Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

P Owed Captain
10-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Since the flooding was unprecedented, and there were many homes severely damaged, I would imagine many pilots currently living in that domicile chose to transfer to other domiciles with better housing options. I currently live in Florida and would love to get the MCO domicile if I were to get hired, but I'm sure it's gone even more senior than what it probably already was. What are everybody's thoughts on this?

shootr
10-19-2017, 02:04 PM
HOU was junior for CA's before the storm. Mid-level for FO's.

P Owed Captain
10-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Which domiciles are most junior for FOs, please?

Psycho18th
10-19-2017, 02:09 PM
East is Baltimore, West is Oakland.

Peacock
10-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Last vacancy my class got BWI, HOU, and OAK

PropPiedmont
10-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Which domiciles are most junior for FOs, please?

BWI, HOU, MDW, & OAK all show new hires for the December vacancy projection. DAL, DEN, LAS, MCO, & PHX all show hires from June of this year.

Any base can be held within 6 months now, with the exception of ATL.

TransWorld
10-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Since the flooding was unprecedented, and there were many homes severely damaged. . .

Share some facts. In the metropolitan Houston area, 150,000 homes had some flood damage. That sounds like a lot and it is, but it is only 5% of all the homes.

In other words, 95% of the homes in Houston were high and dry. Not what the media portrayed. They only showed the homes flooded, not the huge number that were dry.

e6bpilot
10-20-2017, 10:41 AM
I am Houston based. The base really hasnít changed much. One or two bailed when their living situation changed but overall the base is the same seniority as pre hurricane. The added new hires next month are more a product of growing the base.
It was already a pretty junior base.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1