Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pilot Hiring Email

H1500308
09-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Received invite and scheduled the interview. I've sent two emails to the pilot hiring email address provided with the invitation and have not received any response to some paperwork questions. It's been over a week. Anyone else have this problem?

Peacock
09-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Did you look at the pilot credentials site under hiring information? It spells pretty much everything out. Typically the only contact people have before the interview is to arrange transportation.

Jeff Lebowski
09-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Received invite and scheduled the interview. I've sent two emails to the pilot hiring email address provided with the invitation and have not received any response to some paperwork questions. It's been over a week. Anyone else have this problem?

I had a lost-logbook issue that I wanted to bring to their attention pre-interview. I emailed pilot hiring and never heard back. I decided not to press it since they had an electronic record at that point that I was trying to be up-front about it.

Fortunately, it was a non-issue during the interview.

PowerShift
09-27-2017, 10:43 PM
The hiring process is an excercise in following the directions to a "T".
Pilot credentials will spell out how and what to do, as well as contact info.

Skyward
09-28-2017, 02:31 AM
Some answers to questions you may be having might be contained in the original invite email. Read it carefully. Also, be patient. You will be contacted by email a couple weeks before to complete another form. That is a perfect time to ask any remaining questions. Good luck!

saab2000
09-28-2017, 05:15 AM
The hiring process is an excercise in following the directions to a "T".
Pilot credentials will spell out how and what to do, as well as contact info.

This is absolutely correct. The process is detailed. Follow the instructions with great attention to detail.

I have no doubt this is intentional. They want people who can read the instructions and follow them.

I had little assistance but read the instructions many times and created a space on a free table to compile all the paperwork. I recommend a similar structured approach to the interview.

Kilroy
09-28-2017, 09:45 AM

By sending the email you have just eliminated yourself from the process... instructions are the key.

EngineOut
09-28-2017, 01:27 PM
What is the email domain all the SWA emails are coming from? I get emails from the icms, but have not received any from Southwest directly...only asking because...

I was updating my Pilot Credentials for the new window tomorrow, and there is a new tab: Hiring Information and a whole bunch of forms and a variety of interview times. Does this mean I was sent the "email" and have been invited to interview? Nothing in my junk box that I ever saw.

NorskAir
09-28-2017, 01:34 PM
What is the email domain all the SWA emails are coming from? I get emails from the icms, but have not received any from Southwest directly...only asking because...

I was updating my Pilot Credentials for the new window tomorrow, and there is a new tab: Hiring Information and a whole bunch of forms and a variety of interview times. Does this mean I was sent the "email" and have been invited to interview? Nothing in my junk box that I ever saw.
Yes, that means you are selected for an interview. Select a date and good luck😀 Interview e-mails usually come from [email protected], it's either not sent out yet, you have the wrong email address in pilot credentials or it went to your spam folder.

slammer1906
09-29-2017, 02:53 AM
By sending the email you have just eliminated yourself from the process... instructions are the key.

Haha. Yea right.

EngineOut
09-29-2017, 06:26 AM
Yes, that means you are selected for an interview. Select a date and good luck😀 Interview e-mails usually come from [email protected], it's either not sent out yet, you have the wrong email address in pilot credentials or it went to your spam folder.

Thanks!

Is there any info that's in the email that is not on the PilotCredentials hiring forms tab? Should I try to get it re-sent?

dudemize
09-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Thanks!

Is there any info that's in the email that is not on the PilotCredentials hiring forms tab? Should I try to get it re-sent?

You should be getting additional e-mails regarding the online application, travel arrangements, and additional interview info. Check your Spam.

PM me your e-mail and I will send what I received.

EngineOut
09-30-2017, 03:15 AM
You should be getting additional e-mails regarding the online application, travel arrangements, and additional interview info. Check your Spam.

PM me your e-mail and I will send what I received.

The PilotCredentials folks resent it. I guess it was sent out 3 weeks ago and I never saw it. Thank you.

PowerShift
09-30-2017, 11:31 PM
this is absolutely correct. The process is detailed. Follow the instructions with great attention to detail.

I have no doubt this is intentional. They want people who can read the instructions and follow them.

I had little assistance but read the instructions many times and created a space on a free table to compile all the paperwork. I recommend a similar structured approach to the interview.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^

erjemb
10-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Is it normal to have on the message section on the bottom “Please check all sections of your profile for accuracy.”?

Is it there all the time?

2strokin
10-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Is it normal to have on the message section on the bottom “Please check all sections of your profile for accuracy.”?

Is it there all the time?

Mine says that. I think it is there all the time and their way of reminding you to double check that all your info is truthful and accurate.

Just my .02

fordprefect
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM

Yeah, not totally true. I read the directions but I screwed up and included sim time in my total and turbine time initially, it wasn't consequential to me meeting the qualifications. I sent an email stating this to [email protected], and I was very specific about how many hours I was talking about. No response, but when I mentioned it during the logbook review, the interviewer seemed like she was aware of my email. They are calling my references so it must not have been a deal breaker.

Definitely follow the instructions and be completely honest with them. We're human and not error proof but when you catch it, own it, and fix it.

at6d
10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Calling references is a very good sign!

fordprefect
10-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Got the job!:D

Eddie1801
10-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Got the job!:D

That's fantastic. Congratulations!!