Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Island Air

Aviationluver
05-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I haven't been able to dig up a lot of info. on them.

I know their pilot pay and bonus is up to par with other regionals and that you do not overnight.

What else do you guys know about this company? Training dept., maintenance, etc.? Is this company competitive compared to the other regionals?

Thanks.

Braniff DC8
05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
There is lots of info on the APC "Airline Profiles" section AND on the Island Air site itself AND the Orange site.

falsecracks
05-12-2017, 05:48 AM
I haven't been able to dig up a lot of info. on them.

I know their pilot pay and bonus is up to par with other regionals and that you do not overnight.

What else do you guys know about this company? Training dept., maintenance, etc.? Is this company competitive compared to the other regionals?

Thanks.

Check this thread, starting at page 5: https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/regional/93170-island-air-hawaii.html

Transitioning to a fleet of Q400s. Some growing pains but as expected with any new aircraft. Pay is competitive. Home every night. But it's really apple to oranges. You're flying inter island below 14,000 ft., 4 to 8 legs a day in a Q400 in beautiful weather. This isn't a 4 to 5 day RJ trip operation. Island Air is an independent regional flying under its own name and codeshares with a few mainline like United, Alaska and Delta. Our competitor is Hawaiian.

WillFlyForSpam
05-12-2017, 09:40 PM
A thread already exists lots of information. Most of which from me.