Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New hire proof of resignation

ROFF
07-08-2017, 04:21 PM
For those who have been in class recently, what (if any) kind of proof did you need to provide to show you have resigned from your previous job?

My company can be a bit eh, "slow" in processing this kind of thing.

Thanks

Bobby
07-08-2017, 04:41 PM
I didn't provide anything. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth at FL450
07-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I was asked for and provided nothing to show I'd resigned

at6d
07-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Nothing.

They will call references from previous flying employment, so be ready for that.

Twinjetav8r
07-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Nothing.

They will call references from previous flying employment, so be ready for that.

What do they ask them?

ROFF
07-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Thats for the initial background check/reference call?

Ive been offered a class date in August so I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I show up.

The company I work for at present can be a bit uncooperative when it comes to resignations.

Psycho18th
07-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Thats for the initial background check/reference call?

Ive been offered a class date in August so I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I show up.

The company I work for at present can be a bit uncooperative when it comes to resignations.

100% opinion to follow, as I don't start training until 1 August: Luckily, we live in America, where a company doesn't get a say in when you quit. I'd write out a resignation letter, and send it certified mail to the company's business address. Bring a copy of the letter and the mail receipt just in case SWA cares.

Not so easy to quit the federal government in America, which is why I don't start training until August...

flyguy81
07-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Believe the only thing they can ask your current employer is the dates you were employed and if you're currently employed. Anything else beyond that requires your consent.

ZapBrannigan
07-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Believe the only thing they can ask your current employer is the dates you were employed and if you're currently employed. Anything else beyond that requires your consent.

They can also ask if you are eligible for re-hire.

at6d
07-10-2017, 08:31 AM
What do they ask them?

Basically just enough to verify the employment and whether or not you would be hired again.

Some people don't realize that they will call or feel that the call will jeopardize their current employment.

flyguy81
07-10-2017, 11:19 AM
They can also ask if you are eligible for re-hire.

True. Forgot about that ?

ASI215
09-30-2017, 04:45 PM

Any idea when swa starts calling the current employer? I would think that it would be after a successful interview is that correct?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1