Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New hires

WestCoaster82
09-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Kind of hard to find info for new guys (especially commuters), I'm just going through this now so thought it would be wise to start a thread.

For anyone who has recently been picked up:

I found out my class date about 1 month prior to when it was scheduled.
They sent me a batch of emails that were time sensitive. One had a turnaround of two days, and one had an already scheduled urinalysis that I called to reschedule -- make sure you read those emails thoroughly, there's quite a few of them.

If you don't live in HNL, you can email HR the paperwork instead of scheduling a trip down there, just give them a call. I don't think it's obvious in the welcome email.

CaptainDooley
12-10-2017, 12:38 PM
what has the time line from CJO to actual class date been lately?

Heard they are pretty backed up in intraining. Have buddy that was awarded 321 and he said he was told 5-6 months before going for training.

kingairfun
12-10-2017, 04:12 PM
I am probably gonna wait 5-6 months for a transition

CaptainDooley
12-10-2017, 04:24 PM
I am probably gonna wait 5-6 months for a transition

so for the class that just started, do you know when they interviewed?

Moonwolf
12-10-2017, 09:51 PM
so for the class that just started, do you know when they interviewed?

I think kingair means transition training for another plane. Interview to class can range, I was about six months. Although I've heard of 1-2 months

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1