Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

50SeatsofGrey
10-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Dear Mods,

I wonder if there might be a better way to organize the 'who's been hired' thread. For the most part, you are either a military applicant or a civilian applicant, so it doesn't really make sense for a civilian to scroll through all the military quals, and for all the military guys to scroll through the civilian quals. I imagine it might be more helpful to have two separate threads; one where civilian pilots can see specifically civilian/regional quals that are getting hired, and where military pilots can see military quals that are getting hired.

With one thread, you get the benefit of a crude ratio of who's being hired, but I hope its obvious that this is not a reliable source of that kind of data.

In the recent spirit of organization and categorizing here on APC, (which I like, for the record) maybe this would be more helpful.

Or maybe not, just a suggestion.

Also, and I hope this is obvious, I am in no way advocating for any type of us vs. them mentality, this would be strictly for efficiency.

PRS Guitars
10-24-2017, 06:32 PM
I'd also like to see that all spurious replies in the thread get deleted by the mods. Have a specific format to follow, and no extraneous questions or comments. This would make it a much better reference...but I'm not King of APC:cool: