Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Latest Class Drop

CMeFly
10-11-2017, 05:50 AM
Here is the drop from the Oct 9 class:

FLL - 4
PGD - 7
LAX - 4
OAK - 1
PIT - 1

ecam
10-11-2017, 06:45 AM

FLL - 4
PGD - 7
LAX - 4
OAK - 1
PIT - 1

By "drop", you must mean "new hire awards". Because that's what it's called here.

disco inferno
10-11-2017, 07:16 AM

FLL - 4
PGD - 7
LAX - 4
OAK - 1
PIT - 1
Wow!!! I knew there was most of the attrition was junior , but I can't believe we had all those guys "drop" out of class already. I wonder what their "new hire awards" would have been?

FreshWater
10-11-2017, 08:00 AM

FLL - 4
PGD - 7
LAX - 4
OAK - 1
PIT - 1

This isn’t the squadron, nor do we wear Caps.

Riverside
10-11-2017, 09:33 AM
This isn’t the squadron, nor do we wear Caps.

I think he thinks he is working for Delta.

WindChk
10-11-2017, 12:50 PM
:D Be nice fellas. Thanks for the info OP. I was curious about where the new hires were headed. PGD still adding peeps. How many planes are there in PGD again?

RodimusPrime
10-11-2017, 02:00 PM
It’s funny how many feathers get ruffled over the term “Drop” there are worse things to pout over.

tomgoodman
10-11-2017, 03:28 PM
It’s funny how many feathers get ruffled over the term “Drop” there are worse things to pout over.

Your reference to ruffled feathers is appropriate, since the term “drop” has a fowl origin: :D

https://www.globotreks.com/destinations/belize/world-famous-chicken-drop/

disco inferno
10-11-2017, 03:43 PM
It's a stupid term for starters. More importantly, it isn't used in Allegiant vernacular despite a few peoples attempts to integrate the term into the airline industry.
I find it annoying in the same way as when people refer to the taxiway as the "tarmac" or the "runway". There is certain terminology you need to use in order to avoid looking like an idiot.
This ain't the military Maverick.

hyde
10-11-2017, 03:59 PM
It's a stupid term for starters. More importantly, it isn't used in Allegiant vernacular despite a few peoples attempts to integrate the term into the airline industry.
I find it annoying in the same way as when people refer to the taxiway as the "tarmac" or the "runway". There is certain terminology you need to use in order to avoid looking like an idiot.

I bet you sit for the national anthem

disco inferno
10-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Why would you think that? Normal people don't sit in the cockpit and use the terms "clear port" and "clear starboard". There is civilian terminology and their is military terminology. Keep them separate please.

pilot0987
10-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Oo snap. Take that to private conversation and post the results for all to enjoy later!!

RodimusPrime
10-11-2017, 08:12 PM

I bet you have lots of friends

disco inferno
10-11-2017, 08:42 PM
I bet you have lots of friends
Nope. Everyone hates me. Will you be my friend? What are you doing this weekend? Wanna go bowling?

RodimusPrime
10-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Nope. Everyone hates me. Will you be my friend? What are you doing this weekend? Wanna go bowling?

Sure, we can hang out and discuss what we think future Drops will be. We can sit on the starboard side of the bowling alley- order some pitchers of beer and get FUBAR.

Ryanthepilot
10-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Anyone have any idea how junior the SFB base is? Can a new hire hold it out of training on the bus? Won't qualify for at least another year, figured I'd get a perspective before putting the app in!

Ryan

theycallmered
10-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Anyone have any idea how junior the SFB base is? Can a new hire hold it out of training on the bus? Won't qualify for at least another year, figured I'd get a perspective before putting the app in!

Ryan

Very senior. Some people get it out of training but you will be junior a while.

Captainbfv
10-12-2017, 09:11 AM

FLL - 4

PGD - 7

LAX - 4

OAK - 1

PIT - 1

I suggest you continue to use the term drop as much as you can here. Nothing funnier than seeing everyone’s nipples get twisted over a word. #trollaway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akulahunter
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Seriously, you guys need to give it a rest... Everyone knows what people mean when they say "drop." Are you guys that envious of delta/military guys that it really bothers you? Do you get that upset when someone says "coke" or "soda" instead of "pop" or "soft drink?" I think all of us (well, most) are intelligent enough to realize people from different backgrounds have different vernacular. Just the same as people from California speak differently than people from Georgia or New York. Its the same thing. As the company grows there are going to be tons of people from a much more varied background, including military and off the street Joes. Time to put the big boy inclusion britches on....

It makes our pilot group sound like a bunch of whiny babies or jealous ex-girlfriends when you have nothing better to ***** about...

akulahunter
10-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Why would you think that? Normal people don't sit in the cockpit and use the terms "clear port" and "clear starboard". There is civilian terminology and their is military terminology. Keep them separate please.

FYI, don't think military guys say clear port or starboard either, especially USAF guys, they probably don't even know what that means... Also, did you mean that if you served in the military you aren't normal?

disco inferno
10-12-2017, 09:50 AM
FYI, don't think military guys say clear port or starboard either, especially USAF guys, they probably don't even know what that means... Also, did you mean that if you served in the military you aren't normal?
I mean "normal" people will let go of their old habits and adapt to where there are. Do you really want a former F-16 guy pretending he is conducting single pilot operations in an Airbus? It's great if you served in the military or came from another airline. You need to adapt to and adopt procedures a standard phraseology of where you work now.

Some people need to learn to let go of the past.
ICEMAN - The Later Years from NiNo (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8afa50b440/iceman-the-later-years-from-nino)

essayons
10-12-2017, 12:41 PM
By "drop", you must mean "new hire awards". Because that's what it's called here.

Wow!!! I knew there was most of the attrition was junior , but I can't believe we had all those guys "drop" out of class already. I wonder what their "new hire awards" would have been?

Took 1 day to say my verbage was wrong. But 1 month to give the correct wording. I will now use “new hire award”. If you had only said this back in August, you would have saved yourself all this anguish.

Ref: 14AUG class thread.

JKSees
10-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Hello,
Does someone on mind telling me how senior BLI is?
Thank you in advance.

flyingdutchman1
10-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Hello,
Does someone on mind telling me how senior BLI is?
Thank you in advance.

For captains, I believe the most junior is 9 years. New hires held it on the first officer side this past summer, but they grew the base from 12 to 15 fo’s so that would be the reason it went to new hires. On the 757 displacement bid one fairly senior guy got BLI and from what I’ve heard there are a few guys that are seat locked on the 80 in Vegas that will bid BLI during the displacement bid in November. If that happens, plus no further growth planned in BLI, I’d expect it to go much more senior going forward.

JKSees
10-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Thank you!

For captains, I believe the most junior is 9 years. New hires held it on the first officer side this past summer, but they grew the base from 12 to 15 fo’s so that would be the reason it went to new hires. On the 757 displacement bid one fairly senior guy got BLI and from what I’ve heard there are a few guys that are seat locked on the 80 in Vegas that will bid BLI during the displacement bid in November. If that happens, plus no further growth planned in BLI, I’d expect it to go much more senior going forward.

BeastieBoy
10-26-2017, 12:35 PM
bC9-TUZSjoQ

Ferviz
11-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Hello,
New to this thread. My question for you guys is if you see any more SFD hire awards, I know it is pretty much the needs of the company, just looking for internal guesses. Just retired from the mil and living in Sandford, FL. After all my time away from family I am ready to give back some time to them and really like what G4 is doing. I have done my homework,study the company and read all threads and it looks like a very attractive business model,
Thanks in advance amigos.

Ferviz
11-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Hello,
New to this thread. My question for you guys is if you see any more SFD hire awards, I know it is pretty much the needs of the company, just looking for internal guesses. Just retired from the mil and living in Sandford, FL. After all my time away from family I am ready to give back some time to them and really like what G4 is doing. I have done my homework,study the company and read all threads and it looks like a very attractive business model,

grnclvrs
11-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Hello,

Lots of "d's" you don't need. For your interview it's SFB and Sanford. SFB is our biggest base right now and there will always be openings there. Even if junior guys in a class before you get assigned there, they are usually able to bid out in short order to get closer to home. This is true for most of our bases. If you don't get it right away, you'll get there in 6-12 months. Class seniority is by last 4 of SSN, lower numbers are senior.

Ferviz
11-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info, just got the invite for the video interview.

ecam
11-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Welcome, Ferviz.

What was said above is good info. However, yesterday, the LAS displacement (MD80 retirements) bid came out and it's possible that some pilots will be displaced involuntarily to SFB. And still no word on what they are going to do with 80 VBD. If what they did in LAS is any indication, they are going to reduce staffing there too as we transition to Airbus. SFB may become more senior as people move around. However, the other FL bases are all nearby, and as said above, eventually you will get what you want. New hires move up quickly here.

I can't imagine there will be a lot of 80 new hires going forward. But you never know, they ran a 757 class last December, well after its demise was announced. If you get 80, it will be SFB. PGD and FLL seem to go to new hire classes frequently on the Bus. PIE isn't super senior.

On your video interview, here are some pitfalls and advice I've heard from recruiter friends:

Spend some time ahead thinking about why you want to work HERE as opposed to somewhere else. As a military retiree, especially. "Why not a legacy airline"? Study up on our business model, "company values", and company operations. What will you do if you don't get SFB?

Dress for success

Find a quiet spot with solid internet connectivity. Some people have had issues at hotels.

Follow the directions closely.

Be open and honest about your flying record.

FLTRISK
11-04-2017, 01:50 AM
What's the time frame for getting into AVL as FO?

ecam
11-04-2017, 07:26 AM
What's the time frame for getting into AVL as FO?

New hires got it a couple of months ago. But I think a lot of pilots in that base live nearby, and once you're in a base near your home, you tend to stay. Except for the bottom few spots, that base doesn't seem to have a lot of turnover.

Currently AVL is in transition to the Airbus, so there's a lot of VBDs holding down the fort. As pilots who were seat locked on the 80 get qualified on the bus, they may have an opportunity to bid the AB bases they couldn't bid before, and that may open up some spots too.

Ronin47
11-04-2017, 08:17 AM
New hires got it a couple of months ago. But I think a lot of pilots in that base live nearby, and once you're in a base near your home, you tend to stay. Except for the bottom few spots, that base doesn't seem to have a lot of turnover.

Currently AVL is in transition to the Airbus, so there's a lot of VBDs holding down the fort. As pilots who were seat locked on the 80 get qualified on the bus, they may have an opportunity to bid the AB bases they couldn't bid before, and that may open up some spots too.

When will IND open up? Will IND be a longtime base?

Ferviz
11-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Thanks Ecam,
I've been reading a lot about the company. If I don't get SFB, I will try another of the Fl bases and eventually try SFB. I currently live in Jax, but have family all over Fl. Unfortunately, my last four are very high, so most likely be the last one selecting, if everything goes alright. All good.

ecam
11-06-2017, 05:32 AM
When will IND open up? Will IND be a longtime base?

Allegiant love Indy longtime start in spring.

Milk Man
12-12-2017, 03:17 PM

That was really stupid

disco inferno
12-12-2017, 04:25 PM
That was really stupid
I thought it was awesome.

hyde
12-12-2017, 07:45 PM
That was really stupid

Thanks for keeping it alive. I was afraid this thread would die. Any word on the latest drops?

go46ball
12-12-2017, 09:39 PM
All 4 pgd.

RodimusPrime
03-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Someone just posted the latest class “drop” for AA on TPN on Facebook. Somebody should chime in and let them know that’s not the proper term in the 121 world.

ecam
03-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Someone just posted the latest class “drop” for AA on TPN on Facebook. Somebody should chime in and let them know that’s not the proper term in the 121 world.

Troll level = Novice

RodimusPrime
03-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Troll level = Novice

LOL, I guess I’ll keep my day job.

NickAdams
03-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Don’t mess with ecam. She’s the boss around here.

ecam
03-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Don’t mess with ecam. She’s the boss around here.

I guess I’ll keep my day job too.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1