Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Spammed!!

tomgoodman
08-20-2017, 02:19 PM
It appears that an alien spambot has attacked APC, striking the "layover" section with hundreds of unreadable posts. :mad:

TonyC
08-20-2017, 03:18 PM
It appears that an alien spambot has attacked APC, striking the "layover" section with hundreds of unreadable posts. :mad:

I believe they are angry about the "Sponsored Posts".

So am I. :mad:

ChicagoJohn08
08-21-2017, 09:23 AM
They're also taking over the major thread. Spam, spam, spam. Eggs, bacon & spam.

nmarconato
08-21-2017, 10:56 AM
They're also taking over the major thread. Spam, spam, spam. Eggs, bacon & spam.

Should be managed now. Sorry about that.

We have been working on the ads as well. Sorry about that.

tomgoodman
08-22-2017, 04:53 AM
What was their sinister purpose? Advertising a product or service is pointless if nobody can read the ad. Perhaps it was a cyber-attack by North Korea? :rolleyes:

nmarconato
08-22-2017, 08:26 AM
What was their sinister purpose? Advertising a product or service is pointless if nobody can read the ad. Perhaps it was a cyber-attack by North Korea? :rolleyes:

I like to think that North Korea got a bigger fish to fry than messing w/ our Community... stay tuned, all items have been prioritized and we got devs working on both of them. I'll get back to all w/ an ETA.

As far as stopping the spammers though, that's something that we should have taken care of already.

Huge thanks to the mods of the Community who took care of this from the front line.

nmarconato
08-25-2017, 01:52 PM

We are actively cleaning everything up. Thanks for your patience. Nick

nmarconato
08-25-2017, 02:19 PM

OK, the spammy posts in the Layover section have been pruned and the users have been permanently banned.

Please share here URLs or usernames for review, and I'll take care of that, thanks All!

Nick