Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Chief Pilot Unprofessional

SigHansen
06-27-2017, 11:19 AM
CPZ LAX Chief Pilot is out of line and no one at the airline seems to care. Company pilots get disciplined for being unprofessional and are held to a high-standard. But our "Leader" can be outrageously unprofessional and gets away with low-standards and disrespect. Help explain this Robert Gleason, Chief Operating Officer, to your employees?

Today's email:

Good Tuesday morning!

Would someone please turn off the blow torch in the left bottom corner of the USA!!! My home weather station, yes I am a nerd, melted yesterday as temps were 106 by midday!! Even uber drivers at LAX were sweating, and thatís on top of the rape allegations several were arrested for. Thanks to all of you who have been dealing with the heat in our operations and provided the best experience to our passengers!!

Another strong day for flight ops. We continue to see miscoded delays at some of our stations, so please keep the delay reports coming and accurate. Remember LAX Delta ramp frequency has changed to 131.450

VFR over most of our dancefloor. Our friends at SFO are slow dancing yet again, with a delay program in place. A bunch of clouds will build and move out of the Big Sky country, heading towards the Twin Cities. This may lead to some rough dancing later on and may see some twists and twerks.

Be safe, continue to focus on D0 and enjoy the office views!!

Friday's Email:
Good Friday morning!

Another good day yesterday for Flight Ops. There was an emergency shutdown around 1500 EDT of several of our computer systems and software. It appears our friends in North Korea or Russia, are again trying to see how we are operating so well. Donít worry, they are not trying to influence the resultsÖ The CTRL+ALT+DEL caused a few minor delays for flight releases and ATC clearances. Yesterday and unfortunately today, 2 aircraft still have expired NAV Database, 621 and 626. Please remember to verify your routes comply with the restrictions of the MEL. Also you may want to polish up on your dead reckoning skills.

Things are a little cooler out west today, instead of 149 degrees its 148, so positive movement. It got too hot in Las Vegas yesterday. I thought nothing could be hotter than Britney Spears in Las Vegas, but yesterday it was even hotter and we had several flights grounded. Looks like itís going to be a long hot summer.

Thanks again for the great performance. Keep the delay reports coming and remember to reference to your capped payloads for hot and high airports.

Aviator147
06-27-2017, 11:23 AM
So go to the union if you think no one cares......posting about it on here won't change anything either. God forbid theres a little humor on a internal company email that you just posted for all to see. Ever see the bottom of the email signature mentioning confidentiality? Talk about unprofessional...

SigHansen
06-27-2017, 11:27 AM
So go to the union if you think no one cares......posting about it on here won't change anything either. God forbid theres a little humor on a internal company email that you just posted for all to see. Ever see the bottom of the email signature mentioning confidentiality? Talk about unprofessional...

I dont work for the company anymore. So I dont need to.

filejw
06-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Looks to me like he hopes somebody up the road notices and he gets hired as a writer. More likely some one from your head office boots him back to line flying as he is real close to just plain stupid to write those things into a company memo.

AirBat
06-27-2017, 11:43 AM
On top of the Skypest emails this is just the latest embarrassment. EXTREMELY unprofessional and really makes me question judgement... this person is in charge of a lot of decisions.
If we did the same thing, we'd be fired in a heartbeat.

mpet
06-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Posting an internal email from a company you're no longer at to a place where ANYONE can read it is pretty darn unprofessional dude.
That said... Its certainly not the type of humor I find particularly funny, in fact I find it slightly cringeworthy but I'm sure there are some out there who appreciate it. Let the company that you're no longer at handle it.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Exactly what I expect from an operation such as COMPASS AIRLINeS.

mpet
06-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Exactly what I expect from an operation such as COMPASS AIRLINeS.

Exactly what kind of operation is COMPASS AIRLINeS?

What were you trying to highlight with everything in caps minus the 'e' ?

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm srying this should be Expected from a shady operation like the one you work for.

Sieve
06-27-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm srying this should be Expected from a shady operation like the one you work for.

Pls don't feed this troll.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 12:20 PM
how am I a troll by pointing out UNPROFESSIONAL this airlines operates.

mpet
06-27-2017, 12:25 PM
how am I a troll by pointing out UNPROFESSIONAL this airlines operates.

You're the first I've seen describe compass as 'shady.' I know of actual shady operations and Compass is far from that. Sounds personal to me and I can only guess as to why.

miker1
06-27-2017, 12:28 PM
If you don't work here why do you give damn?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 12:42 PM
You're the first I've seen describe compass as 'shady.' I know of actual shady operations and Compass is far from that. Sounds personal to me and I can only guess as to why.

Nothing personal amigo. Just an observation.

NeverFlexTO
06-27-2017, 12:43 PM
CPZ LAX Chief Pilot is out of line and no one at the airline seems to care. Company pilots get disciplined for being unprofessional and are held to a high-standard. But our "Leader" can be outrageously unprofessional and gets away with low-standards and disrespect. Help explain this Robert Gleason, Chief Operating Officer, to your employees?

Today's email:

Good Tuesday morning!

Would someone please turn off the blow torch in the left bottom corner of the USA!!! My home weather station, yes I am a nerd, melted yesterday as temps were 106 by midday!! Even uber drivers at LAX were sweating, and thatís on top of the rape allegations several were arrested for. Thanks to all of you who have been dealing with the heat in our operations and provided the best experience to our passengers!!

Another strong day for flight ops. We continue to see miscoded delays at some of our stations, so please keep the delay reports coming and accurate. Remember LAX Delta ramp frequency has changed to 131.450

VFR over most of our dancefloor. Our friends at SFO are slow dancing yet again, with a delay program in place. A bunch of clouds will build and move out of the Big Sky country, heading towards the Twin Cities. This may lead to some rough dancing later on and may see some twists and twerks.

Friday's Email:
Good Friday morning!

Another good day yesterday for Flight Ops. There was an emergency shutdown around 1500 EDT of several of our computer systems and software. It appears our friends in North Korea or Russia, are again trying to see how we are operating so well. Donít worry, they are not trying to influence the resultsÖ The CTRL+ALT+DEL caused a few minor delays for flight releases and ATC clearances. Yesterday and unfortunately today, 2 aircraft still have expired NAV Database, 621 and 626. Please remember to verify your routes comply with the restrictions of the MEL. Also you may want to polish up on your dead reckoning skills.

Things are a little cooler out west today, instead of 149 degrees its 148, so positive movement. It got too hot in Las Vegas yesterday. I thought nothing could be hotter than Britney Spears in Las Vegas, but yesterday it was even hotter and we had several flights grounded. Looks like itís going to be a long hot summer.

Thanks again for the great performance. Keep the delay reports coming and remember to reference to your capped payloads for hot and high airports.

No offense but airing the company's dirty laundry on a public forum isn't very professional either...I'm sure it will be handled internally appropriately

mpet
06-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Nothing personal amigo. Just an observation.

Nobody cares about your anecdotes amigo. Spend more time becoming literate and less time in compass threads.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 12:47 PM
I wanted to work at the COMPASS AIRLINES, but then you guys lost aircraft and the recruiters started being really shady to me. Im really glad I did not sign on with you because of things like this. Unprofessional, and the future seems very foggy.

Sieve
06-27-2017, 12:58 PM
I wanted to work at the COMPASS AIRLINES, but then you guys lost aircraft and the recruiters started being really shady to me. Im really glad I did not sign on with you because of things like this. Unprofessional, and the future seems very foggy.

Your post history indicates you wanted to work at COMPASS AIRLINES as recently as April this year. If I recall correctly, the news of COMPASS AIRLINES losing airplanes was released in December last year. It wasn't enough of a red flag then? I'm starting to think you didn't make it past our interview process.

This place isn't perfect, but the people here are generally good people who want to put in their time professionally and safely, and then move on in their careers.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 01:11 PM
because your recruiters lied for 4 months. "Edwin classes starting soon" blah blah. The interview was simple easy. I might be ESL but not a dummy.

Poser765
06-27-2017, 01:20 PM
because your recruiters lied for 4 months. "Edwin classes starting soon" blah blah. The interview was simple easy. I might be ESL but not a dummy.but Edwin, classes are running now. How exactly were you lied to? 3 or 4 months, in my book, counts as soon.

On topic. The hell am I supposed to be mad at? I get it, his sense of humor may not be for everyone, but that's as far as I would take it. The thread just stinks of someone trying really hard to be ****ed. Find a hobby, man. Go outside and play.

Also Sig, you should feel pretty concerned that you can talk about someone else's professionalism while publicity posting an internal memo.

SigHansen
06-27-2017, 02:13 PM
And I should care? LAX CP is a piece of ____. I left cus of him. Friend's don't like him either. Something has to be done. So here I am being unprofessional.

mpet
06-27-2017, 02:19 PM
And I should care? LAX CP is a piece of ____. I left cus of him. Friend's don't like him either. Something has to be done. So here I am being unprofessional.

Yeah but not liking someone isn't exactly cause for you to act unproffesional. As somebody pointed out, creating this thread accomplishes nothing but make you look unproffesional as well. I'm sure there is a better approach to this and you know it.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 02:21 PM
I think it makes him look professional and shines a lite on the company that new hires thinking of signing on to COMPASS AIRLINEs should see. Very good information.

Work2much
06-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Don't worry guys. These two pieces of work are 1)jealous that he didn't get hired here 2)jaded that he got fired/forced out/got in trouble by said Cp

Theres nothing you can say to make them like Compass so how about you just ignore them?

I agree it's pretty unprofessional to post an internal email listed as confidential only to be seen by those on the email list. It's unethical and speaks to the poster's integrity.

Is the CP unprofessional for saying those things? I cringed when I read the word "rape" in the email so that was weird. But other than that, in my option, it's his sad attempt at being funny. That's it.

JetDoc
06-27-2017, 02:33 PM

Well I have never had a problem with him and he has helped out a time or two getting time off when I needed it and had exhausted all other options but then again I show up on time, don't call in sick and I wear my hat.

Agent62
06-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the half-hearted apology Andy.

Av8rPHX
06-27-2017, 03:21 PM
This place isn't perfect, but the people here are generally good people who want to put in their time professionally and safely, and then move on in their careers.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fpmx772
06-27-2017, 03:32 PM

If you don't work here anymore then why do you care what he puts in his emails. It's not your problem and I honestly don't mind what he said. This thread proves that today's generation is a bounce of Sally's! Grow up a little people and move out of mom and dads basement

WesternSkies
06-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Well I have never had a problem with him and he has helped out a time or two getting time off when I needed it and had exhausted all other options but then again I show up on time, don't call in sick and I wear my hat.

Either you are marvel of the human species or you admitting to piloting the American public while unfit for duty. :)

Poser765
06-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Is the CP unprofessional for saying those things? I cringed when I read the word "rape" in the email so that was weird. But other than that, in my option, it's his sad attempt at being funny. That's it.Why, though? The word rape isn't bad in of itself. The joke itself was at the expense of uber drivers...not rape victims.

swoosh
06-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Why, though? The word rape isn't bad in of itself. The joke itself was at the expense of uber drivers...not rape victims.

Just couple of pansies complaining.

EdwinR
06-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Joking about rape and making fun of uber drivers is highly offensive. A airline boss should not be taking part in this kind of behavior.

sailingfun
06-27-2017, 05:02 PM

Then why do you care?

Poser765
06-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Joking about rape and making fun of uber drivers is highly offensive. A airline boss should not be taking part in this kind of behavior.Ok. I disagree, but if you said it is then I guess it is. Shoot, I hate being wrong. Either way...let's move on. This is a Compass Issue. What's a Compass Issue? Well, it's something that someone loses their mind over that really has no relevancy to literally anything that we should focus our concerns on.

Fpmx772
06-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Joking about rape and making fun of uber drivers is highly offensive. A airline boss should not be taking part in this kind of behavior.

He wasn't joking about the victims, only the suspects in that rape comment. If your too sensitive to see that then GTFO of here!

NeverFlexTO
06-27-2017, 07:06 PM
He wasn't joking about the victims, only the suspects in that rape comment. If your too sensitive to see that then GTFO of here!

I agree with you guys, but I also think in today's age freedom of speech really doesn't hold any weight. Society gets all butt hurt if someone says a word that people associate with something bad. It's like school kids behaving if they get cooties...

With that being said, the chief pilots office at any airline, should be regarded as the most professional, most knowledgeable, and best decision makers at the airline. Lead by example as they say...I think there was poor judgement used here in an attempt to be funny (know your audience, as I've flown with some pilots here that do Uber on the side) Company emails are just that, stuff to do with the company, and making any reference to rape as humor in any contest shows poor judgement with the way society is today. I'm glad he showed demeanor in issuing an apology...we all make mistakes, we are human after all.

I've enjoyed AO's updates, they've made me laugh, but I'm guessing they'll start sticking to the facts and the rah rah go team, from now on...

Da40Pilot
06-27-2017, 09:57 PM

Wait wait wait, you LEFT because of him? Are you saying you resigned because of our CP? I know he was calling you out indirectly on company E-mails and hinting he knew where you lived but then again you were blasting him on this forum in front of everyone. I sure hope I misunderstood you when you said you left because of him - I am assuming you didn't make use of our union for any issues and decided to leave anyway?

I didn't take offense to the rape line at all. With that being said, I cringe every time that guy sends those daily e-mails. He thinks he's funny but he tries too hard and is not funny at all, not one bit. He's a nice guy, never had a major issue with him professionally, but he's just trying way too hard to be liked and he's trying way too hard to be funny - it's never worked, at least for me, but, I give him props for trying.

If it is a company E-mail, I will read it because it's part of my job - I don't need anyone making fun of anything to keep me entertainment while I scroll through the AOS notices and MELs.

I would personally prefer communications from the CP office remain professional and official. The Skypest e-mails, in my opinion were so childish and immature and completely unprofessional. Made us look really really bad. But hey, if nobody from the top cares they're doing it....I guess neither should we.

Maingear
06-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Many people tend to lose touch that our time here is temporary. This is a short term job. No reason to get wrapped around the axle about small stuff. 90% of us will be out in 3 years or less. Personally, my goal is to have fun and keep my head down and get out asap. No reason to get caught up in high school drama.

Activatenav
06-27-2017, 10:45 PM
Many people tend to lose touch that our time here is temporary. This is a short term job. No reason to get wrapped around the axle about small stuff. 90% of us will be out in 3 years or less. Personally, my goal is to have fun and keep my head down and get out asap. No reason to get caught up in high school drama.

This right here ^^^^

middies10
06-27-2017, 10:53 PM

This place is nothing but high school drama. Relationships blah blah....i'm offended blah blah blah.....he/she said this blah blah blah. Our job is so damn easy and this kind of stuff is a waste of energy.

All that being said, I love working here. Its a night and day difference than my last airline and enjoy my layovers with the crews. Honestly.....I'll miss this stuff once I move on, minus the drama.

TillerTemptress
06-27-2017, 11:33 PM
It's simple, if I made those kinds of jokes in front of customers I'd be gone. Set an example.

GreatBigSea
06-28-2017, 03:23 AM
If it really offends folks then hopefully they filed a complaint with HR instead of just posting on here to play the victim.

bababouey
06-28-2017, 03:36 AM
Unprofessional? GMAFB, my preacher tells dirtier jokes.

Lvlng4Spd
06-28-2017, 05:18 AM

This 1000%

I say If one can't handle a little humor without being offended then go hide in your "safe space" and give up this career. Good luck in a mainline cockpit with the "professional" campaign. One can be a professional and a leader and still have an off-color side. It's called levity, and it should have a place in what we do.

JetDoc
06-28-2017, 06:58 AM
I suppose we'll be getting crayons and coloring books in the crewroom any day now.

Maingear
06-28-2017, 08:14 AM
More like diapers and pacifiers.

gojo
06-28-2017, 08:24 AM

Oh, so that makes it ok huh? People in leadership positions need to be sensitive in today's times. It's called being politically correct.

Packrat
06-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Oh, so that makes it ok huh? People in leadership positions need to be sensitive in today's times. It's called being politically correct.

Actually, its called respecting the rights of other people to hold different opinions, worship in other religions and have different shades of skin color.

gojo
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Actually, its called respecting the rights of other people to hold different opinions, worship in other religions and have different shades of skin color.

Well however you want to word it is up to you. But people in leadership positions should be a good example. This is the same crap that gets Trump in trouble all the time. And most people don't tolerate that very well either.

Packrat
06-28-2017, 01:37 PM
. This is the same crap that gets Trump in trouble all the time. And most people don't tolerate that very well either.

His demographic LOVES it.

gearcrankr
06-28-2017, 02:25 PM

Thank you so much for your resignation. Move on with your life.

In the mean time, grab the semen soaked towel next to your bed and

wipe away the tears.

PositveRate
06-28-2017, 02:57 PM
"When did sticks and stones may break my bones stop being relevant...?" - Steve Hughes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

No Land 3
06-28-2017, 03:09 PM
I think he should make some YouTube videos

name10135
06-29-2017, 08:50 AM
I enjoy sh!t-talking as much as the next pilot, and know the difference between a good-natured ribbing and a joke with ill-intent behind it. That being said:

1. When you are promoted to leadership roles you represent your company in both an external and internal way.

2. Using humor is a two edge-ed sword. It can boost morale, but if taken too far it can just as easily destroy morale.

3. If you haven't figured it out already, discussing sex, religion, or politics at work is akin to walking on thin ice. There are plenty of different conversation topics on which everyone can find common ground. (Talk about work, work, work, CONTRACT, work, work...)

4. If you endorse such behavior & language, then I suggest you use that humor in your next interview. Let us know how far that takes you.

Finally 5.) What the H3LL are you doing talking favorably about such discussions on a PUBLIC web-forum?!?! I've seen people fired in this industry, at this level, for what can be traced back to them on-line. It's your life, I'm not going to stop you from publishing ill-advised opinions online, and you might get away with it, but eventually that risky behavior (like continuing an approach beyond the MAP when nothing is in sight) eventually will come back to bite you.

Smutter
06-29-2017, 09:33 AM

You probably also like, no clapping Sundays in youth sports, participation awards, and pink drinks from Starbucks. Get over it, "just because something offends you, doesn't mean it's offensive".

Agent62
06-29-2017, 11:10 AM
You probably also like, no clapping Sundays in youth sports, participation awards, and pink drinks from Starbucks. Get over it, "just because something offends you, doesn't mean it's offensive".

The irony of your offense to his offense and this quote is not lost on me.

gojo
06-29-2017, 11:37 AM

The thing is we're not all cut from the same mold. What is offensive to some may not be to others. It's best just to stay neutral. Especially for someone in management

EdwinR
06-29-2017, 05:42 PM
"just because something offends you, doesn't mean it's offensive".

jajajajjajajajaj.

If I were looking to chose regional right now I would definitely consider the childish behavior of the supervisor pilot and the pilot group itself. Seems like professionalism is not very common at COMPASS AIRLINES.

Flip69
06-29-2017, 06:00 PM
because your recruiters lied for 4 months. "Edwin classes starting soon" blah blah. The interview was simple easy. I might be ESL but not a dummy.

I think he works here at Skywest and has no ideas how bad things are about to get.....

EdwinR
06-29-2017, 07:34 PM
You mean when we get 130 airplanes and I upgrade to CAPT ASAP while my friends who chose COMPASS AIRLINES are still on FO reserve if the airline even exists after we take all the DL flying in 2018.

Poser765
06-29-2017, 08:09 PM
You mean when we get 130 airplanes and I upgrade to CAPT ASAP while my friends who chose COMPASS AIRLINES are still on FO reserve if the airline even exists after we take all the DL flying in 2018.dang, guys, with all the rumors how have missed the "skybest is taking our flying next year" one?

N200NN
06-29-2017, 08:28 PM
You mean when we get 130 airplanes and I upgrade to CAPT ASAP while my friends who chose COMPASS AIRLINES are still on FO reserve if the airline even exists after we take all the DL flying in 2018.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/im/ONektw4.jpg?1

zondaracer
06-29-2017, 10:16 PM

Dude, seriously not cool. I work at SkyWest as well, but there's no proof we are getting any new planes, and if we do, there's no proof that we are taking flying from Compass, and it's not our flying to take, and even if we do get flying at the expense of Compass, it's not cool to gloat about it. We work for different airlines but really, we are all on the same team here.

Sieve
06-30-2017, 07:45 AM
jajajajjajajajaj.

If I were looking to chose regional right now I would definitely consider the childish behavior of the supervisor pilot and the pilot group itself. Seems like professionalism is not very common at COMPASS AIRLINES.

If your conduct on this forum is anything close to what you consider "professionalism," then I consider your comment to be a compliment, and I thank you.

EdwinR
06-30-2017, 07:51 AM
If your conduct on this forum is anything close to what you consider "professionalism," then I consider your comment to be a compliment, and I thank you.

You probably also like, no clapping Sundays in youth sports, participation awards, and pink drinks from Starbucks. Get over it, "just because something isn't professional to you, doesn't mean it's not professional."

Sieve
06-30-2017, 07:57 AM
You probably also like, no clapping Sundays in youth sports, participation awards, and pink drinks from Starbucks. Get over it, "just because something isn't professional to you, doesn't mean it's not professional."

D'oh you got me! You must have found all of the "likes" on my Facebook page. I'm not a huge fan of pink drinks from Starbucks, but generally the more syllables I can fit into my Starbucks order, the better I feel about myself.

You're correct that I don't consider bashing a whole other pilot group's professionalism to be professional. If I'm the only one in this profession that feels that way, then I will be truly surprised and disappointed.

EdwinR
06-30-2017, 08:13 AM
You're correct that I don't consider bashing a whole other pilot group's professionalism to be professional.

But rape and uber jokes and calling girls hot in a company email by an airline BOSS is professional.

You are very funny my friend.

Poser765
06-30-2017, 08:18 AM
But rape and uber jokes and calling girls hot in a company email by an airline BOSS is professional.

You are very funny my friend.
Jesus, pilots are dweebs.

Tailfloatski
06-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Dude, seriously not cool. I work at SkyWest as well, but there's no proof we are getting any new planes, and if we do, there's no proof that we are taking flying from Compass, and it's not our flying to take, and even if we do get flying at the expense of Compass, it's not cool to gloat about it. We work for different airlines but really, we are all on the same team here.

^^^
And that's precisely the spirit of our profession that I personally also like to uphold. Thank you, brother/sister!

Sieve
06-30-2017, 09:33 AM
^^^
And that's precisely the spirit of our profession that I personally also like to uphold. Thank you, brother/sister!

I'm pleased that at least 90% of the regional/FFD pilots I encounter seem to feel the same way.

AnotherWriter
06-30-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm pleased that at least 90% of the regional/FFD pilots I encounter seem to feel the same way.

We are all on the same team, however all our companies are stuck in a washing machine on a spin cycle. All we can do is hope for the best for one another because at the end of the day we all turned a silly childhood dream or hobby into a career.

gojo
06-30-2017, 10:35 AM

And it's unfortunate how quickly one of the 10% can get under some of the 90% with talk of getting their airplanes

zrls124
06-30-2017, 10:56 AM

Today's email:

Good Tuesday morning!

Would someone please turn off the blow torch in the left bottom corner of the USA!!! My home weather station, yes I am a nerd, melted yesterday as temps were 106 by midday!! Even uber drivers at LAX were sweating, and that’s on top of the rape allegations several were arrested for. Thanks to all of you who have been dealing with the heat in our operations and provided the best experience to our passengers!!

Friday's Email:
Good Friday morning!

Another good day yesterday for Flight Ops. There was an emergency shutdown around 1500 EDT of several of our computer systems and software. It appears our friends in North Korea or Russia, are again trying to see how we are operating so well. Don’t worry, they are not trying to influence the results… The CTRL+ALT+DEL caused a few minor delays for flight releases and ATC clearances. Yesterday and unfortunately today, 2 aircraft still have expired NAV Database, 621 and 626. Please remember to verify your routes comply with the restrictions of the MEL. Also you may want to polish up on your dead reckoning skills.

Things are a little cooler out west today, instead of 149 degrees its 148, so positive movement. It got too hot in Las Vegas yesterday. I thought nothing could be hotter than Britney Spears in Las Vegas, but yesterday it was even hotter and we had several flights grounded. Looks like it’s going to be a long hot summer.

I don't know what your obsession is with AO, but if you really wanted to solve this issue you would have taken it up with the system chief pilot or management, not post an internal communication on a public forum. This is something else for you, and it is anything but professional. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I am glad you no longer work here, it really does not seem like you fit in with this hard working professional pilot group who solves problems through appropriate channels not through airing dirty laundry on an online forum. Good luck.

Flip69
06-30-2017, 11:57 AM

Shows your level of intelligence when you think that this is a good thing. Adding airplanes to a commuter airline is not a good thing. It's bad. But luckily for you, it ain't happening. But not so lucky for you, you will still be stuck at a commuter airline for a loonnnng time. So be prepared.

sleepy1456
06-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Shows your level of intelligence when you think that this is a good thing. Adding airplanes to a commuter airline is not a good thing. It's bad. But luckily for you, it ain't happening. But not so lucky for you, you will still be stuck at a commuter airline for a loonnnng time. So be prepared.

Well said.

Fpmx772
06-30-2017, 02:13 PM

You my friend are a confirmed cool-aid drinker! Just looking at your post history, you inquired about working for us as recent as April. Clearly your a new hire at OO and dream of the day you get your "fast upgrade" in a POS 200 in chicago while you sit on RSV as the plug for 2 years. Don't be mad at any CPZ pilot or our company for that matter because you didn't make the cut during the basic phone interview. Please go back to the OO thread and pass your drink onto your other fine and professional "mainline" pilots over there. Carry on!

EdwinR
06-30-2017, 09:02 PM
JaJaja. Pay agreement passed. Hello new airplanes!!!!!!!!!!

AnotherWriter
07-01-2017, 05:06 AM

I can't believe someone actually hired you somewhere.

tunes
07-01-2017, 06:42 AM

grats on your 1% raise.

sparrowhawk
07-01-2017, 08:43 AM

LOL OO is parking planes every day... am I the only one that senses the irony to this guy and his posts? With the 2 for 1 deal for the 175's with their 200's their fleet continues to shrink.

I think Skywest should start to defend how they are parking their own airplanes instead of taking others flying. After CP takes the Skywest crewroom in SEA I think they will quiet down a bit. Or they will just drink more capped beer. Jajaja Zion curtain!!

TalkTurkey
07-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Reading the entirety of this thread, 15% of you are witty, 10% seem deadbeats, 50% are half-wits, and 25% are dim-witted. Just kidding, mates. All I want to know is, what became of the chief pilot in LAX? Is he gone or still writing some funny-yet-ridiculously-unprofessional emails?

TalkTurkey
07-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Also, I believe the opening poster stated that he had left Compass due to the chief pilot? If so, that contains the hallmarks of a small-minded individual whom can not control the dominance of his emotions.

AirBat
07-01-2017, 09:40 AM
I nominate this for worst forum thread all around.

AnotherWriter
07-01-2017, 10:44 AM
LOL OO is parking planes every day... am I the only one that senses the irony to this guy and his posts? With the 2 for 1 deal for the 175's with their 200's their fleet continues to shrink.

OO is pulling 200s out of the desert to fly for AA...

VIRotate
07-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Ok this EdwinR guy is seriously an idiot. 1. Stop capitalizing Compass Airlines. I understand that you don't speak English well but we are not an acronym. 2. You are really making Skywest look bad. We all know who you work for and I'm guessing Edwin is your first name and R is the beginning of your last or middle. That being said, I'm going to to talk to my Skywest friends and check the seniority list for a relatively new hire named Edwin that has either an R in the beginning of your last or middle name. Edwin isn't a common name so it shouldn't be too hard to find. And judging by your "jaja", I'll bet your last name is of Latin descent. Seriously debating emailing screenshots of your BS to your company. See how well that goes as a new hire on probation. You are a ****-poor representative of their company. I'm sorry you got rejected from Compass, but the trolling needs to end. Its unbecoming and really unprofessional.

Of course I'm not actually going to do this because frankly I don't care enough and it's the internet, but seriously bud, act like an adult.

EdwinR
07-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Ok this EdwinR guy is seriously an idiot. 1. Stop capitalizing Compass Airlines. I understand that you don't speak English well but we are not an acronym. 2. You are really making Skywest look bad. We all know who you work for and I'm guessing Edwin is your first name and R is the beginning of your last or middle. That being said, I'm going to to talk to my Skywest friends and check the seniority list for a relatively new hire named Edwin that has either an R in the beginning of your last or middle name. Edwin isn't a common name so it shouldn't be too hard to find. And judging by your "jaja", I'll bet your last name is of Latin descent. Seriously debating emailing screenshots of your BS to your company. See how well that goes as a new hire on probation. You are a ****-poor representative of their company. I'm sorry you got rejected from Compass, but the trolling needs to end. Its unbecoming and really unprofessional.

Of course I'm not actually going to do this because frankly I don't care enough and it's the internet, but seriously bud, act like an adult.

I'm going to tell papa on you too,,,,jajajajajjajaj.

VIRotate
07-01-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm going to tell papa on you too,,,,jajajajajjajaj.

Clearly you missed the last part of my post. Lord your stupidity is quite astounding. It really is amazing someone hired you.

zondaracer
07-01-2017, 01:11 PM

I already looked this guy up. No recent hires named Edwin. Total troll or else hasn't even started class yet. Or using a screen name that doesn't match his real name.

VIRotate
07-01-2017, 01:25 PM
I already looked this guy up. No recent hires named Edwin. Total troll or else hasn't even started class yet. Or using a screen name that doesn't match his real name.

Glad someone did lol. I'm guessing troll. Hell I doubt a guy like that could get on to Skyweezy. Maybe Mesa...

EdwinR
07-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Middle name mr. inspector gagdget.

Turbosina
07-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Clearly you missed the last part of my post. Lord your stupidity is quite astounding. It really is amazing someone hired you.

He's a troll. Nobody at OO is this idiotic. Quit feeding him...

Duesenflieger
07-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Exactly. We should all stand united against the proliferation of regional flying. For which regional we work should not matter: our enemy is the regionals growing back in strength.

Cpstorm
07-16-2017, 04:39 PM
What happened to all the funny light hearted daily updates?
Sig would you know anything about that? Isn't it great that in our hopefully short time here we can't even enjoy ourselves oh well...

poorflyer
07-16-2017, 04:43 PM
AO said a word that violated people's safe spaces so now he just plays it safe and doesn't write anything.

WingedCelt
08-02-2017, 06:52 PM
@SigHansen,

Good riddance. I hope that at one point in your miserable existence, you stop being the Prince of Oxygen Thieves, and take a moment or two for some introspection. You desperately need it, as the words "professionalism, aviator, and coworker" clearly do not exist in your lexicon. Whoever hired you, I hope for your sake you chill out and get on an even keel, because your antics here at Compass probably won't serve you well at the next place.

EdwinR, you are one sad, strange little man. As many have pointed out, you have a lot of issues to sort through. Good luck.

Reference to the OP and AO: that specific individual has helped more times than I have seen him bombast someone. I also agree he tries too hard to be funny, but I appreciate his humor. He's playing it safe and its a bummer.

gojo
08-03-2017, 02:08 AM
@SigHansen,

Good riddance. I hope that at one point in your miserable existence, you stop being the Prince of Oxygen Thieves, and take a moment or two for some introspection. You desperately need it, as the words "professionalism, aviator, and coworker" clearly do not exist in your lexicon. Whoever hired you, I hope for your sake you chill out and get on an even keel, because your antics here at Compass probably won't serve you well at the next place.

EdwinR, you are one sad, strange little man. As many have pointed out, you have a lot of issues to sort through. Good luck.

Reference to the OP and AO: that specific individual has helped more times than I have seen him bombast someone. I also agree he tries too hard to be funny, but I appreciate his humor. He's playing it safe and its a bummer.

Jeez, pot meet kettle. How can you in good conscience heckle someone for heckling others? Judging others is a tough job

VIRotate
08-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Jeez, pot meet kettle. How can you in good conscience heckle someone for heckling others? Judging others is a tough job

Can't speak for Sighansen but EdwinR really is an idiot. Most likely just a troll because you can't be THAT stupid and fly a jet. The "jajaja" thing at the end is another reason we need that wall.

EdwinR
08-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Can't speak for Sighansen but EdwinR really is an idiot. Most likely just a troll because you can't be THAT stupid and fly a jet. The "jajaja" thing at the end is another reason we need that wall.

Wow. I would like to quote this message to show how racist and insensitive the pilots of COmPASS airlines really are. How dare you be such a judge of people based of your racist feeling.

VIRotate
08-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Wow. I would like to quote this message to show how racist and insensitive the pilots of COmPASS airlines really are. How dare you be such a judge of people based of your racist feeling.

Sorry forgot my trigger warning. Oops.

Last time I checked border security isn't racist. You really are an idiot. :rolleyes:

veewan
08-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Sorry forgot my trigger warning. Oops.

Last time I checked border security isn't racist. You really are an idiot. :rolleyes:

Don't feed the troll. Edwin obviously lives in the basement.

Check Complete
08-05-2017, 06:36 AM

We really do need the wall, then if we could then throw out all the towel heads?

VIRotate
08-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Don't feed the troll. Edwin obviously lives in the basement.

No doubt. The funny part is that I think I genuinely triggered the troll on that last one. It just felt so right haha. Anyways yeah I should probably stop feeding him regardless.

veewan
08-05-2017, 11:38 AM
No doubt. The funny part is that I think I genuinely triggered the troll on that last one. It just felt so right haha. Anyways yeah I should probably stop feeding him regardless.

I think you did :D

WingedCelt
08-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Gojo,

I have problems calling a spade a spade when I see one. But it takes a special kind of stupid to post an internal communication that has an SSI and official use only, online, with your name attached to it. It's like robbing a bank and using your own car for the getaway vehicle . And something I'm sure can and will be prosecuted or at the very least passed on to appropriate people.

So, sure, you can call me a pot. Label I'll happily take. Your opinion of me has no bearing on how I live my life, and not only that, I bet your a blast on overnights!

Stay salty buddy.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1