Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Chances into corporate flying

Nutcracker
06-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Hello everyone, What are the chances for a low time pilot to possibly get hired in corporate flying job? (Ex. 1200TT with only 50multi time) Any info/advice greatly appreciated!

TiredSoul
06-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Smaller corporate flight departments will have higher insurance minimums as their negotiating power is less.
It's also a matter of who you know....

PerfInit
06-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Best route to this would be to seek an Internship or SIC (simulator seat fill) position at a Part 142 center like FSI. Frequently these folks get picked up by a Part 91 or 135 company that trains there. Great networking opportunity... Caution: Lots of "O-dark-thirty" 0000-0400 and 0400-0800 sim sessions... But it might be worthwhile if you don't have connections...

pilot0987
06-21-2017, 07:39 AM
There was a charter operator out of kbuf looking for an sic in a learjet 45 @900 hours. Dont know here name but it was on bizjetjobs.com

Nutcracker
06-22-2017, 03:37 AM
Thanks guys for the info!hopefully I can find somewhere closer to socal area.

Mink
06-22-2017, 07:05 AM

For SoCal, try AvJet at BUR. They may have some kind of SIC entry-level thing or some other means of getting a foot in the door. Go in with a resume and a good attitude and explain what it is you're trying to do. If they can't help, maybe they can point you toward a place that can. Good luck.

Mink
06-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Another thought - try ProFlight at Carlsbad. They have CJ3/4 sims, King Air as well, might be able to use you as a right seater for sim sessions.

http://www.trusimulation.com/training-centers/business-aviation-pilot-training/locations/proflight-carlsbad

Nutcracker
06-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Thanks much Mink! 🙂

sevenforseven
06-23-2017, 07:28 AM

Get your ATP. I agree with the FSI / SIC suggestion by the way, just don't expect to get a G650 job with your hours. Get on to an airframe that you know will be suited to someone with your level of experience (i.e. smaller jets).

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1