Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ZED fare travel on Cathay

Icarus39
10-17-2017, 11:43 PM
When you buy a ZED fare ticket on Cathay, can you be seated in First class if there is a seat available or are you always put in coach?

marcal
10-18-2017, 08:54 AM
When you buy a ZED fare ticket on Cathay, can you be seated in First class if there is a seat available or are you always put in coach?

lololololol. Sorry for the laughter. Only coach my friend. They don't even put their own employees in first.

303flyboy
10-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Actually they upgraded me 3 times on a zed ticket. (FAs did gate agents won’t ever). Then again I always bring chocolate for the FAs and Pilots, never ask for it and always introduce myself. Have fun !

Kenny
10-19-2017, 07:46 AM
It's very much hit or miss but I've been lucky enough to be upgraded to business a few times. They will look you up and down, to make sure you're wearing business suitable clothes, so dress smartly if you want a chance.

The Dominican
10-20-2017, 02:41 AM
They will look you up and down, to make sure you're wearing business suitable clothes, so dress smartly if you want a chance.

That's good advice for any carrier abroad.;)

SUX4U
11-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Have to actually have economy seats to even have a shot at an upgrade. I've been left behind numerous times by Cathay on oversold economy flights with open business class seats.