Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : KC130 crashes in Mississippi

MD11FLYER
07-10-2017, 06:20 PM
God Bless all that were involved .. I pray none of our FedEx brothers of sisters were onboard

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials-military-plane-crashes-killing-least-5-dead-001336104.html

MacGuy2
07-11-2017, 04:34 AM
Sadly the count is up to 16 dead now. Rest in Peace my friends.

MG2

MaydayMark
07-11-2017, 10:08 AM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-military-plane-that-crashed-carried-specialized-personnel-equipment-1499794588

:mad:

MaydayMark
07-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Fifteen Marines, one Navy Corpsman killed in Mississippi plane c - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS (http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/35851293/press-conference-held-on-deadly-military-plane-crash)

Dougdrvr
07-12-2017, 08:46 AM
We all know how unreliable eye witness reports are, but it sure sounds like it came down minus a wing?

WhiskeyDelta
07-12-2017, 10:21 AM
We all know how unreliable eye witness reports are, but it sure sounds like it came down minus a wing?

It looks like from the crash video in the link above, it impacted with both wings attached. Whether one or both wings were structurally sound is the big question.

Does it look like it's resting upside down?

MaydayMark
07-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Looking at the wreckage ... it looks like much of the airplane is at the crash site. I've seen news reports saying that parts were found up to 2 miles away?

atpcliff
07-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Heard via tv that eyewitness said heard explosion, looked up and saw engine trailing smoke, then it crashed...

RIP...

Dakota
07-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Looking at the wreckage ... it looks like much of the airplane is at the crash site. I've seen news reports saying that parts were found up to 2 miles away?

You really need a hobby. Maybe one that doesn't involve the internet.

Rock
07-12-2017, 08:10 PM
?
You post that on an Internet forum for professional pilots? Most of us have lost close friends in aircraft wrecks. Mark's comments aren't accusatory or disrespectful. Just a simple observation regarding a horrible incident that we all unfortunately can identify with.

busdriver12
07-12-2017, 08:44 PM
I also am confused at that comment. Of course we're interested, of course we care. All of us have lost friends and sometimes family. We want to know why this happened. This is close and personal to all of us.

I feel terrible for their families.

MaydayMark
07-13-2017, 08:34 AM

I've been to ALPA, USAF & USN Accident Investigation schools. I sincerely apologize if my observations offend you.

Next time I'll try to speak slower ... please try to put down the beer and focus.

:confused:

Dougdrvr
07-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Heard via tv that eyewitness said heard explosion, looked up and saw engine trailing smoke, then it crashed...

RIP...

One of the witnesses describe the smoke as a white vapor. Like misting fuel, maybe?

UAL T38 Phlyer
07-14-2017, 04:49 PM
A very moving tribute by an "unknown soldier."

gtPoXt6AgV0

aeroengineer
07-14-2017, 07:38 PM
One of the witnesses describe the smoke as a white vapor. Like misting fuel, maybe?

That's what I thought when the witness described "white smoke" like a "stunt plane"

I agree that both wings appear to have made it to the crash site. Whether or not all the engines or their components did is another question. I can easily see where a prop/blade or rotating internal engine component liberated causing all sorts of structural and/or control damage. That's why heavier rotating components have specific life limits for replacement.

Godspeed Warriors

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1