be right all the time. Isn't rumors what it's all about here?

JustWatching
10-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Okay. I could be wrong. We'll see.

I just love how APC always becomes a manhood measuring contest where every keyboard warrior just has to be right all the time. Isn't rumors what it's all about here?

Thatís funny coming from you.

Rumor are one thing, but to outright lie is another.

ecam
10-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Thatís funny coming from you.

Okay disagreeing on the quality of the rumor is one thing. Calling people you've never met a liar speaks to your character. I heard this from a pretty reliable source. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't appreciate being called a liar by someone hiding behind a keyboard.

JustWatching
10-08-2017, 04:07 AM
Okay disagreeing on the quality of the rumor is one thing. Calling people you've never met a liar speaks to your character. I heard this from a pretty reliable source. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't appreciate being called a liar by someone hiding behind a keyboard.

Iím so sorry for hurting your feelings. :rolleyes:

N1sync
10-08-2017, 10:33 PM
FAKE NEWS! Call EN or listen to the chief pilot hotline. No slow down. Announcing unverified, unsubstantiated, and easily debunked claims or rumors that could scare away potential candidates away isnít cool.

essayons
10-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Didn't we just start a class of 17, with planned classes the next the months?

I wonder what the class drop will be?

disco inferno
10-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Hopefully nobody drops out of the class.

FreshWater
10-09-2017, 03:10 PM

I didnít know the dropping of a particular class, in this case the current one by new hires was of any significant proportions. Thought that was a pre CBA problem? I mean, I havenít heard of many no shows.

essayons
10-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Hopefully nobody drops out of the class.

That would be wash out.

essayons
10-09-2017, 11:10 PM
I didnít know the dropping of a particular class, in this case the current one by new hires was of any significant proportions. Thought that was a pre CBA problem? I mean, I havenít heard of many no shows.

That would be 'no show'

ecam
10-11-2017, 06:46 AM
"New hire awards". This ain't Delta.

ecam
10-11-2017, 06:53 AM
FAKE NEWS! Call EN or listen to the chief pilot hotline. No slow down. Announcing unverified, unsubstantiated, and easily debunked claims or rumors that could scare away potential candidates away isnít cool.

Oh get over yourself. Everything isn't a conspiracy, and I have no such agenda. I was just passing along what I was told. If I turn out wrong, I'll apologize and retract my statement.

Mods, please add it to the TOS that all rumors posted must be verified, substantiated, and bunk. Thanks. :rolleyes:

JustWatching
10-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Oh get over yourself. Everything isn't a conspiracy, and I have no such agenda. I was just passing along what I was told. If I turn out wrong, I'll apologize and retract my statement.

Mods, please add it to the TOS that all rumors posted must be verified, substantiated, and bunk. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Itís not a rumor when you say someone on the interview team said..... it becomes a lie at that point.

GraceMonth
10-12-2017, 05:12 PM
I applied last month.
4800+Tt
1000 tpic
3800 tsic

Got the TBNT email yesterday. Good luck to all who apply!

Jetflight77
10-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Greetings everyone,

I interviewed recently & was told there's a class next month & Dec. No class in Jan & 1 class in Feb. Cheers. They are still calling candidates to interview.

Ging
10-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Greetings everyone,

I interviewed recently & was told there's a class next month & Dec. No class in Jan & 1 class in Feb. Cheers. They are still calling candidates to interview.

What kind of flight times do you have? Curious to whatís competive now.

UniformGolf
10-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Hello all,

The Allegiant website says you need a minimum of 3000hrs to apply but 'Lower flight time may be considered based on current work history....military experience.....'

Are there any ex-military Allegiant pilots on here who got in with under 3000? If so, it would be interesting to know what hours/experience you had. Please PM if you don't want to post details for all to see.

Just trying to gauge where I stand with hours etc.

Thank you for your time.

UG

JustWatching
10-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Hello all,

The Allegiant website says you need a minimum of 3000hrs to apply but 'Lower flight time may be considered based on current work history....military experience.....'

Are there any ex-military Allegiant pilots on here who got in with under 3000? If so, it would be interesting to know what hours/experience you had. Please PM if you don't want to post details for all to see.

Thank you for your time.

UG

If you're flying in a crew environment, you can get on with as low as 2200ish. Not a guarantee they'll call, but it's happened in the past.

worksweekends
10-17-2017, 06:58 AM
Hello all,

Thank you for your time.

UG

There's a newish hire guy here (late 20's) that got on with about 2500 TT, (121 time, no military), all because he beat down allegiant's door for the better part of 2 years. There's a guy in the training center hired on about 18 months ago who hadn't flown in 3 years (20+ year military career); and to top it off, system chief pilot (MG) told our systems class a few weeks back... "we know our applicants can fly airplanes, we want to make sure they are professionals and they really want to be here"... Probably a few words off in that quote, but that was the gist of it.

Long and short... overall, hours matter less than motivation to work for allegiant.

UniformGolf
10-17-2017, 07:06 AM
If you're flying in a crew environment, you can get on with as low as 2200ish. Not a guarantee they'll call, but it's happened in the past.

Yeah I'm a multi's guy but just a bit short of those hours for now. Thank you for the reply.

There's a newish hire guy here (late 20's) that got on with about 2500 TT, (121 time, no military), all because he beat down allegiant's door for the better part of 2 years. There's a guy in the training center hired on about 18 months ago who hadn't flown in 3 years (20+ year military career); and to top it off, system chief pilot (MG) told our systems class a few weeks back... "we know our applicants can fly airplanes, we want to make sure they are professionals and they really want to be here"... Probably a few words off in that quote, but that was the gist of it.

Long and short... overall, hours matter less than motivation to work for allegiant.

Ok thats a good insight, thank you as well for replying.

TheBridgeKeeper
10-17-2017, 08:26 AM

I have started to accept the fact that the numbers don't necessarily matter. I applied with 5100+ hours and 2800 TPIC. It's hard to show how much you really want to be there when you aren't even given the chance to express it. An application with a resume, and flight hours don't tell the story of who you are. I got the TBNT email the same day others with 2500 hours are being invited for interviews. I will keep trying, but in my mind, it's all luck of the draw and a process that is not as clearly defined as I had thought. Good luck to all who apply!

arkmm
10-24-2017, 05:19 PM

I have started to accept the fact that the numbers don't necessarily matter. I applied with 5100+ hours and 2800 TPIC. It's hard to show how much you really want to be there when you aren't even given the chance to express it. An application with a resume, and flight hours don't tell the story of who you are. I got the TBNT email the same day others with 2500 hours are being invited for interviews. I will keep trying, but in my mind, it's all luck of the draw and a process that is not as clearly defined as I had thought. Good luck to all who apply!

I've been trying to get an in person interview for over a year and have been interested but not ready for 3 years or so. I've done the video interview twice now and got nothing to show for it. I've got over 5200 hours and almost 1000 TPIC. Allegiant is my dream job but a friend of mine asked why I keep getting no's and said if they said no twice it probably won't happen. I really want to be there and did as much to convey that as I could. 2 Job fairs this year and a meet and greet too. The competition is getting rough.

ROCKETM8
10-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Hello there,

Apologies if this has been answered a thousand times already before, but how long would it take to hold Vegas base an as FO / CA currently?

Best,

skydisaster
10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Hello there,

Apologies if this has been answered a thousand times already before, but how long would it take to hold Vegas base an as FO / CA currently?

Best,

Generally speaking, LAS is very senior for captains and junior for FOs. However, the company just announced that LAS will transition to all Airbus by June. Because of that, I donít see a new hire holding Vegas anytime soon. Just my best guess, but I see it taking at least a year to get there.

Current junior pilot in each category:
MD80 captain- December 2015
MD80 FO - July 2017 hire date
AB Captain - August 2005 hire date
AB FO - August 2017 hire date

ecam
10-31-2017, 09:41 AM

That’s funny coming from you.

FAKE NEWS! Call EN or listen to the chief pilot hotline. No slow down. Announcing unverified, unsubstantiated, and easily debunked claims or rumors that could scare away potential candidates away isn’t cool.

Town hall meeting: "Reduction in hiring for the first 6 months of 2018".

Beretta01
10-31-2017, 09:45 AM

How else did you think they were going to move up the AB transition by a year!?

ecam
10-31-2017, 09:46 AM
How else did you think they were going to move up the AB transition by a year!?

Just admit I was right and move on. I called it over a month ago.

JustWatching
10-31-2017, 10:30 AM

Reduction does not equal stopped. You were not correct. You are not correct.

Beretta01
10-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Reduction does not equal stopped. You were not correct. You are not correct.

Exactly....January/February classes might get skipped to provide a little relief out in Vegas. Thatís directly from the source(s) that are in control of hiring. Iím curious to know if there will be any new hires in the 80....I canít imagine any reason why there would be now that the transition hasnít been pushed up so much.

LoFly
10-31-2017, 11:22 AM
Exactly....January/February classes might get skipped to provide a little relief out in Vegas. Thatís directly from the source(s) that are in control of hiring. Iím curious to know if there will be any new hires in the 80....I canít imagine any reason why there would be now that the transition hasnít been pushed up so much.

I've heard no more 80 new hires unless attrition increases on that side.

Jetflight77
10-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Is it confirmed Feb class will be delayed? Coz I am in the Feb class & was wondering if i should resign or not from my current job?

Jet

N1sync
10-31-2017, 09:39 PM
Is it confirmed Feb class will be delayed? Coz I am in the Feb class & was wondering if i should resign or not from my current job?

Jet

Don't listen to ECAM, it's just a reduction at this point. It will probably be small classes of 8-12 people. Don't hesitate to call Ernie if you want clarification.

ecam
11-01-2017, 05:17 AM

Jet

I can't see the company canceling a class within 2 weeks and leaving people hanging. If they were to do it, they would let you know in advance, but I don't think they will. I wouldn't worry about it. Give your two week notice, and plan on being here.

Hiring may decrease, but there's still lots of pilots in the pipeline.

grnclvrs
11-01-2017, 07:41 AM
I can't see the company canceling a class within 2 weeks and leaving people hanging. If they were to do it, they would let you know in advance, but I don't think they will. I wouldn't worry about it. Give your two week notice, and plan on being here.

I guess you weren't here when AL told the guys in GRR to go ahead and buy houses, the base was here to stay.

ecam
11-03-2017, 06:30 AM
I guess you weren't here when AL told the guys in GRR to go ahead and buy houses, the base was here to stay.

I was here and I never understood that base from the beginning. How could they not have anticipated the snow by the foot, tremendous deicing costs, and inability to operate on time. It's GRAND RAPIDS!

I'd say anyone who moved there and bought a house didn't think things through either.

Digger74
11-03-2017, 04:27 PM

FYI...
Recieved a email today notifying me that my November interview is cancelled due to AB transition training and hiring will notify me when interviews resume.
Looks like the AB transition training is real. Good luck to all!
Staying tuned....

Bombinha
11-07-2017, 05:47 AM

It seems this is just another rumor because the virtual job fair setup is ready and Allegiant isn't showing there and don't have a both either.

ecam
11-07-2017, 06:29 AM
FYI...
Recieved a email today notifying me that my November interview is cancelled due to AB transition training and hiring will notify me when interviews resume.
Looks like the AB transition training is real. Good luck to all!
Staying tuned....

Nobody listen to ecam! Hiring will continue full speed ahead!

Jetflight77
11-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Actually I have to agree Ecam was 100% right.

N1sync
11-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Nobody listen to ecam! Hiring will continue full speed ahead!

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.LsDItUiTQs2lTMZRWZpEfgEgDY&pid=1.1

JustWatching
11-08-2017, 01:23 PM
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.LsDItUiTQs2lTMZRWZpEfgEgDY&pid=1.1

No he doesnít. If January comes along and we donít run a class, heíll win. Iím telling you, weíll be running classes.

go46ball
11-09-2017, 02:24 AM
Hope you're correct.

Flyer76
01-16-2018, 03:52 PM
First time poster...Lots of military buddies paying for interview prep services for legacy airlines (and app reviews), what say y'all about these when it comes to Allegiant? The company's model is exactly what I'm looking for long term QOL, and this is by far my #1 choice...working on the app now. Lots of other app/interview questions, so if someone is willing to PM, I'd appreciate it.

ecam
01-17-2018, 05:44 AM
First time poster...Lots of military buddies paying for interview prep services for legacy airlines (and app reviews), what say y'all about these when it comes to Allegiant? The company's model is exactly what I'm looking for long term QOL, and this is by far my #1 choice...working on the app now. Lots of other app/interview questions, so if someone is willing to PM, I'd appreciate it.

From my friends who do interviews here and at other airlines, our interview process is very different from most other airlines. We don't have an HR intensive interview with many situational questions. That's how the interview prep really helps people, sorting their experiences and giving the "right" story for the TMAAT questions. Our application is more of a screening process, to verify your credentials. Then the video interview is the main event. You'll be asked about FAA incidents/violations, check ride failures, any terminations. You'll be asked why you want to work here and how you think you'll fit in (research this!). Then the in person interview will be with a chief pilot and a line pilot or instructor. It's basically a get to know you session, basic questions. Be honest, and don't tell them what you think they want to hear. There may be a short sim evaluation on basic instrument flying skills and an approach briefing. No big deal for anyone who meets the hiring minimums.

I really don't think one of the prep companies will help you with this. in fact, I'm hearing they are falling out of favor with the legacy carriers too because the recruiters are tired of hearing the same boring canned answers. They often ask candidates outright if/where they prepped because they can tell. That's usually a pass over.

9easy
01-17-2018, 11:38 AM
No need to do a formal interview prep for G4... Perhaps view the current gouge to get an idea of the typical questions. The main thing is to have a logical and realistic story about why you want to work for Allegiant, live in base, etc. If you are ex-mil and well qualified, you might also think about some ways you can subtly convince the interviewers that you plan to stay and not just bounce to Delta as soon as they call.

Flyer76
01-18-2018, 05:07 AM
From my friends who do interviews here and at other airlines, our interview process is very different from most other airlines. We don't have an HR intensive interview with many situational questions. That's how the interview prep really helps people, sorting their experiences and giving the "right" story for the TMAAT questions. Our application is more of a screening process, to verify your credentials. Then the video interview is the main event. You'll be asked about FAA incidents/violations, check ride failures, any terminations. You'll be asked why you want to work here and how you think you'll fit in (research this!). Then the in person interview will be with a chief pilot and a line pilot or instructor. It's basically a get to know you session, basic questions. Be honest, and don't tell them what you think they want to hear. There may be a short sim evaluation on basic instrument flying skills and an approach briefing. No big deal for anyone who meets the hiring minimums.

I really don't think one of the prep companies will help you with this. in fact, I'm hearing they are falling out of favor with the legacy carriers too because the recruiters are tired of hearing the same boring canned answers. They often ask candidates outright if/where they prepped because they can tell. That's usually a pass over.

Thanks for the info, great help. How much weight is given to letters of rec, internal or external?

Flyer76
01-18-2018, 05:10 AM
No need to do a formal interview prep for G4... Perhaps view the current gouge to get an idea of the typical questions. The main thing is to have a logical and realistic story about why you want to work for Allegiant, live in base, etc. If you are ex-mil and well qualified, you might also think about some ways you can subtly convince the interviewers that you plan to stay and not just bounce to Delta as soon as they call.

Thanks! My motivation to come to Allegiant is easy to explain, and I would plan on staying. I've seen the questions in other forums, and will keep up.

ecam
01-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the info, great help. How much weight is given to letters of rec, internal or external?

Hard to say. Talk among pilots within the last couple of years is that internal recommendations have no weight, and may even be negative. I know many who say they have recommended people with great resumes, who got shot down for unexplained reasons. (Many of those are now working at SWA or a legacy carrier). An internal rec may get you the video interview though.

As others have said, I think the best path is meeting the recruiters and chief pilots at the job fairs and open houses. Hiring here is definitely organic, and they like people who show interest over a length of time. Since we have stopped hiring, none are scheduled, but when they are, it's posted on our flight ops site, and I'm sure someone will pass it along. I'm told we have enough poolees to run 2 or 3 small classes this year. Hiring will probably ramp back up after summer for classes in early 2019.

grnclvrs
01-18-2018, 11:39 AM

The weight of LOR's has changed over the year's. We went from a golden ticket system to not accepting them to a system where the names of the guys being interviewed are posted on our employee site and anybody that knows them can give feedback. Have your internal rec fill this out when your name pops up for the interview.

MadHund
01-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Next pilot recruiting event will be at the NGPA in Palm Springs on February 9th...

Jet J
02-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Any updates on anyone getting hired?

skydisaster
03-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Any updates on anyone getting hired?

There is no hiring right now. The last word that I received was that October is the next planned class. That may change by a month or two, but I donít see it changing a lot.

Jet J
03-01-2018, 10:54 AM
There is no hiring right now. The last word that I received was that October is the next planned class. That may change by a month or two, but I donít see it changing a lot.

got it thanks

Jefferson
03-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Has Allegiant been hiring into a pool or did they just stop interviewing?
If there is a pool, is there any idea how large that pool may be?

tom11011
03-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Has Allegiant been hiring into a pool or did they just stop interviewing?
If there is a pool, is there any idea how large that pool may be?

As far as I know there is no pool.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1