Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

ecam
08-18-2017, 08:29 AM
How do we turn off quote notifications?

VCano
08-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Hi ecam,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was doing some investigating to figure out the solution. You can edit your notification preferences in your User Control panel. You can access your User CP on the top left hand corner in the blue toolbar. In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options', under there you will find the Messaging & Notification drop down box and there you can edit your notification preferences.

Let me know if you need further clarification. Have a great weekend! How do we turn off quote notifications?

ecam
08-21-2017, 07:44 AM
There doesn't appear to be an option for this in that menu.

nmarconato
08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanks for coming back to us, Val is getting on it. More soon.

nmarconato
08-26-2017, 06:43 AM

Has this been fixed? Have you been helped? Thanks.

vagabond
08-26-2017, 07:48 AM
I believe the question involves something new that is happening.

When someone replies to a thread to which I am subscribed, I get a notification to the email account I used to register as a user.

But starting about a few weeks ago, I was getting a second email notification that I have been quoted.

The Edit Options under User CP do not have an option to get out of this second quote email.

ecam
08-26-2017, 08:47 AM
I believe the question involves something new that is happening.

When someone replies to a thread to which I am subscribed, I get a notification to the email account I used to register as a user.

But starting about a few weeks ago, I was getting a second email notification that I have been quoted.

The Edit Options under User CP do not have an option to get out of this second quote email.

Yes, that. It's annoying and should have the ability to turn off.

nmarconato
08-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Yes, that. It's annoying and should have the ability to turn off.

Yeah, got it, PMed you, sorry about that, we will take care of this on Monday. Thanks, have a great weekend! Nick

ecam
08-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Yeah, got it, PMed you, sorry about that, we will take care of this on Monday. Thanks, have a great weekend! Nick

Thanks, Nick.

nick11
08-29-2017, 07:46 AM
quoting you for testing purposes

and you'll be receiving a quote notification message.

nmarconato
08-29-2017, 07:59 AM
ecam whalesurfer

Well, we are working on your request to have more control over the notifications for "mentions" and "quotes"...

I have looked more into that w/ VCano, and our dev team is looking into that, apparently there currently isn't a way to edit the preferences. We are trying to figure out whether this is something that we should be coding, or something that should have already been deployed w/ the plug in, and we didn't deploy that.

Thanks All, more soon. Hope this helps.

Nick & Val
nmarconato VCano

PS: and sorry, I am aware that this message is going to generate a "New Mention" notification for both of you.

nmarconato
09-04-2017, 09:00 AM
ecam whalesurfer

Well, we are working on your request to have more control over the notifications for "mentions" and "quotes"...

I have looked more into that w/ VCano, and our dev team is looking into that, apparently there currently isn't a way to edit the preferences. We are trying to figure out whether this is something that we should be coding, or something that should have already been deployed w/ the plug in, and we didn't deploy that.

Thanks All, more soon. Hope this helps.

Nick & Val
nmarconato VCano

PS: and sorry, I am aware that this message is going to generate a "New Mention" notification for both of you.

Hang in there, Dev team has been working on it, I just need to review and make sure that it works, but I am out of office for a few days, will get back to you on this the second week of Sept.

Happy Holiday.

Thanks. Nick

nmarconato
09-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Hang in there, Dev team has been working on it, I just need to review and make sure that it works, but I am out of office for a few days, will get back to you on this the second week of Sept.

Happy Holiday.

Thanks. Nick

You can now access your user CP section, and check the preference off if you don't wish to receive a message once you are tagged. Does that work? Let me know, please. Thank you so much!

ecam
09-21-2017, 01:31 PM
The issues seem to be fixed now. Thanks.

nmarconato
09-22-2017, 08:19 AM
The issues seem to be fixed now. Thanks.

Good. Thanks for the confirmation.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1