Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Great Lakes shutting down?

Sr. Barco
06-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Does anyone have more info about the status of Great Lakes? I've read rumors here on APC that they're furloughing pilots but I can't find anything official. Most of us have predicted they wouldn't last this Pilot crunch and it appears to be unfolding as predicted.

Thanks.

FloridaLarry
06-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Nothing on either the Denver Post's or Cheyenne (WY) paper's website as of Monday.

If an airline falls in the forest,...

zondaracer
06-05-2017, 06:00 PM
They are still flying, however lots of planes sit idle in Denver.

TransWorld
06-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Quick glance at their customer website. For tomorrow they only have about one third of the towns with flights scheduled out of Denver. Whether temporary or permanent it sounds to me the footsteps of the grim reaper are getting louder. Just my observation.

rickair7777
06-05-2017, 06:47 PM
See Yah!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

zondaracer
06-06-2017, 07:20 AM
See Yah!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lol love it

Theoneinall
06-07-2017, 08:47 PM
It would suck to see them go under only because they are very convenient for me. A lot easier to fly them out to Los Angeles from Prescott than to have to drive down to Phoenix. If they do go under I better get a refund.

TransWorld
06-08-2017, 07:58 AM
It would suck to see them go under only because they are very convenient for me. A lot easier to fly them out to Los Angeles from Prescott than to have to drive down to Phoenix. If they do go under I better get a refund.

If Great Lakes went out of business, wouldn't EAS from Prescott be awarded to another carrier, whether to LAX or PHX. -- or to someplace? I hear the odds are Great Lakes is losing Pueblo; Skywest may be awarded it instead.

The bigger concern for you is if EAS was eliminated from Prescott, regardless of who was flying it. (I am not trying to start any rumors, just thinking aloud.)

Theoneinall
06-08-2017, 08:49 AM
If Great Lakes went out of business, wouldn't EAS from Prescott be awarded to another carrier, whether to LAX or PHX. -- or to someplace? I hear the odds are Great Lakes is losing Pueblo; Skywest may be awarded it instead.

The bigger concern for you is if EAS was eliminated from Prescott, regardless of who was flying it. (I am not trying to start any rumors, just thinking aloud.)

Your correct, if they go out of business, as long as someone picks up the Prescott route then it will be fine. As long as EAS remains in Prescott I wouldn't mind seeing a new carrier come in, in fact I'd prefer it.

FloridaLarry
06-08-2017, 03:22 PM
If (When!) GLA goes out of business, they therefore stop flying to their contracted EAS cities (and the rest of their shrinking map). Presuming a Chapter 7 rather than Ch 11 - they seem to have had their Ch 11 chances, even if it wasn't done through the courts :rolleyes:.

The question: What happens to the EAS 90-day notice to quit, and the Federal obligation to continue service until a replacement takes over?

Do the Feds get to arm-twist some other carrier to take over immediately? And 'immediately' isn't truly 'immediate,' given the need for the incoming folks to hire staff, get or re-assign aircraft, do proving flights, negotiate with the EAS people, etc.

Any way you look at it, sounds like there will be a gap between the EAS hard places and GLA's 'rock.'

3inthegreen
06-09-2017, 04:44 AM
If (When!) GLA goes out of business, they therefore stop flying to their contracted EAS cities (and the rest of their shrinking map). Presuming a Chapter 7 rather than Ch 11 - they seem to have had their Ch 11 chances, even if it wasn't done through the courts :rolleyes:.

The question: What happens to the EAS 90-day notice to quit, and the Federal obligation to continue service until a replacement takes over?

Do the Feds get to arm-twist some other carrier to take over immediately? And 'immediately' isn't truly 'immediate,' given the need for the incoming folks to hire staff, get or re-assign aircraft, do proving flights, negotiate with the EAS people, etc.

Any way you look at it, sounds like there will be a gap between the EAS hard places and GLA's 'rock.'

All EAS carriers will be done within 6 months. Once Trumps budget passes, EAS will be done bringing instant death to the Viass, Lakes, and Boutiques of the US.

Packrat
06-09-2017, 05:43 AM
With the possible exception of the EAS in the state of Alaska.

Duesenflieger
06-09-2017, 08:04 AM
So glad to see these scumbags going out of business....

FloridaLarry
06-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Don't bet on the death of EAS in the lower 48. I expect tweaking to continue the process of removing abuses, but (a.) it does serve a purpose, (b.) constitutes a promise made by the government, and (c.) is supported by enough very senior legislators and powerful leaders in the various communities, all of whom are listened to.

Like other popular verbal targets (NEA, NEH, CPB, etc), the money spent or saved on it won't change the overall Federal budget picture at all. They aren't serious budget-busters, just tweat-fodder pandering to hopeful believers.

As always, Alaska is the exception to most rules.

ecam
06-09-2017, 12:07 PM
GLA has been "going out of business" since I was there in the 90s.

Two things will withstand the nuclear holocaust: Cockroaches and Great Lakes.

Seeeeee Yaaaaaah!

Theoneinall
06-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Apparently they've had to start going back to their 1900's on the Prescott-LAX route due to not having a captain to fly the 120's....

zondaracer
06-12-2017, 04:50 AM
So many guys have abandoned ship that a lot of the furloughed got recalled.

TransWorld
06-12-2017, 06:26 AM
I bet most of those furloughed and recalled have apps out at other regionals and won't be around long. Great Lakes, it appears, is really over the barrel.

WesternSkies
06-12-2017, 06:44 AM
I hear the odds are Great Lakes is losing Pueblo; Skywest may be awarded it instead.

Didn't we already do that and stop?
I think I remember taking two people down and one back.
USAF DA40s were everywhere.

Theoneinall
06-12-2017, 08:12 AM
So many guys have abandoned ship that a lot of the furloughed got recalled.

I'm surprised they even have furloughed pilots given how badly they need pilots. Wouldn't they just have all those pilots working already with how tight things are?

zondaracer
06-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I'm surprised they even have furloughed pilots given how badly they need pilots. Wouldn't they just have all those pilots working already with how tight things are?

They have lots of parked planes, but they furloughed about 30% of their 55 pilots. When furlough was announced, pilots left for 121 carriers or other 135 carriers. Enough guys left that they could recall some of the furloughed pilots. If that's any indication of the situation there...

kansas
06-12-2017, 05:16 PM
They aren't going out of business. They will never die.

And no I have no idea how they'll survive. But it's Lakes. The true "freaks of the industry" will keep on keeping on.

Forever a Laker 2006-2010

bmurphy130
06-15-2017, 07:18 AM
They just announced that Chuck Howell has left the company:

Great Lakes Aviation president Howell leaves post | AviationPros.com (http://www.aviationpros.com/news/12343607/great-lakes-aviation-president-howell-leaves-post)

TransWorld
06-15-2017, 08:58 AM
They just announced that Chuck Howell has left the company:

Great Lakes Aviation president Howell leaves post | AviationPros.com (http://www.aviationpros.com/news/12343607/great-lakes-aviation-president-howell-leaves-post)

The other telling sign in the article is they owe $124,000 in back lease payments to the Cheyenne airport. Most small companies try to keep going until they run out of money. That forces their hand. I see the vultures circling.

kansas
06-16-2017, 05:28 PM
The other telling sign in the article is they owe $124,000 in back lease payments to the Cheyenne airport. Most small companies try to keep going until they run out of money. That forces their hand. I see the vultures circling.

I know what you're saying but again, this is Great Lakes. They've defaulted on loans worth far more than $124k before.

Not saying it's right or that it's a good sign by any means. I'm just weary of all the schadenfreude in regards to the "Greatest Little Airline" that jumpstarted mine and so many of my friends' careers.

Theoneinall
06-17-2017, 06:21 AM
They also lost Pueblo service to Skywest as well. I don't see this ending well for them as they continue to shrink and having very little staffing pilot wise.

threeighteen
06-17-2017, 10:20 PM

Happened to Seaport not long ago actually, usually there is a decent gap in service, probably 3-4 months.

Apparently they've had to start going back to their 1900's on the Prescott-LAX route due to not having a captain to fly the 120's....

Plenty of captains to fly the 120s, only one E120 FO on the property.

Didn't we already do that and stop?
I think I remember taking two people down and one back.
USAF DA40s were everywhere.

It was a Bro route for a while, then we ran it with the 200 for a few months before pulling out and giving it back to lakes. I think I saw a whopping 9 people ride the 200 down there once, usually was less than 5.

They have lots of parked planes, but they furloughed about 30% of their 55 pilots. When furlough was announced, pilots left for 121 carriers or other 135 carriers. Enough guys left that they could recall some of the furloughed pilots. If that's any indication of the situation there...

All of the furloughs got recalled within a few weeks, but some didn't go back. Many of the guys who didn't get furloughed have quit or are in the process of quitting.

Soon the only people left will be the guys over 65 on the Beech and the 8 or 9 lifers who fly the Bro.

I know what you're saying but again, this is Great Lakes. They've defaulted on loans worth far more than $124k before.

Not saying it's right or that it's a good sign by any means. I'm just weary of all the schadenfreude in regards to the "Greatest Little Airline" that jumpstarted mine and so many of my friends' careers.

Technically the $124k number isn't a loan, it's a default on rent payments. They've been defaulting on hotel payments and other things for a while now too. The company will never pay another dime of rent on their CYS headquarters/hangar. They've already got a backup office and maintenance hangar setup in DEN ready to go for when they get evicted from CYS. How they plan to get all of their gliders down to DEN is another problem.

They also lost Pueblo service to Skywest as well. I don't see this ending well for them as they continue to shrink and having very little staffing pilot wise.

They managed to keep PGA despite the city council voting against them. I think GLA will always stick around, but it's definitely not a good opportunity anymore. Gone are the days where you could get 90+ hours of flying a month, and they're not coming back.

FloridaLarry
06-18-2017, 05:08 AM
It's down to the soup ladle and the Titanic. And checks that go 'Boing, Boing!'

There's a minimum below which you just can't survive, and they've reached it.

velosnow
06-18-2017, 06:05 AM

When I was still at OO I remember taking a single passenger one day to Pueblo then not a single person on the return to DEN. That was fun. I think it went back to Lakes for a bit and now apparently switching again it seems.

After the nuclear holocaust two things will remain - cockroaches and Great Lakes Airlines. I'll believe the final demise when I see it.

Rocksteady
06-18-2017, 06:59 AM
When I was still at OO I remember taking a single passenger one day to Pueblo then not a single person on the return to DEN. That was fun. I think it went back to Lakes for a bit and now apparently switching again it seems.

After the nuclear holocaust two things will remain - cockroaches and Great Lakes Airlines. I'll believe the final demise when I see it.

I think Trumps plan stated he wanted to end all eas routes that are within 2 hour drive of a major airport. PUB would definitely be out if he gets his wish. Pub to cos drive is 45min. Jet service to and from pub is governemnt waste at its finest.

velosnow
06-18-2017, 07:55 AM
I think Trumps plan stated he wanted to end all eas routes that are within 2 hour drive of a major airport. PUB would definitely be out if he gets his wish. Pub to cos drive is 45min. Jet service to and from pub is governemnt waste at its finest.

Yeah the end of short EAS routes would be another nail in the coffin for Lakes.

zondaracer
06-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Current routes:

DEN-PGA (EAS)
PHX-PGA (EAS)
PGA-FMN
LAX-PRC (EAS)
PRC-FMN
DEN-PUB (EAS)
DEN-SLN (EAS)
DEN-FMN
DEN-TEX
DEN-CYS
DEN-RIW

So about half of their route structure is EAS and the planes flow through Farmington to feed the EAS structure in the Southwest.

zondaracer
06-20-2017, 03:09 AM
Current routes:

DEN-PGA (EAS) via FMN
PHX-PGA (EAS)
PGA-FMN
LAX-PRC (EAS)
PRC-FMN
DEN-PUB (EAS)
DEN-SLN (EAS)
DEN-FMN
DEN-TEX
DEN-CYS
DEN-RIW

So about half of their route structure is EAS and the planes flow through Farmington to feed the EAS structure in the Southwest.
Corrected a route detail
http://www.greatlakesav.com/route_map/Docs/route_map.pdf

ZippyNH
06-20-2017, 04:16 AM
No real info to add, but I remember flying cargo in and out of Denver and the surrounding area about 15 years ago, and there was talk then about "great mistakes" shutting down...then they got early model emb-120 that could not deal with warm temps at many towns in the west that they serviced, resulting in them bumping passangers on fair weather days on half full planes. I remember seeing the number of be-1900's on my Wyoming trips missing engines and props in their parking area seemed to multiply...likewise, there was a period when FBO'S refused to pump fuel for them and they were tankeing fuel, bumping passangers to round trip it from Denver....
But somehow they continued, against all odds.
Maybe someday their luck or the EAS system will change enough...
They have survived Air Wisconsin, KEY LIME air, and now are apparently dealing with Penn Air....
I remember trying to jump-seat, and having gate agents say "unofficially, off the record" to start driving, there are seats on the next trip....but don't expect it to go...
Have they managed to fly most if their trips....kinda....
Must not be a fun or stable environment, but they have managed AGAINST all odds so far....

Theoneinall
06-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Plenty of captains to fly the 120s, only one E120 FO on the property.

Flew on the 120 today with two captains, assuming the reason for it was for what you stated.

NK Bumble Bee
03-26-2018, 04:19 PM
After years of speculation of the pending demise of Great Lakes Airlines:

http://www.flygreatlakes.com/alerts/Great%20Lakes%20Suspends%20Scheduled%20Flight%20Op erations.pdf

Scheduled flight ops ending tonight at midnight

tengssuuciurta
03-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Hell finally froze over.

ZippyNH
03-26-2018, 04:43 PM
After years of speculation of the pending demise of Great Lakes Airlines:

http://www.flygreatlakes.com/alerts/Great%20Lakes%20Suspends%20Scheduled%20Flight%20Op erations.pdf

Scheduled flight ops ending tonight at midnight

Yup... seems to be true...
Saw it in multiple places...
Wonder if Penn Air is next....

BluePAX
03-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Kind of doubted a very informal looking webpage, but there’s a singular article on it as well on Lake Powell Life (warning: slow to load) (https://www.lakepowelllife.com/great-lakes-airlines-shuts-down-midnight/)

Best of luck to the guys and gals who worked there.

amcnd
03-26-2018, 05:56 PM
How many active pilots?

kansas
03-26-2018, 05:57 PM
There were about 15 left in November.

TCASTESTOK
03-26-2018, 06:34 PM
From great lakes website

3/26/18
Great Lakes Suspends Scheduled Flight Operations
As a result, at midnight tonight – Monday, 3/26/18, Great Lakes will suspend scheduled flight
operations as an air carrier.
Although we are ceasing flight operations, it is important to note that the company has not
entered bankruptcy and will continue to operate certain segments of the business. We will
continue to support the ADI flights operating between Denver, Pierre and Watertown.
For those customers who are holding tickets on flights on/after 3/27/18, please contact your
original booking source for a refund.

TerrainTerrain
03-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!

(best of luck and prayers to the employees and their families)

WesternSkies
03-26-2018, 08:03 PM
I don't know if I can or can't believe it.

thepotato232
03-26-2018, 10:37 PM
I guess it's official, the press release can be found on their website as of midnight tonight. All scheduled air service suspended, excepting the subcontracted ADI flying.

I'm sure I'm not the only parolee who cracked a can of the cheapest beer on hand at midnight. Hard to feel sad about the passing of a company with their business model, but my first 121 leg was in the right seat of a Beech from Denver to Telluride, and to say it was a humbling experience would be a gross understatement. All the luck in the world to those few stalwarts who still counted on the place to provide for their families.

sflpilot
03-27-2018, 03:11 AM
One of the first casualties of what we can only hope will be an end to the regionals altogether. Can’t wait to see nothing but mainline jets in the future.

m20cmark21
03-27-2018, 03:50 AM
The entire Trans States family sends its support to our industry colleagues at Great Lakes in light of the unfortunate news regarding the end of their scheduled service. Effective immediately, Great Lakes pilots and mechanics can forego the interview process and get an immediate class date.

Apply online now: https://bit.ly/2pJ1UYJ

"Fastest path to DEN"

PDTFlyer
03-27-2018, 04:01 AM
The entire Trans States family sends its support to our industry colleagues at Great Lakes in light of the unfortunate news regarding the end of their scheduled service. Effective immediately, Great Lakes pilots and mechanics can forego the interview process and get an immediate class date.

"Fastest path to DEN"

Vultures. Nice “gesture” although it looks a little desperate too.

itsmytime
03-27-2018, 06:11 AM
Vultures. Nice “gesture” although it looks a little desperate too.

Vultures is when the airline is on life support. After the doors have closed, it’s a lifeline.

WesternSkies
03-27-2018, 06:34 AM
In this market that is TSA desperation not solidarity. Business is business.

Bugaboo
03-27-2018, 07:36 AM
In this market that is TSA desperation not solidarity. Business is business.

Who cares what it is....I appreciate their gesture.

100LL
03-27-2018, 08:28 AM
Wouldn’t it be something if mainline had offered them jobs say United. Never would have happened but I’d thought it would be funny. I always get a kick out of other regional pilots whine over their company. This would have made jaws drop and whining would have gone up 400%.

hawk21
03-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Wouldn’t it be something if mainline had offered them jobs say United. Never would have happened but I’d thought it would be funny. I always get a kick out of other regional pilots whine over their company. This would have made jaws drop and whining would have gone up 400%.

United is hiring Luftansa program CFIs these days. They don't need Lakers.

BMEP100
03-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Pilot shortage offered as reason for shut down. Charters continue.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/wyoming-airline-suspends-most-operations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxbusiness%2Flatest%20%28I nternal%20-%20Latest%20News%20-%20Text%29https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/wyoming-airline-suspends-most-operations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxbusiness%2Flatest%20%28I nternal%20-%20Latest%20News%20-%20Text%29

BoldPilot
03-27-2018, 09:38 AM
from great lakes website

3/26/18
great lakes suspends scheduled flight operations
as a result, at midnight tonight – monday, 3/26/18, great lakes will suspend scheduled flight
operations as an air carrier.
although we are ceasing flight operations, it is important to note that the company has not
entered bankruptcy and will continue to operate certain segments of the business. We will
continue to support the adi flights operating between denver, pierre and watertown.
for those customers who are holding tickets on flights on/after 3/27/18, please contact your
original booking source for a refund.

the evil is dead!!!

gojo
03-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Vultures is when the airline is on life support. After the doors have closed, it’s a lifeline.

Lifeline??? Even a blind person could’ve seen the writing on the walls? This shouldn’t have caught anyone off guard

MKUltra
03-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Scumbags.. paying pilots poverty wages to earn experience... it was criminal.. And they should be thrown in jail...

FmrPropCapt
03-27-2018, 10:02 AM

"Fastest path to DEN"

That is truly a classy move. Seriously, a very good thing to do.

gojo
03-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Scumbags.. paying pilots poverty wages to earn experience... it was criminal.. And they should be thrown in jail...

Nobody had a gun to their head forcing them to apply. There is plenty of information out there for people to make an informed decision.

sflpilot
03-27-2018, 10:35 AM

No need to be whiny just be patient. The numbers are about halfway down the page.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/71998-mandatory-retirement-numbers-5.html

FreightDogs
03-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Ameriflight sends its support and well wishes to the employees affected by Great Lakes' recent announcement.

We are offering an accelerated application process with Ameriflight and the opportunity for an immediate class. Apply online now at www.ameriflight.com/careers (http://www.ameriflight.com/careers) or shoot me a PM or email me directly at [email protected] ([email protected]).

And if you fly somewhere else and are looking for a new airline family, feel free to apply or ask us questions as well.

veewan
03-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Pilot shortage offered as reason for shut down. Charters continue.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/wyoming-airline-suspends-most-operations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxbusiness%2Flatest%20%28I nternal%20-%20Latest%20News%20-%20Text%29https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/wyoming-airline-suspends-most-operations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20foxbusiness%2Flatest%20%28I nternal%20-%20Latest%20News%20-%20Text%29

I don't see the other regionals that pay more suspending operations. Maybe that's just my perspective, guess I'm not a journalist.

MKUltra
03-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Nobody had a gun to their head forcing them to apply. There is plenty of information out there for people to make an informed decision.

Trust me they suck young people in.. And than they go after them for the crappy training contract.. they are still trying to go after people that left, even today.. they are scumbags and helped the race to the bottom..

gojo
03-28-2018, 06:31 AM
Trust me they suck young people in.. And than they go after them for the crappy training contract.. they are still trying to go after people that left, even today.. they are scumbags and helped the race to the bottom..

There’s a lot wrong with this: first of all if pilots would quit going to these types of places they would be forced to either be competitive or they’re not going to be able staff. Secondly, the planes Lakes operated were old and a dying business model. Lakes has been going downhill for years, and I really believe that anyone that went there within the last few years or anyone that stayed knew the risks involved. Or at least they should’ve. The one thing that Lakes did was build solid pilots. They should land on their feet quickly

03-28-2018, 08:02 AM
If I could go back and do this all over again, I may have went to Great Lakes. That flying builds some great skills and the I have heard the crews were great. Building TPIC at a young age would have been more exciting than being a CFI too.

rickair7777
03-28-2018, 08:25 AM
If I could go back and do this all over again, I may have went to Great Lakes. That flying builds some great skills and the I have heard the crews were great. Building TPIC at a young age would have been more exciting than being a CFI too.

Everybody I flew with from lakes was good to go. But I only flew with the ones who graduated... SKW didn't hire failed Lakers. Big career risk.

zondaracer
03-28-2018, 08:30 AM
I know three pilots that were at Lakes when the doors closed the other day. Two don’t have 121 minimums. I’m sure they’ll find work but it was a hard blow that they could see coming.

A couple months ago, management floated rumors of investors and jets to try to keep pilots on property till the end. Good luck to all.

BluePAX
03-28-2018, 05:28 PM
I know three pilots that were at Lakes when the doors closed the other day. Two don’t have 121 minimums. I’m sure they’ll find work but it was a hard blow that they could see coming.

A couple months ago, management floated rumors of investors and jets to try to keep pilots on property till the end. Good luck to all.

Best of luck to them. The bottom feeding regionals already got a whif of blood in the water and got here fast with thinly veiled condolences. This is proof enough that they probably have a decent crack at the regionals/135 gigs which are actually competitive.

dera
03-28-2018, 10:47 PM

That was really disgusting. Everyone knew they were full of sh*t.

kevbo
03-29-2018, 02:37 AM
Aviation has been selling the pipe dream for longer than Ive been alive. Lots of people will happily pay for the privilege of flying. Hate the game not the players.

sflpilot
03-29-2018, 12:58 PM
There is no reasonable explanation as to why any of the lakers stayed there. It's pretty bad when at worst they could have left for Mesa or Gojet and it would have been a step up. I get the folks that did not have 121 minimums, but everyone else.

Baradium
03-30-2018, 04:02 PM
With the possible exception of the EAS in the state of Alaska.

I know this this from way back in the thread, but just for clarification, I'm not sure if there are even any EAS routes in Alaska. Places that really need service tend to get it since residents are forced to pay market price (and airlines are loath to accept EAS and in exchange have pricing regulated in that case).

zondaracer
03-30-2018, 04:46 PM
I know this this from way back in the thread, but just for clarification, I'm not sure if there are even any EAS routes in Alaska. Places that really need service tend to get it since residents are forced to pay market price (and airlines are loath to accept EAS and in exchange have pricing regulated in that case).

43 airport in Alaska receive EAS.

rickair7777
03-30-2018, 04:49 PM
There is no reasonable explanation as to why any of the lakers stayed there. It's pretty bad when at worst they could have left for Mesa or Gojet and it would have been a step up. I get the folks that did not have 121 minimums, but everyone else.

I think that's why they shut down...

minimwage4
03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Aren’t those planes like way past their service life?

Baradium
03-31-2018, 08:38 PM
43 airport in Alaska receive EAS.

Looked into it now.

I didn't see a list within the past year but it was funny seeing hub communities that have multiple airlines flying into them listed as EAS. Apparently they can classify for a size aircraft so the multiple airlines "don't count."

What a farce.