Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

sgt98c
09-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that someone made a concerted effort to break into my vehicle in the DFW E employee lot. During my last multi day trip; someone damaged both doors trying to slide something in from the top of the door to unlock them. I'm assuming that it was to steal the vehicle; as I leave nothing of value inside. Minor damage, but really ****es me off. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident. I am going to make the police and employee parking department aware of the attempt.

hilltopflyer
09-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Just wanted everyone to know that someone made a concerted effort to break into my vehicle in the DFW E employee lot. During my last multi day trip; someone damaged both doors trying to slide something in from the top of the door to unlock them. I'm assuming that it was to steal the vehicle; as I leave nothing of value inside. Minor damage, but really ****es me off. Hopefully, it was an isolated incident. I am going to make the police and employee parking department aware of the attempt.

Do they have cameras?

Rangers12
09-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Do they have cameras?
No they do not.

DFW Refugee
09-25-2017, 09:55 AM
Where did you park? Was it lighted?

Thanks!

EMBFlyer
09-25-2017, 06:22 PM
I can't imagine ANYONE gaining access to those ultra-secure lots when the guards barely even look up from their phones to see that you have a hang-tag.

And that goes for all lots, North and South.

Sorry this happened to you.

putzin
09-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Hard to believe that an attempted break in happened given the unusual high quality of the average airport employee.

So :confused:

tomgoodman
09-26-2017, 06:18 AM
New hire: “My car was robbed, and I had it parked right next to the guard shack!”

Old timer: “Well, Duh!” :rolleyes:

Sam York
09-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Get a car with a theft protection system. It's called a manual transmission.

TransWorld
09-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Get a car with a theft protection system. It's called a manual transmission.

Excellent!

Avoid window and door damage from them getting entry.

Put a small sign on each side, "Caution: Manual Transmission with Clutch. Find something else to steal."

nimslow
09-27-2017, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't hold out much hope the DFW DPS will investigate an attempted theft.

A long time ago, the wheels were stolen off my car in the DFW north employee lot. At least they had the decency to put it on blocks, and didn't drop it on the ground. They also broke a window, and stole the change from my ashtray.

DPS took a report, but wasn't interested in doing much investigating. Even though my car was one of several around the same time.

Std Deviation
09-28-2017, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't hold out much hope the DFW DPS will investigate an attempted theft.

A long time ago, the wheels were stolen off my car in the DFW north employee lot. At least they had the decency to put it on blocks, and didn't drop it on the ground. They also broke a window, and stole the change from my ashtray.

DPS took a report, but wasn't interested in doing much investigating. Even though my car was one of several around the same time.

Ah DFW DPS. The ones that issued me a $75 citation for, "parking outside the lines." The worn and faded lines not readily apparent in a dimly lit employee parking lot at 4am. I now Uber the 11 miles from home to terminal.