Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : More new cities and routes!

jegermeister
06-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Announced this morning, 28 new routes and 3 new cities.

Allegiant Announces 28 New Routes And Service From 3 New Cities With Fares As Low As $29 (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allegiant-announces-28-new-routes-and-service-from-3-new-cities-with-fares-as-low-as-29-300476299.html)

CAirBear
06-20-2017, 03:22 PM
The RDU-SJU is definitely interesting, considering neither is a base. It looks like it might be CVG crews go to RDU then SJU and overnight. I don't know how you can do it any other way and be legal. Also the IWA-PIE.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

crxpilot
06-20-2017, 03:53 PM
the rdu-sju is definitely interesting, considering neither is a base. It looks like it might be cvg crews go to rdu then sju and overnight. I don't know how you can do it any other way and be legal. Also the iwa-pie.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

sfb-rdu-sju-sfb and in reverse

Beretta01
06-20-2017, 04:57 PM

Interesting. One would think the overnights would be three leg trips... i.e CVG-IWA-OAK(etc...)

CAirBear
06-20-2017, 09:20 PM

Possibly, but I don't know.

I mean from ATL to SJU blocks at 3.5 hours. Not sure how long SFB - RDU turns are. I don't see how this is going to be covered as an inside turn, by anyone except, possibly, a CVG crew.

Either way it would be a ridiculously long day with no margin for delays.

P.S. I understand what your saying now. I thought you had SFB-RDU-SJU and then reverse the entire route back to RDU. Going back to SFB would probably work, yes.

CAirBear
06-20-2017, 09:24 PM
I find it kinda dumb we get the email, last night, about having one overnight, but then today they announce a bunch of new routes (which is great), yet don't tell us which route will have the overnight. 🤷*♂️

ecam
06-21-2017, 08:09 AM
I find it kinda dumb we get the email, last night, about having one overnight, but then today they announce a bunch of new routes (which is great), yet don't tell us which route will have the overnight. 🤷*♂️

I don't think it's "dumb" I think it's because they haven't worked it all out yet.

Personally, I appreciated the heads up email. That heads off the rumor and speculation mill, which is good for everyone.

That said, I hope overnight trips at Allegiant remain sparse and voluntary. If we start doing "regular" trips, we may as well go to SWA and take the $20-$30 more per hour. I think for most of us, the day trips are the biggest reason we work here.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1