Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Application help

Oliver Klosoff
09-19-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm currently living abroad and have been for last 5 years. In the contact and address information section of the app it stops you and says that your current address needs to be in the U.S.

It doesn't list that in the requirements for the job. Is anyone else running into this issue? Is there a solution to this so I can complete the app?
Thanks, Oliver

Bushmaster09
09-20-2017, 01:28 AM
I asked about this at the job fair in March. I was told just put your parents address or friends in the USA. I do seem to remember there are some parts of the app that have a little slider switch for international address. I missed it the first few times I did the app. I would check but my app is locked :)

Hopeful
09-20-2017, 04:20 AM
I have the same issue. I tried the international slider switch in the application and it let me enter my foreign address. However, when I saved it, I received a red box stating that my current address must be a US address.

What I did was use my US mailing address on the app and put my foreign address on my resume. My application has been like this since January and is still active. My foreign address on my resume did not seem to be a problem when I spoke with UPS at OBAP.

FTFF
09-20-2017, 06:39 AM
I think the general consensus on what we've been able to figure about it all is that the application is a derivative of the basic hourly employee application - totally not practical for hiring pilots. But why outsource to something that's cheap and reliable, airline apps & pilot credentials, when you can do it for free inhouse and give everyone involved a continuous migraine. That's a little United Problem Solvers for you. Think of it as your welcome drink.

As far as foreign addresses, I asked a new hire from M-Rats and he said he (and others) used whatever US address they saw fit. IMO, doing that and putting your foreign address on the CV wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Maybe some overseas hires could chime in....

CactusCrew
09-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Think of it as your welcome drink.

If you can't make it through the application process, you'll hate your life at Brown. It doesn't get easier !

;)

:D

whalesurfer
09-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm currently living abroad and have been for last 5 years. In the contact and address information section of the app it stops you and says that your current address needs to be in the U.S.
Is there a solution to this so I can complete the app?
Thanks, Oliver

If you don't have any relatives in the US get a UPS Store (or FedEx Kinko's) mail box. You'll get a regular mailing address (it won't say UPS Store or Kinko's).

Heck, you could even "live" in Louisville, KY or Memphis, TN... ;-) Just an idea..

https://www.theupsstore.com/mailboxes/personal-mailboxes