Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : June 2005 hire

fdx10
10-12-2017, 09:10 PM
How senior are people hired in June of 2005 today? How long have they been Captains?

TexasFlight
10-13-2017, 05:37 AM
They are all still FO's because the QOL is too damn good to give up. J/K, sort of. Most who want it will have been Captains for a few years. And outside of maybe ATL, they should all be Lineholders.

fdx10
10-13-2017, 07:20 AM
Thanks so much

07Driver
10-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Most junior captain is an 07 hire.

I am guessing 2015 was the first year that the 05 hires could hold it. so they're probably still super junior

Ihateusernames
10-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Fdx10...you trying to second guess your decision to go to FedEx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fdx10
10-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Fedex has been great for my Family. Just wondered how things were at SWA for my age group. I have nothing but praise for SWA, y'all are always good to my Family while traveling. I was AA until Sept 11, so who knows how this all ends. Very Blessed so far though.

Ihateusernames
10-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Fedex has been great for my Family. Just wondered how things were at SWA for my age group. I have nothing but praise for SWA, y'all are always good to my Family while traveling. I was AA until Sept 11, so who knows how this all ends. Very Blessed so far though.

That's cool...but weird. You're clearly second guessing crap. Most don't ask questions like that.

Ihateusernames
10-14-2017, 11:56 AM

Also confused about when you say "my age group" unless your class at FedEx was a certain age. Most classes at SWA range from 28-53. So a 2005 hire could be here or about to retire. You clearly want to measure wieners. So what are you a Captain on?

Skyward
10-14-2017, 01:17 PM
That's cool...but weird. You're clearly second guessing crap. Most don't ask questions like that.

I don't know, maybe that type of flying isn't for everyone. Some prefer cargo, and some prefer pax.

The grass being greener and all that...

Ihateusernames
10-14-2017, 01:26 PM
I don't know, maybe that type of flying isn't for everyone. Some prefer cargo, and some prefer pax.

The grass being greener and all that...

I did the middle of night crap. He can have it.

Rsv4lyfe
10-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Had two guys in my class quit in the middle of training to go to FDX. I know if at least 5 more that have done it this alone. Different strokes for different folks. Either or is a win-win.

Lots of day flying at FedEx and a lot less block.

WHACKMASTER
10-20-2017, 03:12 PM

Overreact much? Geez......

07Driver
10-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Overreact much? Geez......

No it’s not an overreaction! SWA is the best and only airline worth being at. Those who leave should be shunned forever! Even though we know they really wish they were here so they could work more!

WHACKMASTER
10-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Had two guys in my class quit in the middle of training to go to FDX. I know if at least 5 more that have done it this alone. Different strokes for different folks. Either or is a win-win.

Lots of day flying at FedEx and a lot less block.

Iíd leave too if I was in my first few years. Relative to FDX we generally work bankersí hours but when we do work we work our a$$ off.

In a way, I donít mind it because I loathe coming to work and being unproductive, but the 4(+) legs a day stuff is NOT for me. Iíd gladly do the around the world stuff if I was at FDX or UPS.

At least weíre not being unproductive like the Legacy narrowbody trips. Although the lazy man trips are there at SWA as well if anyone wants to do them.

ZapBrannigan
10-21-2017, 01:50 AM
Eh. When I was at USAir on the DC9 we did about 4 legs a day. On the 737, 3 or 4 legs a day was common. I miss some of the longer overnights in the islands but generally speaking I wouldnít bid long flights even if I worked at an airline that did them. I admit that it bugs me here that after you do a trans-con they add on a turn. I have this fear that the Hawaii trips will start with a Vegas turn or something! If Iíve flown 5+ hours Iíd really like more than 35 minutes on the ground to get the blood flowing before I go flying again. Other than that though, Iím doing the same kind of flying Iíd likely be doing if I were still at a legacy. The round the world stuff is for kids. I like being within one time zone of home.

RJSAviator76
10-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Eh. When I was at USAir on the DC9 we did about 4 legs a day. On the 737, 3 or 4 legs a day was common. I miss some of the longer overnights in the islands but generally speaking I wouldnít bid long flights even if I worked at an airline that did them. I admit that it bugs me here that after you do a trans-con they add on a turn. I have this fear that the Hawaii trips will start with a Vegas turn or something! If Iíve flown 5+ hours Iíd really like more than 35 minutes on the ground to get the blood flowing before I go flying again. Other than that though, Iím doing the same kind of flying Iíd likely be doing if I were still at a legacy. The round the world stuff is for kids. I like being within one time zone of home.

Spot on. Except in the long run, I don't think Hawaii trips will start with some mainland turn, I think we'll probably be flying interisland as it's way more bang for your duty hour. You'll get to HNL and then you'll do a leg or two interisland before shuttin' her down for the night, and/or you'll do more interisland flying before heading back to the mainland as you'll have more duty time available.

SlipKid
10-22-2017, 07:48 AM
Spot on. Except in the long run, I don't think Hawaii trips will start with some mainland turn, I think we'll probably be flying interisland as it's way more bang for your duty hour. You'll get to HNL and then you'll do a leg or two interisland before shuttin' her down for the night, and/or you'll do more interisland flying before heading back to the mainland as you'll have more duty time available.

Maybe.

There's a reason that HI inter island was one of the codeshare exceptions in our contract.

RJSAviator76
10-22-2017, 07:57 AM
Maybe.

There's a reason that HI inter island was one of the codeshare exceptions in our contract.

And that was a colossal screwup that our union will only recognize once we start our Hawaii service.

It is mainline size aircraft that are serving the five principal airports in Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA, LIH and ITO). The codeshare should have only been allowed between smaller airports such as MKK, LNY, JHM...

Allowing Hawaiian to fly 717ís for us interisland is about as great of an idea as it is to allow Mesa to fly RJís for us in the mainland as well.

SlipKid
10-22-2017, 08:16 AM
And that was a colossal screwup that our union will only recognize once we start our Hawaii service.

It is mainline size aircraft that are serving the five principal airports in Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA, LIH and ITO). The codeshare should have only been allowed between smaller airports such as MKK, LNY, JHM...

Allowing Hawaiian to fly 717ís for us interisland is about as great of an idea as it is to allow Mesa to fly RJís for us in the mainland as well.

Yeah, but did you see the size of your RETRO check? :eek:

RJSAviator76
10-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Yeah, but did you see the size of your RETRO check? :eek:

Sure did! As a probie no less! [emoji12]

SlipKid
10-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Also confused about when you say "my age group" unless your class at FedEx was a certain age. Most classes at SWA range from 28-53. So a 2005 hire could be here or about to retire. You clearly want to measure wieners. So what are you a Captain on?

LOL...

As usual, the only one wanting to "measure wieners" is a WN guy...... ;)

Ihateusernames
10-22-2017, 01:14 PM
LOL...

As usual, the only one wanting to "measure wieners" is a WN guy...... ;)

You're right because we can still get it up

IAHB756
10-26-2017, 04:37 PM

You guys havenít flown a single trip to the Hawaiian islands from anywhere and yet you are speaking in terms of ďallowing Hawaiian to fly 717ís for us interislandĒ as if you are some global wide body carrier about to dispatch 777ís to Hawaii from London next month..... Get a hold of yourself.....

RJSAviator76
10-26-2017, 05:12 PM
You guys havenít flown a single trip to the Hawaiian islands from anywhere and yet you are speaking in terms of ďallowing Hawaiian to fly 717ís for us interislandĒ as if you are some global wide body carrier about to dispatch 777ís to Hawaii from London next month..... Get a hold of yourself.....

Uh, are you a Southwest pilot? If you were, youíd know I was talking about our scope clause which actually allows only Hawaii interisland codeshare and no other domestic codeshare.

IAHB756
10-26-2017, 05:57 PM
Got it. Was attempting to be humorous but inflection gets lost in black and white type.

afxc1627
10-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Got it. Was attempting to be humorous but inflection gets lost in black and white type.

No you werenít........

at6d
10-27-2017, 11:23 PM
Get a hold of yourself.....

Ha. Good one.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1