Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Allegiant Air

pilotjonesg
03-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Any one out there fly for Allegiant Air or know any thing about them, I had a message yesterday about scheduling an interview and wondering about pay, sched and anything else that may be of interest.

Thanks,

Greg

SkyHigh
03-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Any one out there fly for Allegiant Air or know any thing about them, I had a message yesterday about scheduling an interview and wondering about pay, sched and anything else that may be of interest.

Thanks,

Greg

All I know is that I have a friend who was a captain there and made more money driving a cab on the side. The schedules make it difficult to commute.

Skyhigh

B757200ER
03-14-2007, 08:16 AM
But, they're getting raises, better benefits and they just had an IPO. Things are looking up over there, and they've got 22 MD80s now.

ryane946
03-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Any one out there fly for Allegiant Air ... wondering about pay

Pay??? What pay? They actually pay their pilots now. Must not be much.:rolleyes:

pilotjonesg
03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, just got the call from Allegiant to interview in 2 weeks. Not quite sure what to do, I also got a call from ABX air today saying that they should start hiring again in the next few months. Should I interview anyways and take the job if offered, or stay where Im at (and not take a 70% paycut) and hold out and see if ABX calls?????????

FDXLAG
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Me; If the interview was free I'd do it. At the end when they say do you have any questions, fire away.

crewdawg52
03-14-2007, 05:15 PM

Thanks,

Greg

Why does'nt anyone look under airlines to see what the pay scale is for a certain airline. It's like the pax who wants to know where there connecting flight is. Have they ever heard of a monitor?

Slice
03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Is Allegiant a major? Their pay is horrible.

ultradrvr
03-15-2007, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=pilotjonesg;133417 I also got a call from ABX air today saying that they should start hiring again in the next few months. [/QUOTE]

So are you telling us that someone from ABX Air human resources/management called you or just a friend of yours who works at ABX Air????? Cause nobody's called me.

CaptainMark
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
just had a friend get hired..he just finished IOE and is based in saint pete..he lives in tampa so he loves that...pay blows but he is waiting for his FDX interview...

kansas
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
All I know is that I have a friend who was a captain there and made more money driving a cab on the side. The schedules make it difficult to commute.

Skyhigh

I'm guessing he didn't upgrade.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1