Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hurting myself being published?

B2G2
07-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Transitioning Navy pilot here. 10 months-to-go until civilian life kicks in, and I've got all requirements for the airlines I'm applying to, barring total flight time and unrestricted ATP. I'm sitting at 1400TT, and will easily have 1500TT by the time I separate.

I'm updating apps monthly. 2 months ago when I published, I was naive and hadn't read these awesome and helpful forum threads. I was going on the encouragement of buddies who'd transitioned and been hired to "get that app out there". Am I hurting myself being published without all minimums for applying?

Thanks for your time. What an excellent community!

rickair7777
07-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Depends on the minimums for the job in question...

If they require an unrestricted ATP, then don't apply until you have it. Exception for regionals, they typically allow you lead pursuit on meeting mins (ie apply and even interview before reaching mins as long you can show your trajectory to get to mins).

If a restricted ATP is OK, you're probably already there with 1400 hours and mil wings.

Grumble
07-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Just don't click any quals you don't have. Zero problems publishing what you've got. Most companies filter what they can see anyway, some go wider than the published mins. Go live, update often, network, keep working at getting your quals up.

B2G2
08-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Grumble and rickair,

Wilco! Thank you for the info!

Just don't click any quals you don't have. Zero problems publishing what you've got. Most companies filter what they can see anyway, some go wider than the published mins. Go live, update often, network, keep working at getting your quals up.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1