Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : CPP poll

diverdriver2
10-14-2017, 03:32 AM
If you don't mind responding. For currently employed and eligible AWA pilots who applied to the CPP.

Inside DEENA
10-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Took the Hogan the morning of the 6th. No word yet.

ID

BobbyHo
10-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Well this poll is really taking off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voski
11-01-2017, 06:35 AM
This poll doesn't even mention if anyone has had any success getting hired @ UAL. :confused:

BobbyHo
11-05-2017, 07:55 PM
It was an awac marketing gimmick? "As seen on TV"/apc banners. If US Airways hadn't killed Billy Mays maybe they could have really reeled people in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J1180
11-21-2017, 05:51 PM
What percent of UAL newhires will be air whiskey cpp guys?

Good luck!

An XJT guy.

J1180
11-26-2017, 05:31 PM
^?

T28driver
11-27-2017, 05:59 AM
^?

That information has not yet been disclosed. We don't know.

StrykerB21
12-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Any updates from people that got the invite or still nothing?

CapsFan
12-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Any updates from people that got the invite or still nothing?

There were only three days of interviews for the remainder of this year and those people just got done interviewing a couple days ago.

The rest of us that didn’t get an interview spot will have to wait till “next year” which hopefully means January.

StrykerB21
12-01-2017, 05:51 PM
There were only three days of interviews for the remainder of this year and those people just got done interviewing a couple days ago.

The rest of us that didn’t get an interview spot will have to wait till “next year” which hopefully means January.

Well keep us posted, hope you guys get some good news!

stroopwaffle
12-14-2017, 01:09 PM
I know a few CA's out of the first group that interviewed at the end of November that were accepted into the CPP pool. I want to guess that 20-30 interviewed in this first round with more interviews to come in 2018. I also know of some First Officers who were given the Hogan. Seniority list of those accepted will come eventually and will shed a little more light on the range of DOH/seniority of those in the program. If you take that list and compare it to the list from August of those that initially applied, you will be able to deduce the pass rate for this first round. Still yet to be seen how many will be released per UA class mid to late 2018. Rumors of lower projected hiring in 2018 at UA will put a damper on the excitement.

Grumbletrousers
12-14-2017, 01:42 PM
I know a few CA's out of the first group that interviewed at the end of November that were accepted into the CPP pool. I want to guess that 20-30 interviewed in this first round with more interviews to come in 2018. I also know of some First Officers who were given the Hogan. Seniority list of those accepted will come eventually and will shed a little more light on the range of DOH/seniority of those in the program. If you take that list and compare it to the list from August of those that initially applied, you will be able to deduce the pass rate for this first round. Still yet to be seen how many will be released per UA class mid to late 2018. Rumors of lower projected hiring in 2018 at UA will put a damper on the excitement.

Although no one knows for sure, I was told by someone at United that they’re looking at about 600-800 pilots for 2018. That number comes from the deliveries of 319s, 737s and 787s along with a projected ~400 mandatory retirements plus any additional retirements.

I assume hiring will be dictated by the pace of aircraft deliveries.

All that being said we still don’t know the terms of the CPP. Until the company comes out and clearly explains the fine print this program is nothing more then a ink used to fill a new hire pamphlet.

stroopwaffle
12-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Yup.

From what I know, you go through the same hiring process (Application, Hogan, DEN interview minus the technical portion, and background/PRIA check) as someone from off the street, but you are still held on the leash by ATW until they let you go.

Everyone is waiting for that fine print to be magnified.

PontiusPilot
02-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Is the percentage of United new hires from the Air Wisconsin CPP still not known?

stroopwaffle
02-08-2018, 04:28 AM
Still nothing on how many will get to move on and at what rate. Two groups have interviewed in DEN, no known results of percentage passed other than word of mouth. People usually aren’t willing to divulge that they didn’t pass the interview.

I would get used to the idea that you will have a *career* at AWA before you move on to UA with their CPP.

PontiusPilot
02-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I would get used to the idea that you will have a *career* at AWA before you move on to UA with their CPP.

Are they requiring 3000 hours serving United Express before moving to United via the CPP?

StrykerB21
02-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Are they requiring 3000 hours serving United Express before moving to United via the CPP?

I think it's just 3,000 with the company, not necessarily with United paint.

John Carr
02-08-2018, 11:10 AM

I think it's just 3,000 with the company, not necessarily with United paint.

Well that sure would be interesting.

Especially as it relates to the way UAL may run the suspected separate path CPP at XJT with the L-ASA guys.

texaspropguy
02-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Well that sure would be interesting.

... separate path CPP at XJT with the L-ASA guys.

I thought (not to be confused with hoped) that was DOA?

John Carr
02-08-2018, 12:28 PM
I thought (not to be confused with hoped) that was DOA?

Not sure, haven't heard from my buddies in a while about it and thought it was still undetermined?

PontiusPilot
02-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Not sure, haven't heard from my buddies in a while about it and thought it was still undetermined?

I've been hearing a 10% L-ASA CPP from multiple sources, but this still hasn't been confirmed from the company.