Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Poll: Graduate Degrees

Omnivorous
09-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Hoping to get a show of hands--how many of you fine folks flying at a major/legacy carrier (or FDX/UPS) have graduate degrees?

pilot0987
09-12-2017, 03:22 AM
Maybe you should include a poll with graduate degrees/military guys since most get this advanced degree in order to get promoted.

ShyGuy
09-13-2017, 09:23 AM
I have a Bachelor in engineering, and in this career I don't see the ROI on getting a Masters in my field.

MoosePileit
09-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Mil, but got a MS right after BS and ROTC commission on an ed delay.

Smart move, burned a year productively awaiting pilot training to restart, got lots of contacts and a standing offer at a 5 year PhD. Work study, waived tuition, checked in with mother AFIT 1x per semester.

Put me into the 1st VSP window in 2006 for a 12 year paid egress.

Fortune favors the prepared, but luck trumps a lot.

Turbosina
09-13-2017, 10:02 PM
I'm just a regional guy but have two graduate degrees...

Luckily we get a special annual incentive bonus. We get to fly an extra turn over the holidays for each graduate degree we hold...