Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 154th Wing HIANG Info

kukailimoku
08-11-2017, 10:56 AM
I want to add some information to the forum before asking for advice, so here goes...

The 154th Wing for the Hawaii Air National Guard has a joint pilot board annually for the 199th, 203rd, & 204th.

THEY DO NOT ADVERTISE THIS ANYWHERE You have to reach out to them. I suggest calling up one of their recruiting offices in September since applications are due at the end of March and if you're starting from scratch, it can take that long to do the AFOQT, TBAS, etc.

There were only about 30 applicants this year, so if you are trying to fly for the ANG (you should, my contribution to the AD v ANG discussion;) definitely apply. Also, this is the only guard baby F-22 opportunity out there as the other two units don't do UPT boards.

pilot0987
08-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Thank you for the info. Good luck to those that are interested.

HuggyU2
08-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Will they take a slightly overweight guy in his 50's, with a receding hairline and bad breath?

B2G2
08-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Thanks for this great info. As a transitioning USN pilot, I'm absolutely interested in opportunities like this. Any direct contact info for the 199th, 203rd, or 204th?

mainlineAF
08-14-2017, 11:21 AM
I want to add some information to the forum before asking for advice, so here goes...

The 154th Wing for the Hawaii Air National Guard has a joint pilot board annually for the 199th, 203rd, & 204th.

THEY DO NOT ADVERTISE THIS ANYWHERE You have to reach out to them. I suggest calling up one of their recruiting offices in September since applications are due at the end of March and if you're starting from scratch, it can take that long to do the AFOQT, TBAS, etc.

There were only about 30 applicants this year, so if you are trying to fly for the ANG (you should, my contribution to the AD v ANG discussion;) definitely apply. Also, this is the only guard baby F-22 opportunity out there as the other two units don't do UPT boards.

The VA guard had a UPT board in 2011 I believe. But they won't again for a while us what I was told.

HuggyU2
08-14-2017, 11:25 PM
The VA guard had a UPT board in 2011 I believe. But they won't again for a while us what I was told.

News you can use.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1