Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : APIS

runsky42
06-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Question I have for you guys. Our flight dept has a full time scheduler and this person currently does our APIS. Now somebody in the flight dept wants the PIC on the trip to do all the APIS paperwork and filing. So my question is does your scheduler or the PIC do the APIS paperwork and fling?

TapRack
06-26-2017, 06:07 PM
We have a scheduler; crews do all of the filing, eAPIS, etc.

Falcondrivr
06-27-2017, 05:46 AM
We have a scheduler who uses FltPlan.com's eapis service.

Lucky8888
06-27-2017, 05:27 PM
We have a scheduler that does everything.

RI830
06-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Question I have for you guys. Our flight dept has a full time scheduler and this person currently does our APIS. Now somebody in the flight dept wants the PIC on the trip to do all the APIS paperwork and filing. So my question is does your scheduler or the PIC do the APIS paperwork and fling?

Is this Harry's doing? Doing the eAPIS is really no big deal, but why would this task be placed upon the pilots when it's scheduling who takes the trip requests and all the passenger details.

Executive AirCare being passed onto the pilots too? IMHO, this should stay in scheduling hands with PIC coordination. It's not like EAS has that many international trips.

runsky42
06-29-2017, 02:40 PM
No I am not there anymore but wouldn't surprise me some day if he did.